Any Mickey Mouse character fans?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah yes, but wouldn't you be?

I recall reading the best thing about him in the back of a comic book. He does not take part in evil things like arms dealing, drugs or alchohol...

Flintheart Glomglod however....

Just kidding. maybe extortion, but Flinty wouldn't want to deal with Gang Members. just cute and cuddley crooks like the Beagles.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well heck yeah! Especially with every one trying to take it around there. LOL!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like black and white classic Mickey before Disney decided he had to be on his best behavior. I like my Mickey mischievious. Donald Duck has always been my favorite for his mischief. The Duck is pure human angst (funny enough...the human part). The harder he tries the harder he falls...the harder he tries. Cracks me up. That and his frustrated "put up your dukes" move, while quacking madly in frustration. :zany:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I like black and white classic Mickey before Disney decided he had to be on his best behavior. I like my Mickey mischievious. Donald Duck has always been my favorite for his mischief. The Duck is pure human angst (funny enough...the human part). The harder he tries the harder he falls...the harder he tries. Cracks me up. That and his frustrated "put up your dukes" move, while quacking madly in frustration. :zany:
Yep, I love the early Mickey as well. And the "put up your dukes" from Donald is always good for a laugh.

I also enjoy the original Daffy Duck, when he was really Daffy and somewhat psychotic. I'd say Daffy was at his best from 1937 (when he was first introduced) to probably the mid-40s, before he was toned down a bit, and became jealous of Bugs Bunny hogging the spotlight.

"I'm so crazy, I don't even realize this is impossible!" exclaims Daffy in an early cartoon, as he rides an invisible bicycle around a boxing ring.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love both versions of Daffy. I don't say he was toned down, more as he evolved into someone who became bitter and frustraited, all while still trying to be an artist.... he reminds me of me. Same diff with Bugs Bunny too.

But I just can't get into Mickey. i loved him when I was a kid, but now I could care less. Goofy and Donald always stole the show. Pluto, I like, as long as the cartoon is not about him getting random crap stuck to his head. Shells, sweaters, crabs... it's repetitive and un amusing.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I like Daffy's character up until about the Chuck Jones years. He really was not the same after that in my opinion. Plus he stood up straighter then, so there!:stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Donald Duck was my favorite as a kid, so funny when he was frustrated!

My second favorite is Goofy, love those exercise and education shorts he always did!

Then I'll say Jiminey Cricket, partially from the movie and again, from the education shorts he did.

"You are the human animal. You are a very special breed. For you are the only animal, who can think, who can reason, who can read! Now all your pets are smart that's true! But none of them can add up two and two because the only thinking animal, is YOU, YOU, YOU!" :smile:

(Um Jiminey? That would mean you, as a non human, would also be unable to think or reason! lol :eek: )

Xerus

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen the cartoon, House of Mouse? It's about Mickey and the gang running a night club where lots of Disney characters hang out. You get to see all the old and new Disney characters like Snow White, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Aladdin, Winnie the Pooh, Timon and Pumbaa, and lots more doing new stuff and interacting with each other. I thought this was a neat series.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Well, I like Daffy's character up until about the Chuck Jones years. He really was not the same after that in my opinion. Plus he stood up straighter then, so there!:stick_out_tongue:
My favorite Daffy was the first one, by Bob Clampett, the rubbery duck with the high-pitched voice who bounced all around the screen, exclaiming "hoo-hoo!" One of my favorite Daffy shorts is The Daffy Doc (1938), which is the duck at his best, running amuck in a hospital, much to the chagrin of patient Porky. One classic scene has Daffy conking himself on the head, and conferring with the several "images" of himself. Actually, Daffy was paired with Porky in a lot of his early films.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree that the earliest one we're the best and I love Bob Clampett!

But I love Tex Avery and the Screwy Squirrel cartoons! That is some of the single funniest stuff I've ever seen!

Has anyone ever seen the cartoon, House of Mouse?
Yeah! A bit more going on then the "Mouse Works" Cartoon. But they show the same cartoons, though.