Any news on the New Muppet Show?

Green Ranger

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So now that Disney is in control there has been talk of a new show and stuff... does ne one have any concreate news about this and what it may have in store?

-GR :confused:

Banjo Matt

Reaction score
Yes, it's true. No news, no specials, no new TMS, NO NOTHING! :mad: :frown:

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
There WAS talk about a year ago of plans for a new Muppet series to air on Fox, but that was before the Disney deal, which didn't seem inevitable at the time. So whatever plans there were would have been shelved. And a TV series under Disney doesn't look too likely. At least not at this point.

beaker

Reaction score
JHC was poised to take the Muppets to a whole new level...to bring the Muppets back with an edgy new style...sadly, this glorious dream fizzled away. There is a 5 minute Fox Muppet Show pitch with Kermit and Pepe produced in late 2002, that has some 'colorful' language:wink:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I have never seen that,what were they talking about okay?:smile: :rolleyes:

Bert & Ernie

Reaction score
:halo: I can't wait for the new series! Its about time The Muppets where brought back into fame! :big_grin:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
The fate of the new Muppet show, proably depends on the ratings that the Muppet's World Of Oz gets.

If a new Muppet Show is made. I think that the core Muppets must be present. That was the problem with Muppet Tonights, too many new characters and not enough core classic characters. When most People think of the Muppets, they think of Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Animal. In Muppet Tonight, we saw very little of Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo. Heck, even Kermit wasn't in it that much. It was all Clifford and other new characters.

I am not saying that new characters are bad, but shouldn't be introduced all at once. Let the audience get used to the new character with an estlabished one like Kermit or Bean :big_grin: .

P.S. Just to let you know I love Pepe, Bobo, Dr.Phil,Digit,& especially Bean Bunny.