Any news on the New Muppet Show?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
the best way to prove that muppets aren't just for kids is to make a muppet version of Clerks. for some odd reason that idea has been kickin around my head for a week. i dont know whether its the thought of gonzo sayin "im not even supposed to be here today", rizzo reading a playboy and answering almost everything with "uh yea sure whatever", or zoot saying "....that's beautiful man"...but, psh, i can't get it out of my head.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Bean Bunny said:
If a new Muppet Show is made. I think that the core Muppets must be present. That was the problem with Muppet Tonights, too many new characters and not enough core classic characters. When most People think of the Muppets, they think of Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Animal. In Muppet Tonight, we saw very little of Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo. Heck, even Kermit wasn't in it that much. It was all Clifford and other new characters.
I agree but you could also add to that list Rowlf, Dr. Teeth and the rest of the Electric Mayhem, Scooter, etc. :sympathy: :big_grin: :flirt:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I agree but you could also add to that list Rowlf, Dr. Teeth and the rest of the Electric Mayhem, Scooter, etc. :sympathy: :big_grin: :flirt:
Agreed, but we have to add Bean to the list. You can't have a new Muppet Show without him.

Movies205

Reaction score
I think Disney's strategy is to remind people about the muppets before they put on a show. First with this movie and probably tons of merchandising and advertising.

FraggleRocks

Reaction score
Clerks?

punkNpuppets said:
the best way to prove that muppets aren't just for kids is to make a muppet version of Clerks. for some odd reason that idea has been kickin around my head for a week. i dont know whether its the thought of gonzo sayin "im not even supposed to be here today", rizzo reading a playboy and answering almost everything with "uh yea sure whatever", or zoot saying "....that's beautiful man"...but, psh, i can't get it out of my head.
are you going to be ok? :concern: a muppet version of clerks? while we all know that the muppets aren't just for kids at the same time everyone has to remember that kids enjoy watching it too. i for one started watching the muppet show when i was in elementary school. my parents wouldn't have let me watch it otherwise. so while i agree that the muppets could be a little edgier to get intrest picked up there is no need to go overboard with it. there are ways to entertain adults and kids at the same time. did you not watch shrek? there was a lot of adult humor in there that most of the kids didn't get.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i wasn't serious about the clerks thing. but i am making this variety comedy movie and i'm going to make a mock-trailer of Clerks with Sesame Street characters.

Bert - Dante

Ernie - Randal

Blue AM - Customer saying "What do you mean there's no ice?" AND saying "You guys open?"

Betty Lou - Veronica (i would use prairie dawn but i think betty lou would be easier to make because i just need yellow wool to make the hair, and i have no clue what to use for praire dawn's hair)

Elmo - Customer - "ELMO WANTS THAT MOVIE WITH THAT GUY WHO WAS IN THAT MOVIE THAT WAS OUT LAST YEAR"

Kermit - "What kind of convenient store do you run here?" person

and if they were in the trailer for more than 1 second, i would use biff and sully as jay and silent bob

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
I think a good idea for the Muppets would be to do some specials...like little spoofs or smaller holiday shows that will not put so much pressure on them to get ratings week after week. We know that networks have no patience for their series, so periodic specials may be the best thing for them right now. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
I think a good idea for the Muppets would be to do some specials...like little spoofs or smaller holiday shows that will not put so much pressure on them to get ratings week after week. We know that networks have no patience for their series, so periodic specials may be the best thing for them right now. :smile:
I agree with you. :smile: It would be better if the Muppets were brought back little by little, like two times a year, or maybe 3. They could do TV specials or made for video and DVD specials. And it was great seeing them again in that Muppet Party Cruise video game.