Any news on the remaining Muppet releases?

beaker

Reaction score
Here's hoping we'll get some word on releasing the remainign sculpted figures. It would be completely lame if Palisades doesnt release Sal, penguins, EM minis, etc at least via ebay or something.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Here's hoping we'll get some word on releasing the remainign sculpted figures. It would be completely lame if Palisades doesnt release Sal, penguins, EM minis, etc at least via ebay or something.

from what i keep reading, it's looking that way, the Penguins are coming out from what i heard and read. I can't see why they can't make Sal an Ebay exculsive. it would be cool if he was a christmas release figure for ebay, say two diffrent repaints, one in chirstmas colors, one in reg colors, he could come with a small plastic christmas tree, simalar to the Santa chef's wreath. and if it's possiable, use the sculpt for the old record player from the backstage set and paint it gold, maybe one gold and one silver for the diffrent repaints, maybe make it bigger so Johnny's records could fit on it or something, but i'd be very happy with that. There would be two paints and well i'm only dreaming i guess...i guess we should stop trying. :sympathy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
well i'm only dreaming i guess...i guess we should stop trying. :sympathy:
Never stop trying!!! Did Disney stop trying when Henson cancelled their merger in 1990? No! Did JHC stop trying when Jim died and they had to find a new voice for Kermit and Ernie? No! Did Statler and Waldorf stop attending the Muppet Show eben though they thought it was terrible? No! *Okay that last one was a bad example* But what I'm trying to say is never give up! Never surrender! Keep hoping for Sal until the clock strikes midnight on December 31st, 2005!!!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Keep hoping for Sal until the clock strikes midnight on December 31st, 2005!!!
LOL! Well I will keep hoping, this is ture, but on Dec 31st, 2005 at 11:55, i'm afraid we just have to face the facts, a monkey action figure can't me tooled, painted, acessorised, mass produced, packages, shipped, disrupted, stocked, displayed and boughten in that amount of time...even if it was 11:54, three hours earlier or three weeks earlier....there still is a chance i guess now, but it's out of our hands.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
And proud of it too! :smile:

Yes i certainaly won't give up hope for now, but Palisades is doing just about everything they can and could. so we will see.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Palisades is releasing those SS figures, so don't give up ALL hope.

Deadly is coming as an OMGCNFO exclusive, so I don't see why they couldn't release EM minis, Sal (WE NEED SAL!) or Beaker as an exclusive to them as well. Now I know that Beaker was with the first playset, but I don't have it and I can't find anyone who does- and I try not to buy stuff online. So we need the following- IN THIS ORDER:

1. Sal Manila
2. Beaker
3. Zoot re-release for those of us that don't have him and can't afford the old ones
4. Whatnot Minis- Penguins, Sheep and Rats
5. EM Minis (with Lips of course!)
6. These playsets (any two will do:smile: The Hispaniola (with Fozzie as The Young Halfwit Son); Scrooge's Office (with Kermit as Cratchit); The Swamp (with Kermit and Banjo); The Happiness Hotel (with whatever figure they want to give us); and Muppet Boarding House (with Floyd)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
You do know that Palisade's licsence for the Muppet's action figures ends in 2006 don't you? Not trying to sound mean but I don't think it's possible for them to release two playsets, 3 figures, 7 EM minis, and 3 sets of whatnot minis. Although I'm putting hope upon hope for Sal, I'll always be happy with what I got, I mean who thought figures like Crazy Harry, Lew Zeland, Marvin Suggs, The Muppet Newsman, Lips, Sweetums, or Dr. Phil Van Neuter would ever be made? Not me! And we're getting more still, Frog Scout Kermit, Rainbow Connection Kermit, Penguins, Uncle Deadly, and possibly Sal still coming this year! :big_grin:Don't worry be happy!:big_grin:

EDIT: O and by the by ordering online is perfectly safe and easy, just read some of these threads and find the good sites on the net for ordering the Muppet action figures! And if you don't order offline how are you gonna get Uncle Deadly, Frog Scout Kermit, or the Penguins?!?

beaker

Reaction score
MuppetCentral's figure listing still lists the Penguin 2 pack as an online exclusive, but wasn't that idea canned? Hmmmm....yeah its weird, it's almost summer and there really is no reamining Muppet figure release news. Too bad really.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Beaker...
1 It's not that there isn't any Muppet figure news. The Made In China article in the Palisades Club just showed three pics that will make a Muppets collector happy. If by Muppets you include Sesame Street and I do.
2 The online retailer for the Penguin 2-Pack idea hasn't been necessarily canned. It's just that the retailer has been lined up but not announced as of yet. It could most probably end up being an oline retailer or some other distributor, we have to wait and see.
So there is some Muppet figure news left, just not that much.
And don't forget the possible hopes of getting Sal Manilla, a deal for Standing Robin that's on the backburner last we heard, and two more potential deals Ken's kept tight-lipped about.