1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Any plans for Dinosaurs on DVD?

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by kermiefan, Jun 30, 2003.

1. kermiefan New Member

Does anyone know if there are any plans to put Dinosaurs on DVD? I see the VHS tapes all the time on E-bay - how many tapes are there?
  2. Bean Bunny New Member

See that Dinosaurs is half owned by the Walt Disney Company, it is hard to tell.
  3. rexcrk Active Member

I remember Dinosaurs! That was an awesome show! I remember watching Muppet Treasure Island with my sister once, and when Polly Lobster came on and spoke, I was like "Doesn't he sound like the baby from Dinosaurs?" and sure enough, it is!!! :D Oh yeah, does anyone think that they got the idea for Roz (I think it is, the old slug-like monster from Monsters Inc.) from the Grandma, I think that they were so much alike. :eek: They should definitley release that show on DVD! :)
  4. 9 tapes with 2 episodes each (18 episodes in total).
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

They should and techincally could.

However, this stuff is tied up at Disney, so the copywrite has a dispute...
  6. Bean Bunny New Member

If the show is ever released on DVD, it will have to be through Disney DVD. Henson's Sony Pictures Home Entertainment doesn't cover this.
  7. Svedish_Chef New Member

I assume all the Dinosaurs tapes are US based?
  8. Bean Bunny New Member

I guess, Disney released some video back in the early 90's.
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I just wish that Dizzy would work something out with Henson so that this could be released!
  10. Oliver New Member

I was just gonna post about thsi - I'd buy copies for sure!!!
  11. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

ok guys,

I will also work and see what i can find ill do a little muppet magic and snooping around and see what i can find out for ya. i dont know what it is but some people tell me things, ya know things that dont really need to be told. Like Disnie and JHC so let me work on it and ill let ya know when i can. just call me that guy with some odd facal hair and a cool noes for news.
  12. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

ok heres the lates that i have found. i e mailsd henson about dinosorus and muppets tonight and they where very sorry but none of them where being relaesd any time soon. but the told me to try and contact Buna Vista Tv so ill work on that tonight and see if i get a resonpes i probly wont becaus they might not care about there fans as much as JHC and i told them that in the E mail i sent JHC. but im still trying dont give up on me yet
  13. Oliver New Member

14. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

BV Home Video just e mailed me and said that they did not have any planes to re release this on to DVD so they must have and we just dont know about it im still looking. Oliver did you see the price 89.00 i love this show but i cant pay that much for it . im still looking

Dwayne :)
  15. Oliver New Member

I dont know, the price seems fair considering the auction is for 14 dvd's. I'd bid, however I'd really like to hear from someone who's actually seen this person's products before doing so. Hopefully Disney will get around to releasing a compilation disc of some episodes. Remember the one where they have to push their grandmother into the tarpits on her birthday? I miss this show and while I don't absolutely need complete season sets (it'd be nice) at least one solid compilation disc would satisfy me.
  16. ZiranF New Member

17. cp32 New Member

Dinosaurs on dvd

I have all 65 episodes on 5 dvdr. I m looking for episodes of the muppet show I dont have. The rest of Story teller that ran HBO complete. Not the 9 eps. on dvd. Or anything henson related I dont have.
  18. AlamoGuy New Member

Dinosaur DVDs for Trade

I am looking for Season Three and Four for the Dinosaurs series. I have ALL of season 1 and 2, and half of season three. They are all extremely high quality, and available for trade on DVD. (Four episodes per disk. Like I said, they are VERY high quality!)

Anyone want to trade? I would love to fill out my collection.

Jim
  19. King Prawn New Member

Actually seven were released in the UK, six i'm positive on the seventh i'm not too sure.
  20. GelflingWaldo New Member

I would love to see Dinosaurs on DVD :flirt: I really hope Disney & Henson sees their is a fan-base and a market for DVD sets of the show. I really would like to see the show released. If I have time this weekend I'm thinking of writting both companies a letter about this, I would urge others to do the same. If they don't know their is a demand, nothing will be done.