Any Scooby-Doo fans here on the forum?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm a pretty big of Scooby Doo in his various incarnations in general- and Scooby's All Star Laff-A-Lympics was always one of my favorites! So cool to finally see this coming to DVD!:smile:
UGh... in "Volumes." So it could forseeably cost over 50 bucks to get the whole set. These are clearly made for little kids, but really... do they even care? Man, who do they have running their animation DVD department? Mr. Stingy? Scrooge McDuck? a little more generous with these things, huh? This isn't 2000 anymore... no one buys 15 dollar 4 episode "Volumes" anymore.

Gaw... I HATE WHV! :mad:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Scrooge McDuck? a little more generous with these things, huh? This isn't 2000 anymore... no one buys 15 dollar 4 episode "Volumes" anymore.
I was actually just watching some DuckTales recently. Even Scrooge McDuck wasn't always all about the money...his family did beat it out. (But money came right after it. lol):big_grin:

But yeah- the volume thing does get to be annoying. The primary ones buying DVDs of this show are probably going to be adult collectors who want the season sets. Maybe these are designed for today's kids who are familiar with Scooby-Doo to beg out their parents for at Toys 'R' Us and so parents get stuck spending a bunch of money to pacify their kids. lol.
Well- at least it's getting released.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The primary ones buying DVDs of this show are probably going to be adult collectors who want the season sets.
Ehhhhh! WRONG! But thanks for playing! What's his Concellation Prize, Johnny?

Well, Guy, he gets to walk away with WHV's collection of unfinished "We promise to release collection sets" DVD's: Scooby-Doo Gets a Clue, The Smurfs, Tom and Jerry Tales, Chowder and a host of others that will soon be at the 6 dollar bin!

Really, I'm sick of their annoying crap. Either release the full series at some point, or don't. Half releasing overpriced DVD's for kids (who LOVE to wait 6-8 months for 4 episodes, really) alienates fans, and doesn't get kids to buy something they're too young to care about.

BigBirdABCDEFGH

Reaction score
I have both The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour and The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show: Volume 1 on DVD.

I like Dynomutt as his hick-like voice, contributed by Frank Welker, was said to copy that of Bullwinkle J. Moose. Caroll Spinney copied that for the early incarnation of his Big Bird character.

~Ben