Any Scooby-Doo fans here on the forum?

wiley207

Reaction score
As for an old style Scooby Doo... other than the movies, I don't see it happening for a while. CN wants to NOT be CN (something everyone and their mother have been bemoaning- but it's not changing any of the tiny minds that run the network), and there's no Kid's WB anymore (I could go on a 5 page rant about that. All I can say is thanks CBS!)... there's no where to put a Scooby Doo show. no where. the DTV market is the only way to go.
Actually, I heard that there IS going to be a new Scooby-Doo TV series for 2009, entitled "Scooby-Doo - Mystery Inc." Not much details, but I hope it's better than the insult that was "What's New Scooby-Doo."

Ever since Warner Bros. Animation took over producing Scooby-Doo cartoons in 1998, they've churned out horrible Scooby-Doo TV shows. "What's New Scooby-Doo" was essentially "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" with the gang as adults and the plots being b@t!rdazations of the old episodes, and it seemed to resemble the late-1960s Cool Cat and Merlin the Magic Mouse cartoons instead of the old Hanna-Barbera -produced Scooby shows, like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_x8Gd2GRJM
This is what "What's New Scooby-Doo" essentially was resembling

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I seem to be one of the few people (outside of maybe here?) who HATED the goblin movie that came out last Halloween. When you take them out of their mystery solving element, it just doesn't work!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering what they did to the Looney Tunes, I think Scooby Doo got off easy with that one. I found the show quite a bit better written than most of the older episodes I've seen. Plus, in Scooby's long line of programming, I wouldn't even say it was one of the badder ones... considering that it didn't have to rely on any one of Scooby's relatives (really, I hate the Scrappy episodes). And the show really didn't stray from the original ideal... something I've seen happen too many times.

Erine81981

Reaction score
To me anything with Scooby Doo in it i don't mind watching. Now when CN started showing the "What's New Scooby Doo?" I recorded several episodes that lasted for at least 3 or 4 VHS and all because it didn't bother me as much.

Now when the first animated movie hit the stores "Scooby Doo On Zombie Iland" i wasn't all that into it. I bought it but at first didn't dig it as much as i did the others that came out before it. Being most of the stuff that was released was older movies that still had Don Messick as Scooby. I was into Scooby back in the last 21st centry because i always enjoyed HB for anything they did.

I'm still going to watch the movie and all because i don't seem to mind what they've done with Scooby. He to me is still the same character i've grown to love. There's only somethings that might get me into a tizy but i'll watch it before judging it before i've seen it. But that's me and i know everyone out there has their own opinon. There's my two cents.

Count von Count

Reaction score
To me anything with Scooby Doo in it i don't mind watching. Now when CN started showing the "What's New Scooby Doo?" I recorded several episodes that lasted for at least 3 or 4 VHS and all because it didn't bother me as much.
:search:Just wonderng why does it not bother you as much?
I'm not that big a fan of "What's New"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, if I see enough promotional material, a Pup Named Scooby Doo movie actually seems to intrigue me... as long as we don't fall into the first movie's "making fun of the source material" trap. Still have no clue why they made Shaggy a Vegan... specially since he'd eat anything that wasn't nailed down.

Seriously... any abandoned warehouse or amusement park, he'd be able to find food that's probably been there forever and have no problem eating it.

Besides... the first 2 movies made several references to Pup...

Erine81981

Reaction score
:search:Just wonderng why does it not bother you as much?
I'm not that big a fan of "What's New"
It just reminded me of the 1969/1970 version of Scooby Doo. That's why it didn't bother me to much. Plus when Casey Kasum came back to do Shaggy then i knew it was going to be good writing for all the characters.

I guess i could have said that i didn't really care for the "What A Clue Scooby Doo?" wasn't all that it was cut out to be. I wasn't all that impressed. Now i hadn't seen it till it first aired on WB and then when i did see a show it was ehhh you know not too good. I didn't like that one because of the guy who voiced Shaggy. It was the same one who did Robin for Teen Tightens. But that's me for ya.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I'm even disappointed in the new cartoon movies, they just lack in comdey and over all fun.

They need to bring back the stlye of the Great Scooby cartoons from 60's and 70's.
And stop making these cgi movies, because it's just an epic failure.
Yes, absolutely. Also, I'm not certain, but I remember hearing somewhere that they plan on doing a cgi Yogi Bear movie. What next?

Erine81981

Reaction score
They have plans on doing several HB movies to Theaters and here is the list of shows they are turning into a live action/CGI movie.

Yogi Bear
The Smurfs
Tom and Jerry
The Jetsons
Hong Kong Phooey
Johnny Quest

Edit: Now being everyone is going to just bomb the smack out of all these before they get produce and i on the other hand will wait till i see them to then judge them by what happens on the screen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess i could have said that i didn't really care for the "What A Clue Scooby Doo?" wasn't all that it was cut out to be. I wasn't all that impressed. Now i hadn't seen it till it first aired on WB and then when i did see a show it was ehhh you know not too good. I didn't like that one because of the guy who voiced Shaggy. It was the same one who did Robin for Teen Tightens. But that's me for ya.
I think I stated it before... the villains, if used in another series, would have been just brilliant. I really liked how they were used on the show... Shaggy and Scooby, not so much (plus, I agree... I didn't think Scott Menville did a great job as Shaggy... he sounded too whiney). But the show's gone now (and I thought the ending was quite clever), and we're looking to something better with a new series. Unlike Looney Tunes, who were irrevocably damaged by Loonatics Unleashed.

They have plans on doing several HB movies to Theaters and here is the list of shows they are turning into a live action/CGI movie.

Yogi Bear
The Smurfs
Tom and Jerry
The Jetsons
Hong Kong Phooey
Johnny Quest

Edit: Now being everyone is going to just bomb the smack out of all these before they get produce and i on the other hand will wait till i see them to then judge them by what happens on the screen.
Honestly, Half of those don't seem so bad... Johnny Quest (while I can't say I'm a huge fan) actually sounds pretty interresting. And Hong Kong Phooey is being writen by a Family Guy writer... and we all know what pop culture bugs they are over there... they might actually get stuff RIGHT! And they've been trying to do the Jetsons for years... since 1996 at least.

The Smurfs IS gonna suck because they changed the plot line to kill any reference to mystery, magic, Medieval settings... and basically anything the Smurfs was about to try to grab onto the same Hanna Montana jaded fantasy hating public that everyone thinks is the end all be all of entertainment. I'm furious about it, since I was really looking forward to it.