Any Weird Al fans out there?

Xela

Reaction score
Ooh! My mom has met Weird Al!!

He's so funny.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Yo, Weird Al fan here. He's the best, my favorites are " Complicated", "Dare to be Stupid" and "Genius in France".

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
well i'm still a Weird Al fan
Oh yeah, me too--I just thought I'd answer your question, since you said you weren't sure which of those songs were actually Weird Al.

Weird Al is a really nice guy--we met him after his show in Iowa City a couple of years ago. He stayed around to sign autographs for anyone who stuck around long enough. Really a friendly person, and very good to his fans.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Who let them cows out sure sounds like a parody Al could've done of Who let the dogs out.
Who is his music parody competition if he didn't do that one?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I don't know, probably a lot of independent people. I do know that a lot of stuff gets released online through P2P services as attributed to "Weird Al," but isn't really by him.

There's a question in the weirdal.com FAQ about this...

http://www.weirdal.com/faq.htm

Erine81981

Reaction score
I have lots of CDs of him. Even the DVD that came out years back. I can't get enough of his stuff. I hope to see some more of his stuff soon. I would love to see a new cd soon.

Xela

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
She's Lucky
Yeah, she met him while she worked at the airport...it wasn't even a major airport, but he was flying to California to visit some friends. She's just typing in the stuff, and then she's like "Wait, I know this name! You're Weird Al!"

And he was like "Hey! I am! And you're..." then he read my mom's name tag.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I don't know, probably a lot of independent people. I do know that a lot of stuff gets released online through P2P services as attributed to "Weird Al," but isn't really by him.

There's a question in the weirdal.com FAQ about this...

http://www.weirdal.com/faq.htm
That is incredible. I wonder how Al feels being credited for songs he didn't do?
If these people have such talent you'd think they would release their own work in their own name.

The thought just struck me Has Al ever been in trouble for not having had permission from artists to do these parodies of their songs even though he's innocent?