Any Weird Al fans out there?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, and such a short list it is too... *wink*
Thanks for all those links! I have a few of those songs, but most of the clips are brand new to me! You know I was just thinking before how much "Dare to Be Stupid" sounds like Devo?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
As you might can tell, I really like a lot of Weird Al Yankovic's songs. His parodies are hilarious!:smile: And he does really funny original songs too. And he does the polka medleys of popular songs, which are funny too.
I didn't see it on youtube, but if you haven't heard his parody of Eminem's "Lose Yourself"- you should definitely check that out. It's really hilarious.

And if you like Weird Al, another great band I would recommend is ApologetiX!
www.apologetix.com

This is a great Christian rock band that is similar to Weird Al because they do parodies of all kinds of rock and roll songs- with a Christian message!:smile: They've got some very cool songs.
As the band describes themselves- "We've got a two part style. We'll tell you part's Weird Al- the other part's Billy Graham!"

It's not as corny as you might think. They really do an awesome job of sounding very much like the original artists. And the lyrics are very often chock full of Bible verses- literally chapter and verse!
They also cover a lot of things- "Eight Ways to Be" (parody of The Beatles' "Eight Days a Week") lists The Beatitudes. (Matthew 5)
"La Bible" (parody of Ritchie Valens' "La Bamba") lists all 66 books of The Bible!

The other cool thing is that a lot of their songs tell many different accounts from The Bible
- like "It's Not Eden" (parody of Five For Fighting's "It's Not Easy (Superman)") tells about the fall of man in the Garden of Eden
-"Are You Gonna Be Ike's Girl?" (parody of "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet) tells about how Isaac got his wife Rebekah
-"Naomi Gonna Be With Ruth" (parody of "Only Wanna Be With You" by Hootie and the Blowfish) tells about Ruth and Naomi and how they stuck together through adversity

And one of my favorites- "Narrow Way to Heaven" (parody of Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven") tells us what Jesus said in Matthew 7- the way to Heaven is very narrow and only a few ever find it. And of course, as you can see from the verse in my signature, in John 14:6 Jesus said that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and that no man comes to the Father but by Him. All that is covered in the song.

Anyway, definitely check them out. There's tons of free MP3s on their site.
Here's a few videos to check out too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYS4L6mzGls&search=ApologetiX
(ApologetiX- "Bethlehemian Rhapsody" (parody of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody") (this is actually Queen's music video with ApologetiX's lyrics!))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_vTnRjvk6s&search=ApologetiX
(ApologetiX- "The Real Sin Savior" (parody of Eminem's "The Real Slim Shady") (live performance- unfortunately, the song's cut off at the end))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYA36U3w4NY&search=ApologetiX
(Apologetix- "How You Rewind Me" (parody of Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" and "Crazy Little King God Loves" (parody of Queen's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love") (this song's cut off at the end))

:smile:

Timotheus

Reaction score
Apologetix are good. I like the song "Choirboy".
Wierd Al's ebay song is awesome. I like it better than the original. A lot better, in fact.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Have been since age 12,big/huge fan of his.Got to see him open for The Monkees in '87.