Anybody here a fan of John Goodman?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Just a random question, but I do enjoy John Goodman's work.

What do you guys think....

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I love his stuff with Disney like Monsters Inc. and Emperor's New Groove. Assuming I'm thinking of the right guy hahaha :stick_out_tongue:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I like his voice acting work, and he was good in Roseanne :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think he's underrated. I like John Goodman. He can be quite funny and really creepy in roles like in Fallen with Denzel Washington. He’s more than just the Roseanne guy.

matleo

Reaction score
You know I was actually thinking about John Goodman on the way home from work tonight. Weird.

Yeah, I love John goodman. I think he's a brilliant actor. Very sincere. Very funny. But i find that he chooses really lousy projects. Ok, there are some exceptions. But when you look at the bulk of his work (King Ralph, Arachnopobia, One Night at McCool's) he's made some really lousy movies. Other tham that, I think he's a great actor. I wish he'd do more good pictures. Just my opinion.

--Matt

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I love his stuff with Disney like Monsters Inc. and Emperor's New Groove. Assuming I'm thinking of the right guy hahaha :stick_out_tongue:
Yeah that's the right guy he voiced Pacha in Emperor's New Groove and Sulley in Monsters INC
He also voiced Baloo in the New Jungle Book 2 movie
You know I was actually thinking about John Goodman on the way home from work tonight. Weird.

--Matt
That is weird, :smile:

Maestro

Reaction score
In addition to being a great actor, he's also a pretty good singer. He sang "Sweet Home Chicago" in an episode of Roseanne, and his singing was one of the few things that made the movie Blues Brothers 2000 tolerable (at least for me.)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just saw him in a movie just yesterday. But he's awesome!:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah that's the right guy he voiced Pacha in Emperor's New Groove and Sulley in Monsters INC
He also voiced Baloo in the New Jungle Book 2 movie
His Balloo was basically the ONLY highlight of Jungle Book 2. I think he did a very good job, especially considering both of the previous Balloo Voice actors passed on. Ed Gilbert (I'm 90% sure that's the name), the person who voiced him in Talespin died in 1999.

I really am a fan of his work, myself. He's got a big lovable lug type personality. Sure, it lead him to be type cast numerous times, but he really made these roles speak. Especially Fred Flintstone. I mean, the only one who could have pulled that off would have been Jackie Gleason (as the Flintstones was an homage or knockoff of the Honeymooners- depending on your own opinions of Hanna Barbera.

I just saw Speed Racer last week (loved it by the way), and I felt he did a great job as Pops Racer (Mifune Daisuke- that's his real name, surname first). he was just as believable a father figure as he usually is.