Anybody here a fan of John Goodman?

Xerus

Reaction score
I liked the Sesame Street scenes when John spent time with Telly. It turned out they both liked triangles. And another time, Telly tried to surprise everyone by wearing kitty ears. But John suggested that wearing rabbit ears would be more surprising.

And I remember John as a guest star on Muppets Tonight, where Andy and Randy Pig kept getting John into all sorts of trouble even though they meant well.

And I also remember the first Futurama Christmas special where John voiced an evil Robot Santa Claus. But in the other episodes, John DiMaggio took over as the voice of the Robot Santa.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I love John Goodman! My favorite roles are those he plays in Cohen Brothers movies, like Barton Fink, Raising Arizona, and O Brother, Where Art Thou? The man's just brilliant. I do wish he could get his weight down to a healthier size so that a couple years down the road we won't be saying, "Man, John Goodman USED to be such a good actor...". He's not getting any younger, and his weight isn't going to help his longevity. But man, such a talent....

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a pretty big fan of him myself as well, needless to say I guess since I started this thread.

I remember reading something a lot years back I think after Chris Farley died where they were thinking John Goodman was going to be next, thankfully that's not the case. I think they were just factoring his weight, they didn't mention the fact that Chris also was a huge drug user.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
but he really made these roles speak. Especially Fred Flintstone. I mean, the only one who could have pulled that off would have been Jackie Gleason (as the Flintstones was an homage or knockoff of the Honeymooners- depending on your own opinions of Hanna Barbera.
I agree with you there, but I think that Mark Addy was born for the roll personally.

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
John Goodman is great. Roseanne is one of my favourite shows :big_grin: and he was awesome on it

and The Big Lebowski is one of my favourite movies.:smile: