Anyone else glad that Palisades cut down on the...

rexcrk

Reaction score
Anyone else glad that Palisades cut down on the playsets? I am. But I'm not saying the playsets are bad at all, they're really quite awesome :halo: but they're kind of expensive. I'm lucky that I found Muppet Labs and my mom got me Swedish Kitchen for my birthday (and I'm eagerly waiting for Swine Trek) :wink: . However, me not having a job or anything I'm lucky to just be able to get the set of four that comes out. But I think having one playset with every series would be just a little too much, but having Palisades come out with one every so often is a smart idea IMO. Great job palisades :flirt: *thumbs up* hehe

WiGgY

Reaction score
Palisades didn't do it out of kindness to the collector. They did it because they did not sell as much as they needed to in order to make more sets. The back stage will likely be the last set ever, unless it sells extremly well. And it's too bad because we may be left with a muppet action figure line that has no Vet's Hospital in it at all.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Well, I know that Palisades didn't do it to be kind to collector, but it was a nice bonus for me :wink: :halo:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hey, if you're still looking for the Swine Trek, I've seen it at Electronics Boutique a few times for 70% off! That's amazingly reasonable, so it might be a good time to pick it up.

I don't work for them or anything, just trying to be helpful...

rexcrk

Reaction score
Thanks, but actually I ordered from ebgames.com so it'll probably be here tomorrow. Problem is, my EB Games store doesn't carry the Muppet figures any more. I've only ever seen both versions of Miss Piggy there. It's really quite depressing when the only option is the Internet :sympathy: (it IS good though, I just hate the waiting! :wink: )

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, have a great time with it when it comes! It's a great playset!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah it is! It just came this morning! (Along w/ my pinstripe Johnny Fiama! :smile: ) and I love the playset. Hey is there any way to hold the doors open that any one knows of? :wink: And having the interchangeable backgrounds is reeeeaally cool! I've got Beaker up on mine :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm not stoked that it's over for the playsets after Backstage. I would have loved a little deal the size of Muppet Labs for Vet's Hospital, or a BOP playset!

Luke

Reaction score
I think the playsets have just been too risky for them, Ken said that they aren't even doing them for the new licenses. It'd be cool if the mini-environments could be used for that kinda thing. I thought Dr Phil should have really had one.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I jsut hope that we someday see a front stage that goes with the abck - of course, it's unlikely, but ya never know. Guess if it doens't come out I'll just try to build something instead :stick_out_tongue: