Anyone else glad that Palisades cut down on the...

Luke

Reaction score
I would love to see a front stage, even more than the backstage personally - although the backstage is great. There's just something about the Muppet Show stage with the arches, curtain, statler & waldorf in the box.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what all we get by the time the line's over with and done before I begin building anything.

I'd love to see a Palisades made Theater stage, too!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Luke said:
I think the playsets have just been too risky for them, Ken said that they aren't even doing them for the new licenses. It'd be cool if the mini-environments could be used for that kinda thing. I thought Dr Phil should have really had one.
I agree... yet, since the character isn't well known, I doubt that it would have sold, as they had trouble selling Miss Piggy and the Swine Trek, dispite the fact she's an A list Muppet...

Luke

Reaction score
No i just meant including a gurney and brain sucking machine with the regular figure, not a full blown playset.

WiGgY

Reaction score
We really do need a balcony for S&W. I think it would work as a limited run Palisades Direct item.

Phil's accessories were porrly done I think. As someone else mentioned, he's all dirthy with blood or mud or something, yet all the accessories are nice and clean. Plus, they aren't even hollow so you can't add colored water of even paint to make it look like he's doing something. Then there is that stupid eggnog carton which is such a poor accessory. The ball was dropped on Phil's accessories.

While people did want more equipment for the labs set, I don't think it was fair to use Phil as an accessory pack for the labs. Phil never even brewed potion of anything like that. He hosted tails from the Vet and kept muppet creatures in cages and stuff. He SHOULD have come with a stack of cages with those muppet creatures in them. The brown ones with the big eyes seen in the Tails from the Vet sketches. It could have been one creature scupted and used three or 4 times in each cage. Then give Phill a mail bag (since he often read letters) or something. Instead, he is used as a Muppet Labs accessory pack with only one accessory that has anything to do with him, and that accessory was a stupid eggnog carton! He could have been much much better than he is.

Back to playsets, I think Palisades is making them too big and too expensive. While sets like the Kitchen, backstage, and Swine rek need to be big, I don't see why a smaller Muppet Labs sized VH set couldn't be done. Also, some characters could have mini sets. In away Sam and Marvin both come with mini sets. Sam has a speech set and Marvin has his Muppaphone mini playset. Robin had a mini playset as well. So, we are getting mini playsets.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Raech said:
the newsman has a mini set too
I really like the newsman's mini set. That's all he really needs, so it's nice to just have a desk and a little backdrop.

Raech

Reaction score
Me too. It is very cool. And he was very worth it.
It was just hard picking what stickers to use :concern: (not tht I am complaining)

WiGgY

Reaction score
I wasn't totally happy with that mini set. The desk wasn't show accurate and neither was the back drop. They tried, but I would much rather have the clocks and maps on there instead of those stickers. But it's better than no mini set at all.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I took the stickers for the newsman's set, stuck it to the flat plastic of the clam-shell packaging, then cut that out and am able to insert and remove the screens at will!