1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Anyone else tired of seeing Animal with pink hair?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Fozzie Bear, May 29, 2003.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Hey,

Anybody else here get tired of seeing JHC okay the production of Animal products with PINK hair? I know there's some there, but it's RED mostly.

What do you think about it?

FOZ :halo:

Ozymandias likes this.
  2. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I know what you mean, Pink Animal is getting really annoying, i don't think he's ever appeared in any show/movie as pink as he does in some of the products that come out.

You should have seen the Pink Animal head Burger King gave out promoting MFS, it's pink, vibrates and furry, let's just say my dad was a bit shocked when he found that in my room. :halo:

3. Fozzie Bear

Hmm...how do I get one? NO! Wait! I am trying to NOT promote Pink Animal.

The closest looking product to the actual Animal head so far is the puppet that was put out years ago by Fisher Price (?). You could see the yellow underneath the pink, so it worked out okay.

4. Luke

Luke Active Member

LMAO - It's a prized piece in my collection - it took a lot for the Burger King peeps to find me one of those too as most of the restaurants had sold out. Hmmmmm i wonder why ? :eek:

5. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

It was easy for me to get, for some reason there were millions of those at my girlfriends house.

I remember when i got it, I walked outside (There are only to Burger Kings in my country and one is located outside Casements, where you'd find all the tourists) there were hundred's of people with a fuzzy, vibrating Pink head I couldn't stop laughing, seriousley it really vibrates heavily... i've never seen a kids toy vibrate like that before.

6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's another Henson myth. Gonzo's nose is blue, Animal's fur is hot pink and Bunsen is neon green. :rolleyes:

7. Fozzie Bear

And when you mix light blue, hot pink, and neon green together, you get the new color: VOMIT.

8. Luke

Luke Active Member

I guess thats why they call them 'Happy Meals' !!! :o

9. Ryan

Ryan New Member

I used to think the same thing about Animal, until I saw some closeup pics of him from the GMC era. At one point in the 80's, he was very pink! But, yeah, I'd like to see red Animal stuff. :halo:

10. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Pink animal!?!? What about his color changing NOSE!! It's red! No it's orange! no it's red! no it's orange! sheesh!!!

The action figure is pink with an orange nose.
    I don't know what to think!

Zack)Rowlf the, What's right?Dog

11. Fozzie Bear

Well, I did forget to mention that I do really dig the Palisades action figure for detail and because it isn't HOT PINK.

12. Puppet crazy

Puppet crazy Member

Up until this new Movie he was mostly pink. I don't like the new red one.

13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Animal's fur has always been comprised of red, pink and orange ostrich feathers of various hues. Most of the difference we see has to do with film stock and lighting.

14. Muppetfan2011

Muppetfan2011 Member

Animal should be RED not PINK!

15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Color layering is beautiful to look at, a pain in the neck to get to look right. I have SOOOO many problems with Gonzo's nose...

On the subject, I never liked Pink Lollipop Animal. Same reason I hate fat Twiddlebug looking Cookie Monster plush. Plush rarely gets Animal's fur close enough, I can see that, there's NO excuse with Cookie being blue and bald.

16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I keep hearing some fans applauding the new Gonzo design, but it's just not right. A few of my non-fan friends have even commented how his nose texture resembles the Master Replicas Gonzo's sock covering, but thicker and in blue. I mean, he's okay, but he's not in any way back to any original Gonzo I've ever seen.

Animal, on the other hand, is a little better now than he was a couple years ago, but I'd rather he go back to his TMM look.

17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

ME. Guh, I can't STAND pink Animal. He's red! RED, I TELL YOU!!!! :crazy:

18. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

While Animal is primarily red, there is a bit of pink in there. And orange.

And Animal obviously last all his pink when he hit puberty, because when he was a baby he was all pink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Puppet crazy

Puppet crazy Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Sorry but early Muppet Show Animal looks more pink to me.

Yes, baby animal definitely is [​IMG]

20. Muppetfan2011

Muppetfan2011 Member

I arrest my case i do see a little pink in Animal.