Anyone have Muppet Tattoos?

Beebers

Reaction score
dlphntat said:
So, as muppet fans, I'm just curious is anyone else out there has immortalized their favorite muppets in ink and skin?
I got my first and very likely only tatoo at age 44 to commemmorate having survived a near-fatal mishap, a phoenix flying up my shoulder. I'd never before aspired to or thought of having one. It's on the shoulder blade and is a small, well, not that small, 3 by 4 1/2 inch spectacular piece of art. I wish I'd thought of a Muppet tatoo at the time, but this was appropriate and no regrets. I was told by the artist that chances were good I'd become addicted and get more, and I've known this to be true for many people, but I'm happy with the one. They can hurt, dependent on where they're being done. Some locations hurt more than others. Over bone hurts most, and the outlines (done first) hurt more than the color fill-ins. Some areas are not painful at all. Mine hurt as it was all on the shoulder blade but many are almost painless. And, the better the tatoo artist, the less grief. A quality tatoo artist might seem like an oxymoron, but there are some pretty fine artists out there who take their work seriously. And the stories they can tell, great stuff.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

BabyBeanBunny

Reaction score
I really would love to get a doozer, mid back. I can't afford them right now, but when I get a job, I will get a doozer. Most likely Cottorpin. And maybe Bean Bunny for my right shoulder. My left shoulder will have Swift Heart Rabbit Care Bear on it. I already have a cute bunny on my ankle, but I would really love to have Bean Bunny on my shoulder.

BabyBeanBunny

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Tattoos wahoooo

I'm so happy to see others with tattoos too.I have been a tattoo addict since childhood.Tattoo books(about an inch,made of washable ink),were in vending machines in the 70s(25 cents a piece).I would buy so many of them and to apply them you wet whatever part of your body you want to apply the tattoo to,apply & peel.Got my first tattoo roughly 10 years ago,a friend of a friend did it in his house(a dreamcatcher).I have over 20 tattoos right now; mostly fantasy & spiritual.No Muppet tats yet,but currently have Disney's Cheshire Cat on my upper left arm(custom made coloring,with mushrooms & stars).My other tattoos are:

1)A pixie,with butterfly wings
2)A fairie/female
3)A green gnome,with roomate's name over tail
4)Female jester with(the jokes on you)banner,cause born on April First
5)2 dreamcatchers
6)ohm symbol over lotus flower
7)a dragon
8)cross(with gems) with godmother's name & her deathdate
9)tribal sun
10)pheonix
11)praying angel with mom&dad,for my parents who have passed away
12)dolphin in a wave over Air Supply(name of musical group)
13)Harley(motorcycle)wings
14)peace in Japanese
15)southwestern wrap
16)tribal wrap
17)cheshire cat
18)coyote in a prairie scene
19)ying/yang sun & moon
20)butterfly & flower wrap
21)divinity moon with stars

That's all of them,****.I want to get something maybe Muppet,or a Bast Cat(Egyptian Cat).Running out of room,lol.-JaniceFerSure

Beauty is pain. :cool:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Wow! Are all of those real tattoos, or are some of them just the temporary ones? That's a lot of tattoos!
Erin

Hypatia

Reaction score
A lot?

Well, I guess you could say I have a few....

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/abunce12/detail?.dir=/Tattoos&.dnm=Anna+After.jpg

That's my back...or part of it, at least...

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/abunce12/detail?.dir=/Tattoos&.dnm=Anna's+leg--front.jpg

That's my leg--and it goes all the way around. No pics of it, but these days I have a full sleeve on my left arm as well. And find myself wondering why it never occurred to me to get a Muppet tattoo.....now I'm thinking about trying to work in Beaker and the Heat Miser on my right sleeve....someday when I get around to getting a right sleeve. You know, there's been a lot of talk of choosing a skilled artist, etc.---but for those who are planning to get one or thinking about getting one, sterilization and proper precautions against pathogens on the part of your artist are even more important. Just be careful! :zany:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Wow! That's quite a piece of artwork you have there, Hypatia! BTW, welcome to the board. :cool:
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
What a question-tattoos

Yup they are all real,yup there are a lot,yup they all hurt like the dickens too.But I look at all of 'em and love them just as much as when I first got them.I remember when I got them,why I chose them,how long each took,etc...Absolutely no regrets. :crazy: Oh I forgot one,lol a divinity moon,with a red cat and a rainbow coming out of one of the stars. :excited:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
if i knew how to post a link i would, but since i dont, ill just recommend that you all visit the tattoo section of bme.com..there you shall find pics of animal, mokey, the swedish chef and a gonzo pez dispenser all imortalised in ink...none of them are mine btw..

Doogied

Reaction score
Let me give you some advice.....

janicegroupie said:
I was so excited when I saw this thread because I have so wanted to get a tatoo for a while but I'm really afraid of the pain. I'll probably end up getting it eventually because I know exactly what I want. Kermit's smiling face kinda like this :smile: with the Jim Henson signature underneath on the right side of my lower back. I just have get myself to get the courage to.
Here's the thing , you're a girl and your body was made to give birth. Short of that NOTHING HURTS. Lol.... I am covered in tattoos (all of which can be hidden for work or school purposes of course) and although I am no fan of pain, they can be irritating but the feeling on your skin is not one of pain believe me. Anybody who has had a tattoo can tell you, when the tattooing first starts, the first words out of your mouth will be "That's it? So what's the big deal?" I am making plans now for a full sleeve...it will take about a year to do but I 'm an addict. Lol... I wonder if there's a 12 step program for that?
Oh! And as for character tattoos, I have a Tigger on my ankle....he puts an extra "bounce" in my step. :wink: Some day, when I am MUCH MUCH older, I am going to have the Labirynth tattooed to my back.....when I am at an age when I am past caring what others think because I no longer need to work...so I am thinking I will do around 50 or so, yay retirement!!! Well, that's my two cents!

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Doogied said:
Here's the thing , you're a girl and your body was made to give birth. Short of that NOTHING HURTS. Lol.... I am covered in tattoos (all of which can be hidden for work or school purposes of course) and although I am no fan of pain, they can be irritating but the feeling on your skin is not one of pain believe me. Anybody who has had a tattoo can tell you, when the tattooing first starts, the first words out of your mouth will be "That's it? So what's the big deal?" QUOTE]
My friends who have tatoos actually told me pretty much the same thing. I think what I'm going to do is make an appointment and just go. I'll make sure to bring my friends with too so I don't chicken out. I have so been thinking about my tatoo dream for like 3 years now and it's time to just do it. Time to stop being a scaredy cat. :eek: I'll make sure to post when I do it (hopefully soon.)