April Fools: Muppet Freak EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW - Oh my gosh, guys - This is HUGE!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I am still in total shock and awe about this.

After only having been online a very short time, i was able to snag my first interview with a Muppet insider.

That alone is pretty hefty enough, but considering WHO it is, i'm still pinching myself in disbelief! This is frelling huge! A real exclusive, since this is not only as big as you can get these days, but also the first (and probably last!) time he's done an interview for a Muppet fan site!

I wanted to get this online as soon as i finished transcribing it so forgive any typos, i'll clean any i catch up as soon as possible, but for now ... see for yourself all the stuff that's gonna have Muppet Freaks (and employees) buzzing for days!

http://muppetfreak.blogstream.com

MWoO

Reaction score
Well that....seems in poor taste.

Leyla

Reaction score
I agree. It IS in poor taste. To spare anyone the effort of clicking it and investigating, if they would also find it in poor taste. It's a link to an "interview" with Jim Henson, via ouija board. I didn't read hardly any of it, because I find the tactic insulting... but that's just my opinion, and certainly may not be shared by everyone. To each his or her own, but that's what he's talking about there.

Davina

Reaction score
yes, well, considering it was posted april 1.. everyone should have been suspicious from the get go...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I admit to initially finding the piece off-putting, but the content wasn't crass or cruel. The whole Ouija board angle is also frowned upon by some of our religious members as well. While the "interview" isn't a choice I would make it does capture a lot of Jim-isms and it's done with a lot of silliness and heart. Of course the place is called Muppet Freak so this falls under that umbrella. Maybe the pitch should have been handled differently. The content was handled pretty well. :embarrassed:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I didn't realise that it was an April Fool's joke, because in my time zone it's showing up as being written TODAY, April 2nd at 2am.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I can understand this would ruffle a few feathers, but I really laughed hard and out loud at a lot of this, so in spite being unpopular; I'm gonna' say I really loved this. What a great joke!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
A little strange, but I liked it as well. Nice work there.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
The "Jim's messages to others" section made me laugh the most, especially the one directed towards Joey. Way to go, DW! :big_grin:

zns

Reaction score
Cute.... Real cute. Not a bad joke at all. :smile: