You snapped a LONG time ago, Boober!!!!

:embarrassed:

:wink:

:big_grin:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:halo:

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Theres a transcript of the skit with Bart on the Sesame Street Lyrics Archive (dont remember the url by try searching for it on google). Apparantly he looks like Bert but he wears a loud shirt.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Re: AGAIN?

Originally posted by Hays
ERNIE AND BERT ARE BARELY SCHOOL-AGE!
They can talk normal, drive cars, sing, etc. They must pretty d**n smart toddlers

Thijs

Reaction score
Mikealan, now you really fall in my estimation. This is the 100th time this question has been asked. You always pretend to know so much about Sesame Street, sending us nasty mails with POST MY BIO'S!!, and now this!

Bert and Ernie are certainly NOT gay, and in fact they are ageless. Check Unpaved.

Hays

Reaction score
OK, folks to finally put this to rest

Hey, questions are legitimate. Here are some articles I found in a search engine:

This one talks about how these ideas got started, and SS's response: http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/gaymupp.htm

This is another interesting article that mentions how nobody gets upset about the possible union of a pig and a frog, but the suggestion of homosexuality gets everybody uptight. Good point: http://www.umanitoba.ca/manitoban/20010926/arts_6.shtml

And this is the standard: http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~csilvers/muppet-faq.html

And here's another article on ABC news: http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/WolfFiles/wolffiles215.html

I swear somewhere there was an FAQ that listed Ernie's age at 6 or so, and maybe it's come up somewhere else, but I can't find it. I mean, we know Zoe is a preschooler and she drives, too.

The overriding point here is that Sesame Street may hire gay people and gay puppeteers, but they're not out discussing any kind of sexuality, as the show is for preschoolers.

You know, not all men who live together as roommates and are friends are gay...most college dorms require men to live together. And if they are - it's nobody's business but their own. I think culturally right now we have this issue on the brain, and it's just not that important.

What's important is the message of Ernie and Bert: you can be completely different kinds of people and have different values, and still be friends.

Done with the sermon. Didn't mean to make anybody feel small...just wanted to make sure the info was out there.

Oh - and Clean Gulch, thanks for the info on Bart. Wonder if he'll make an appearance this season?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bart was mentioned in the party episode...

Anyway this is one of the most rediculous questions I have had the misfortune to hear a million times. That and the famous:

whut r the nimes of th too ole guys in th blacony??? are the6y joe and steve?

ARRRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:mad: :grouchy: :boo:

They are NOT!!! They don't have a sexuality because they are puppets. Why do people over think this kind of bull crap? Did you ever see Ernie and Bert Kiss? NO!!! There is no way to prove their gay by making random assumptions. They're room mates. I'm sure people have had a same gender Roomate before, and not rushed to bed with them.

Sorry for blowing up, but NEVER POST THIS SORT OF QUESTION AGAIN!!!!!!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
They don't have a sexuality because they are puppets.
Well, I disagree with that. I mean, it's obvious that puppets have sexuality---I mean c'mon, Kermit, Piggy, Floyd, Janice, Gonzo, Camilla, Rizzo, even subtle signs in the fraggles.

But the difference wif Ernie and Bert is they're SS characters, which are too young for sexuality.

:smile:

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Who cares if theyre gay or not? Apparently alot of people. The idea of them being roommates is fine, but if someone suggests theyre gay, its like "What gay?! Uh uh. Never heard of the word!" Even if they are gay, they are great muppets and that wouldnt stop me from liking them. Maybe they are, maybe they arent. And you know theyre gonna be people saying theyre bi if they find evidence of them liking girls. Please put this kind of bu**crap to rest. A characters s*xual preference should not make you think differently about him or her. I myslef am not gay, but if you are, you are who you are. So if Bert and Ernie ever turn out to actually be gay, so what? No one here hated Richard Hunt cause he was gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.