1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Are good puppeteers also good at drawing?

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by TheCreatureWork, May 31, 2007.

1. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

If you go to my Myspace website you will see a lot of my drawings and cartoon creations.

My website is www.myspace.com/jesseoliver1

"ENJOY!" :)

2. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

i see the talent... i'm not a fan of that style of art tho (Ren and Stimpy style... but i did love that show growing up). However I liked the 2 pics of the dog, Ralphie.

3. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Thank you

Yes it's true, Aside from being a true Muppet Fan I am also a fan of Ren & Stimpy and classic MGM cartoons by Tex Avery and stuff like that.

I love being a Puppeteer and a Cartoonist!

4. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

I am the left-hander and I've loved to draw (cartoon-style usually) all my life and I've had no lessons or anything. I'm not a professional puppeteer or anything but I've been doing it fer about 2 years and I'm okay. I have also played the guitar for years now and I'm perty good at it, too! :D

5. Pork

Pork Active Member

Well I reckon my drawing skills and puppet skills rate about the same, they are broth alright but not great haha, I like both just as hobbies, but maybe if I practiced more.

6. I tend to draw a lot. My stuff here. Haven't made a puppet in ages though, but I think puppet makers go about it from two angles. Cartoonist-like designing and then making it real, or an artisan way of designing it from a practical materials kinda way.
    My $0.02.

7. Pork

Pork Active Member

Your drawing are so good. I love Chewbacca and Oola. They are awesome!

8. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i also fall under the cartoonist puppeteer category

9. Phantom

Phantom New Member

I draw well, but wish I was better. I build well and wish I built better. There's a connection for you.

Hmmm... never satisfied....

10. TheCreatureWork

TheCreatureWork Active Member

Are ya'll left handed or right? LOL

11. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Those are great, man! I did your style!

That's so awesome! Well done!

Lefty right 'ere *raises hand* lol!

12. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

this is an interesting thread, i wonder if you could also ask are all puppeteers good at acting or even singging. I cant Draw if my life depened on it but i can act and sing so i think it really depends on the person. I have always wanted to try and build a puppet but i'm scared and i second guess myself to much when it comes to the muppets and puppets.

13. aaronmojo

aaronmojo Member

I'm a freelance illustrator and a puppet-builder, but the "technical" aspects of building puppets always trip me up. I am a fairly good performer, though, and getting better at it. I'd better be since we're starting a business soon! Kids can be ruthless!

14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

kids can be ruthless to an extent. what kind of bussness are you doing. I always wanted to start a puppet show for birthdays school things and such, then expand it have a studio with clowns and all kinds of kids entertainment.

15. RockerRob

RockerRob New Member

I think the real question here is, "Are puppet builders good at drawing?". Puppeteers and Puppet builders, or puppet builders/puppeteers are different creatures. Some people's creativity comes out in just the manipulation of the puppet (these people may also be natural actors), and the builder is wildly creative and uses puppets as an outlet, but then they have to try their puppet out and become puppeteers by default.

16. Pork

Pork Active Member

This is very interesting. I think I agree with you RockerRob.

17. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

Me! I have to make a thread about my doodles sometime,But my #@!$%^%&*^^%$%^%?! camera won't work right.I need a phone!

18. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

i will throw my hat in the ring as well... i am a cartoonist as well....

cc

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  19. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

I think you said that somewere else on this same thread.

20. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

oops....my bad... lol

cc

SkeetScootSquat likes this.