Are these the new Fraggle puppets for the movie?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'm just frightened that the film could be a ruin to the franchise, just as The Muppets' Wizard of Oz was a letdown for many Muppet fans, not to mention that the generations of today have not been exposed to the Fraggle world yet. I also don't want to feel ashamed for being a Fraggle fan if this movie does disappoint.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I understand your concern and I sympathize with you--I'm having the same feelings--but I really have faith that this movie will be true to the Fraggles and what they've stood for for 25 years. I think the people behind the project have a good understanding of who the Fraggles are and what the show was to tons of fans. Sure, kids today don't know the Fraggles, and that will be an obstacle that will have to be crossed, but I really doubt that crossing that obstacle will be enough to ruin the film. Have a little faith here, gang. :smirk:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I really think you guys are blowing this out of proportion. Doc was one of the main characters on the show, and I highly doubt the Henson kids (or anyone, for that matter) behind the film will have forgotten that. I don't think there's any reason to worry about Doc not being in the film in some way, shape, or form. Even if it's just a brief part when the Fraggles leave for Outer Space and then subsequently return--I'm sure he'll be there.
Don't worry, we are just thinking out lound...
I am just preparing myself for the worst if it does happen so it doesn't hurt my inner five year old as much...But I'm not rooting for the worst, or even the perfect..Just a movie that I would not mind watching again once a month on a rainy day years later when it is on DVD :smile:. I don't think that is too much to ask for :excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Will do, Ryan. :smirk: Just gotta keep hoping that they'll "bring back the wonder we knew long ago" that made generations enjoy life. And agreed, 100 percent, Becky. We don't want to have the Fraggle message be lost to "silly creature" greedy-ness or whatever. :excited:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Will do, Ryan. :smirk: Just gotta keep hoping that they'll "bring back the wonder we knew long ago" that made generations enjoy life. And agreed, 100 percent, Becky. We don't want to have the Fraggle message be lost to "silly creature" greedy-ness or whatever. :excited:
Yup, yup, because money from a movie gets spent very fast, but the message of a movie lasts for years and years after it is made, and it is important that that message is something worth remembering :smile:.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Um ... what about other Doc's? Would they film it like the show, where everybody (more or less) gets their own Doc's? I mean, I want "our" Doc to at least make a cameo, but it's not like the Fraggles can't possibly live without him.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Um ... what about other Doc's? Would they film it like the show, where everybody (more or less) gets their own Doc's? I mean, I want "our" Doc to at least make a cameo, but it's not like the Fraggles can't possibly live without him.
No, because our Doc was the main Doc IMHO, or else he would not have been the one in Muppet Family Christmas :wink:. It would be silly to redo something as big as a movie to suit every nation it was shown in at first...
He has to be there I think, because the whole point of the movie seems to be in outter space so far (which is a little bit worrying), there really is not way around it unless they put in another character to replace Doc, and he was as much a part of the show as the Fraggles IMHO, because his troubles always played off their troubles in every single episode...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Plus, the Fraggles rely on him as much as they do the Gorgs and Doozers, for his pipe system keeps the pond running, the pond keep Fraggle Rock clean (as Red can attest to), and the pond is used as well water by the Gorgs to water the radishes.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The Gorgs have been around for quite awhile. What did they do pre-modern plumbing? The US hadn't even been a nation as long as the Gorgs have been there. Next....