Ask Ken at Palisades

Joggy

Reaction score
Piano Stool

Sorry for nagging on and on about that piano stool (I'm just a very picky musician LOL!) But here is a small suggestion (which I stole from Playmobil toys LOL)

Is Rowlf able to bend his legs forwards and backwards? If so, why not make a diagonal stool?

If you want him to sit at the piano, you can bend his legs forward (so that he 'makes a bow'), and let him lean against the stool, with his feet to the piano, to make him sit.

Actually this is how real pianists sit too. Oh my gosh. Am I really such a freaky diehard?!!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Ken, Just noticed you are from Baltimore. My guy's family all live there. Cool.

If you ever make it out stop in and see us. We love it when people come in to say hey.

So are we gonna see a pic of beaker's new head before he hits shelves?

I just don't know where. I can show it no prob, but can't post here.

A way to fit Sweetums on a card? Hmm maybe the top half and the bottom half packaged side by side and then it clicks together out of package?

Ewwww. How about some intestine's hanging out too? What is this, The Muppets Take Raccoon City?

As for your fiance not being happy being Miss Piggy. Tell her they are not representative of the two of you. It is just a party favor "of them" at "their would be wedding". It is silly she should be unhappy. You aren't putting them on the cake right? Heck even if you were it isn't like yo both look like them at all. It is just a way to show off your job, and that you are proud of it.

I didnt mean to make it seem like she was unhappy, she just commented on it. She has this hang-up about her weight, body, that sort of thing. But she is cool with it overall, the figure, not her figure...and she let me pick the song too so I got to have two things I wanted. The rest is ALL HER and I stay out of sight.

BTW, leftover sets.... I am not that lucky. Or it would take some skill I do not posses to win of that I am sure- Thanks for the thought though. These woulda been cool. And I so woulda paid for shipping. (sigh) See you never shoulda told us. Just kidding we will live. And soon we will all drop this. Right guys??? I did have to laugh that yet again you got an ".. and congrats" at the end.

Only one possibility. I haven't ruled anything out yet. Where do you live?

As for the person who voted upright piano on Ralph.... Ken stated on other board that the pianos would have to be smaller than scale. And that not only would an upright be too costly, it would not look right reduced in size, and that since the grand would... that is what they are going with.

Too true. Grand it is. And it will STILL be a huge package. Although some of us wouldn't mind that.
:big_grin:

Ken

Raech

Reaction score
I just don't know where. I can show it no prob, but can't post here.

I can either a have you email it to me or B give you my ftp info via two emails One with info one with password. (my email is in my profile if you want me to email you the FTP info then email me. We could see the drums this way too.

Only one possibility. I haven't ruled anything out yet. Where do you live? Jacksonville, FL we moved away to here 3 yrs ago.

Too true. Grand it is. And it will STILL be a huge package. Although some of us wouldn't mind that. Yes, I like big packages. :wink:

matleo

Reaction score
ken

what strikes me as funny with people asking you about the wedding figures is A) we WILL all have accesss to a Kermit in Tux (maybe a bit different but stil kermit in a tux) and B) You yourself have said that if the ine continues one thin you'd like to do is a movie line in which case a bridal piggy wouldn't be out of the question down the line, if things go well. And considering the reponse you've already gotten to the figures, convincing Henson to do a line in this vein wouldn't be tough. They've already approved (and sold) a set like that for Igel. Anyway, congrats again and good luck with your future! Have you kids set a date?

--Matt

PS--I know this sounds crazy, but when I got married last year, this was the best advice I got, so now I pass it on to all friends I know who are taki the plunge....Continue dating!!! Even after your married, take her out to dinner, the movies, even just getting dessert at the TGIFridays. It gets yo out of the house and stops you from falling in a rut. You talk more about stuff (mostly stupid stuff) but you're still talking and your focus is on EACH OTHER with little other distractions. Also, beware the first few days of marriage. Yo uspend all your time and energy and focus on the wedding and then after it happens...it's over and you try to remember what you're relationship was about before that. It's weird but if you keep you cool an a dialog open, it makes things go a bit smooother. Good luck! --Matt

Raech

Reaction score
Ok not to be a downer but that is assuming the line makes it that long. I think it will, but you never know.

I personally am buying Daredevil Gonzo just in case the line doesn't make it to the next Gonzo. That being said. I think the line will go at least 2 or more years. But there is always a possibility it will not.

BTW, you marriage advise is good. Yes, people still go out, but to make them real dates and often is important. To make things new is hard, but very important. Change breeds excitement & growth.

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
Congrats, Ken! (See? I'm starting with that. :big_grin: )

Great work on the upcoming figures. Nice paint jobs. Can't wait to get my hands on these!

And like everyone else, I have a question about your special wedding figures. I'm the best man for my friend's wedding in November, and was hoping there would be some way of obtaining a set as a gift for them. I've read your posts, saying that tehre may or may not be any left, and Henson's feelings about distributing them, but I figured (no pun intended :wink: ) that it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Keep up the fine work!

Chris

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Rowlf

Question, Ken:

If the regular Rowlf comes with the brown baby grand, will tuxedo Rowlf come with a black baby grand?

Great to hear Thog isn't a definite no. As far as the scale, I can't tell exactly how tall Thog is- he's at least a foot taller than Sweetums, that I can tell. The actual Thog puppet no longer exists but they may have kept some documentation or sketches or measurements. Sweetums is about 6 1/2 feet tall and Thog is at least 7 1/2, probably more like 8, possibly 9. So if you were to cheat the scale a little, say make Sweetums 9 or 10 inches tall, you could get away with making Thog 11-12 inches tall. He'd still be pretty big, but not as huge as a 15-16 inch tall one (if Sweetums was 12"). Just a thought. I know Frogboy said he doesn't care about the scale, and in truth I think that the figure just being made is more important than scale, but even so I would like the scale between Sweetums and Thog to be close if possible.

Later.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Raech

Reaction score
That would probably be the case. But since there is no Exclusive Tux Rowlf anymore it would be down the road. Sorry just trying to help out with reposting stuff that was posted previously. I forget where but it was.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
David-

I meant that I didn't care much for the scale - as long as the characters get made. Ken voiced concerns about he large size of Thog. Would you rather have a slightly smaller Thog or none at all. That was my view on it. Plus having these characters be a foot tall as was originally commented, could make them difficult to display along side the other characters - not to menion - would they even fit in the theater?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it true that there will be (ZEUS willing) Pigs in Space characters? If so Link Hogtrob is the one figure that, if I could only get one of the WHOOOOOLE series, I'd get! Man, He's one of my fav characters that you don't see as much anymore.