Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken-

Very cool that you are haven't totally nixed Thog. As for the ratio of these characters in relation to the Muppet gang, I wouldn't mind if he was "cheated out" a little bit in order to make him easier to make. It may also make it easier for collectors to display the figures. It would be weird to have a Sweetums that couldn't at least fit inside the Muppet theater, but I'll take him either way. Y'all know best with these things, I'm just a fan! LOL!

Have the Tux Rowlf & Fozzie totally been scrapped or will he appear later in the series as a regular? And as a comment - though I would love these characters, I , for one, would prefer Nigel, Lewis Kazagger, Lips or other such fan faves rather than a tuxed series one release. Lips has been rallying some support on the threads these days too. Woohoo!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Ken: Rowlf figure

I seem to remember a discussion at Delphi not too long ago in which folks were talking about what way they wanted to see Rowlf represented: upright vs. baby grand piano.

I didn't get a chance to enter my 2¢ at the time, so here it is now:

I think the standard Rowlf should come with a brown upright. This is the "apple pie" Rowlf; the "backstage buddy" Rowlf; the "family dog" Rowlf. I think this perception of Rowlf pits him best with a somewhat more plain piano, that being a brown upright; which of course we saw him with many times.

Then there's the Rowlf in a tuxedo exclusive. This is classy Rowlf; performer Rowlf; Beethoveen-playing concert hall Rowlf. To me, it would more suitably fit for him to be matched with a black baby grand piano.

The simple comparison? Black baby grand piano Rowlf would tuck a cloth napkin in his shirt to prevent food from staining his apparel. Brown upright piano Rowlf would let the spaghetti sauce fall on his belly and shrug it off.

Does anyone else agree with me?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Scott

I believe Palisades decided this a couple months ago and planned to go with a brown baby grand. It is easier to package than the upright and Rowlf actually did play the brown grand more often on The Muppet Show. I was surprised too, but I watched several eps to see if it's true, and sure enough it is. He played the upright in the credits and a few times on the show, but he mostly played the brown grand.

As for the tux exclusive - that has reportedly been nixed or pushed back into 2003 in the regular character catorgory I believe. Not my first choice for placement, but Ken was concerned that people would feel jipped if they couldn't locate one of these choice exclusives.

Hope this helps. If you've already gathered the info, please disregard this message

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Hey Ken.
Just read about the Wedding Kermit and Piggy. Are these for real or was it a joke. If they're real, are they official from Palisades or something you're throwing together yourself? Are they new sculpts or repaints? And finally, is there any way to offer these to members of Muppet Central? Just wondering, and congratulations.
-Artie

Joggy

Reaction score
Ken: re: Rowlf at piano

Rowlf's not coming with a stool? Hmm... piano players almost always sit. Then again, we never actually see Rowlf's legs, unless in a few occasions.

I just hope that he'll look realistic standing behind his piano (a la Little Richard). I know he will - Palisades has never disappointed me so far!

Great photos by the way! I so love these guys! Especially Floyd. I can't wait to see him playin' the guitar!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I just read this a few minutes ago...

Hey Ken.
Just read about the Wedding Kermit and Piggy. Are these for real or was it a joke. If they're real, are they official from Palisades or something you're throwing together yourself? Are they new sculpts or repaints? And finally, is there any way to offer these to members of Muppet Central? Just wondering, and congratulations.
-Artie

See what I mean!?!?
:smile:

The answers though are that it is not an "official" product of Palisades. It is not a joke, it is happening. I am having it actually produced here in China and shipped over. Repaints or Kermit in Tux and Piggy with Long Hair and a fabric bridal veil and maybe a sculpted bouquet. And as for offering them to Muppet fans, I really am not sure if I can or will be able to do that. It is a special consideration Henson has made as a gift to me. I can't take advantage of that by giving them out here. It would go against the spirit of the offer. If there are any left over after the reception I might ask Henson about holding a contest or something for the remainder but that is probably the best I could do.

Ken

Oh and Rowlf is not coming with a stool. When you see him you will know why.

FER SURE

Reaction score
Ken-

Ken congrats on the wedding. Here is to you and your fiance. Just one question. How does your wife feel being represented as such in the wedding gift?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Not good. She is like every other woman (generalization commencing...)

She thinks she's fat when she has a killer bod. I'll never understand chicks when it comes to that. I've never dated a single one that didn't think she was fat.

Ken

Raech

Reaction score
Ken, Just noticed you are from Baltimore. My guy's family all live there. Cool.

So are we gonna see a pic of beaker's new head before he hits shelves?

A way to fit Sweetums on a card? Hmm maybe the top half and the bottom half packaged side by side and then it clicks together out of package? :smile:

As for your fiance not being happy being Miss Piggy. Tell her they are not representative of the two of you. It is just a party favor "of them" at "their would be wedding". It is silly she should be unhappy. You aren't putting them on the cake right? Heck even if you were it isn't like yo both look like them at all. It is just a way to show off your job, and that you are proud of it. :wink:

BTW, leftover sets.... I am not that lucky. Or it would take some skill I do not posses to win of that I am sure- Thanks for the thought though. These woulda been cool. And I so woulda paid for shipping. (sigh) See you never shoulda told us. Just kidding we will live. And soon we will all drop this. Right guys??? I did have to laugh that yet again you got an ".. and congrats" at the end.

As for the person who voted upright piano on Ralph.... Ken stated on other board that the pianos would have to be smaller than scale. And that not only would an upright be too costly, it would not look right reduced in size, and that since the grand would... that is what they are going with.