Ask Ken at Palisades

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
I agree that if someone is going to complain about Harry, they're going to do it anytime of the year, not just in September. So there's no sense in jeopardizing the line by playing around with the shipping schedule and delaying things. And the flip side of potential negative media surrounding a Harry figure that folks were reading too much into would be that the line itself would get attention from folks who might not otherwise know the Muppet Show figs existed.

Man, accusations like those you've listed above would drive me batty. I think you're doing a great job, and I'm glad you put up with us here Ken. :wink:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Man, accusations like those you've listed above would drive me batty. I think you're doing a great job, and I'm glad you put up with us here Ken.

I agree with your statement about timing. Regarding the above...it isn't "putting up with" people here or anywhere else and I appreciate the support, but people please don't take what I said the wrong way...you ALL have a right to complain, voice your opinion or what have you. I respect that. No need to defend me or dis people who don't always say "nice" things about me or Palisades. That's everybody's right and they should voice what they feel...I would.

No, I was just illustrating that from time to time a thing is stated or believed that may have an explanation or defense but it is indefensible to someone who already has a negative viewpoint about me or the company. That's all. Happens. No big deal. And thus if someone feels strongly enough about Harry it ain't gonna mean a thing to try to convince them oherwise.

Ken

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Man...this just posted twice while I was mid-typing...friggin internet.

Besides, I gain a lot from people on the boards. Believe it or not I am no part of a corporate monster out to beef you. In fact, I communicate with many off the boards and one person in particular actually came to the office a week or so ago. So it isn't "putting up with"...it's "gaining a lot from". Many people here deserve their name on the package just as much as a sculptor or painter...because you have all provided feedback and ideas and all that.

Ken

SPECIAL ED

Reaction score
i just wish other toy companies would be like you who actually listen and participate with the people who buy their products coughhasbrocough Anyways how about that indiana jones kermit?how about later on that bus for all the mupphets had lol.if you guys decide on a fan club ill join thanks for listening

towels

Reaction score
Harry September

If it was my line to schedule I'd push it out 2-3 weeks.
Yes, there are people who look for things to be offended by every single day. Most of the time they get ignored. Sometimes, the media buys into their story. A furor over an action figure themed on explosions is just the type of fresh angle I can see making a good news story, right or wrong. Especially with all the focus sure to be leading newscasts that time of year.
I wish I had $5 for every media outlet that is going to have some sort of retrospective, or "what have we learned" or some such hype on the anniversary. Timing this release two weeks later could make a difference.
Look at how much the story has faded so far. When's the last time you heard a war update on the news? I expect WTC be in the forefront for a couple of weeks right around the 11th, and then to fade to the background again.
Of course, if the figures ship in September we probably won't see them on shelves until October anyway :wink:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
An Indy Kermit would ROCK, and I mean the Jones kind not the racing kind...not sure what would be cooler...that or a Dirth Nader. Ok I figured it out...Dirth Nader.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
That's just it...the figures are supposed to be on shelf in September. If we ship in September they won't be out until October but the Series 3 is supposed to be out on shelf in late November. That is only a month between the two series...a few weeks for people to have to basically spend 140 bucks (or more depending on where you live) on product, not counting any exclusives.

Rufus

Reaction score
Ken,

Okay, that description of the Kitchen playset really blew me away... is the kitchen "on budget" or is there a good chance a lot of what you described will be simplified or cut altogether because of costs? I'm thinking of the Simpsons Arcade playset here, where the actual playset showed up a whole arcade machine short then what was shown on the prototypes.

Is the Kitchen really gonna show up as you described it (which just sounds incredible - when you started talking about sliding trays in the fridge, I kinda thought you were being sarcastic at that point...) or is there still some tinkering to be
done with it?

- R -

Aerosmith

Reaction score
How about like hide the explosives behind Harry like McFarlane did with the body parts that came with Leather Face?