Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
In truth all I had on my list was the Door that I had jotted down from that old contest...when we had to sub for it Henson suggested a skateboard. I don't want to beef you so if you say it's so I believe you...but I just wanted you to know I wasn't intentionally stealing your idea.

Smig is still the winner though technically. He won the contest and he still gets the hook-up. Just because we had to drop it doesn't take away from his great idea there.

Ken

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
The African Mask muppets would be great figures! They are gorgeous puppets and might sell well arouind Kwanza.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Luke - Hmm. What ever happened to talk of penguins? I guess the such subtext is gone these days. LOL! Also - can't believe the UK removed the word "ninja" from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I guess the Brits are weird about violence how we Yanks are weird about sex in media.
Hmmmm the Penguins are on vacation right now taking a Mexican cruise, but i have no objections to them modelling the new Muppet bikinis either .... i draw the line at g-strings though ! ;-)

Yes, you are totally right about the UK and the whole violence thing, they even made the Turtles people re-edit the theme song which actually didn't sound bad in the end. Thats not saying that our vicious tabloid people can't pick on sexual stuff either but there does seem to be some toy scare every year involving violence. It is silly because we all grew up with cowboys and indians, action men and a Transformer that turned into a gun yet WE are ok, but it's the kids of todays generation who are taking guns into school and shooting each other !

I agree with you on the whole productions problems situation and of course everything Ken said in his reply to me was cool, i guess some teething problems were to be expected and Ken explained how he was monitoring the situation and taking steps to limit this in the future so thats all good. I certainly think the right judgments have been made on the design of the figures though yep, maybe Ken didn't quite bargain for nostalgic Muppet enthusiasts who like to pull action figures apart so diagrams would only help the cause !

I am actually yet to see these for myself - i went to a place today where i expected them to be but the resident 'Comic Book Guy' said they aren't in yet. I did see some of the newer Simpsons stuff and i wasn't massively impressed.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Special Ed==Where'bouts in Tennessee doth thou liveth?

Radionate--Suncoast and Sam Goody at Hickory Ridge Mall, man...GO GO GO!!! Also, how cool would it have been to push a cookie jar or something on the fridge and the singing veggies move and sing, and the fridge light come on when you open the door, and a working stove and oven! and ... and ... and... it won't ever happen cause that would cost WAY too much.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Special Ed,

You aren't so far off from Memphis, then! Tis where I am.

I got my figures today! WOOHOO! Now, i have to debate opening them or displaying them for a while.

Oh, the pain and torture of decision making.

FOZ

Smig

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this had been suggested before, but how about this idea for a SCOOTER repaint?

Scooter is wearing a T-shirt that says "MY UNCLE OWNS THE THEATER!" (he always DID flaunt his connections when necessary..

Yeah, I know... silly..:rolleyes:

Smig

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke-

You are in for a treat when you finally get your hands on these. I thought I'd be unimpressed after all the hype from fans (me included) on this thread, but it really only fed the obsession with me. I wish they'd all just come out already. LOL!

I really find it funny what the UK will put on television (provocative images etc) but are so concerned about violence and vice-versa for the US. There are still some things they can't discuss on television here during certain hours! Geez.

matleo

Reaction score
hey Ken,
I know, Rowlf comes witha piano. Any plans for him to come with sheet music too?
--Matt