Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Foreignman Ken, I'm a wee bit confused about the schedule...

That makes two of us. There are TONS of versions of the schedule floating around. Even ours on the site needs to be updated but as many of you know our system has been WHACKED and we have only just started to be able to get the stuff working halfway normally.

The Palisades website has the Muppet Playset as a June release while EB has slated the release to July 14th

That schedule is wrong. Ours that is. Well, not exactly. A short time ago it came to our attention that since we were putting ship date it was causing problems...iin the toy business ship date means when it leaves Asia. Unfortunately, depending on the retailer, it can then be 4-6 weeks later before a product ends up "on shelf". We are in the process of revising our schedules to reflect SHELF date not SHIP date. That schedule you looked at must be SHIP date. EB's projected shelf date is correct...at least as much as you can be in this business. Dates shift constantly...nature of shipping goods.

Also, you and other members on the board have made me believe that Series 2 will be released in September or October, while EB has the release date at August 3rd... Am I missing something?

In this case EB's date is not correct. It may have been true at one time. But when Series One was delayed a snowball effect occurs. They may have info on their systems that is not updated. The Series 2 SHELF date will most likely be October. As early as yesterday I believed that to be September. Welcome to the nightmare.

Do y'all realize that over 12% of the posts on this board belong to the Ask Ken topic!?! We like to keep Ken busy...

A thought has occured to me. A lot of that 12% is repeated info. Would it be possible to put together a FAQ for new visitors so I can give my carpal tunnel a break?

muppetlabs Question for you Ken. Is the fully invisible Beaker that you're going to giveaway at the industry party the same as the Vanishing Cream Beaker, except without the partial painting on his lower half?

Yes. The IV Beaker is unpainted clear plastic. The VC Beaker is half-painted clear plastic.

It may prove difficult to strip the paint without altering the transparent plastic underneath, as many paint strippers will make clear plastic turn cloudy

I can't even begin to tell you what strippers do to me...oh you mean CHEMICALS....OH.....

Ken

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Ken

I'm confused about series 2. If we order a case, what will we get? Does each case contain a regular Floyd and a repainted Floyd? Will the repaint have a different SKU so we can pre-order it from EB without buying a case?

I guess that FAQ is looking pretty good to me....

I don't think we need the newsroom playset any time soon. Maybe on Series 25 or something like that. I'm not anti-newsroom, but I think Ken is right, if people are gunna pass on the Electric Mayhem playset (and I do not understand that) more people will likely pass on the newsroom. Besides, isn't the newsman coming with his desk? My daughter has some plastic farm animals that could be dropped on him.

I would rather see Vet's Hospital, an orchestra pit, the alley outside the theater (from the Danny kaye ep), Miss Piggy's dressing room, not to mention playsets from the movies.

Speaking of (guess I will mention them) I think penguins should come with a Muppet Christmas Carol skating pond playset. We'd get penguins. an oil lamp (light the lamp, not the rat), and a Kermit figure with Robin on his shoulders done up as Bob Cratchet and Tiny Tim. Maybe throw in a few extra ice skates we could strap on the other figs....

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Ken

1; Would it be possible (or even a good idea) to package a two penguin figures as a two pack indsted of one as a pack-in figure?

B; You never answered my question about Pepe. Would there be any problems with making such a small figure with four articulated shoulders?

Third; You're clearing having fun making these as well as the Resident Evil line, what other franchises would you really enjoy working with?

Last; What's in your wallet?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I'm confused about series 2. If we order a case, what will we get? Does each case contain a regular Floyd and a repainted Floyd? Will the repaint have a different SKU so we can pre-order it from EB without buying a case?

Series 2 Case Breakdown:
3 Fozzie
3 Gonzo
3 Harry
2 Floyd Regular
1 Floyd Variant Paint

The variant is a chase figure, with no different SKU. Yes it makes it more difficult to get. It also prevents people from being able to pre-order a bulk amount and scalp them on e-bay.

Besides, isn't the newsman coming with his desk?

Yes...it will be a smaller "faux" version though...not a huge honkin' desk.

1; Would it be possible (or even a good idea) to package a two penguin figures as a two pack indsted of one as a pack-in figure?

Is it possible? Yes. Is it a strong enough SKU to carry its own weight? I don't know. I would think not, but who knows?

B; You never answered my question about Pepe. Would there be any problems with making such a small figure with four articulated shoulders?

Ball joints could be done there. Star Wars has some really good small joints. We also did some REALLY small ball joints on Space Channel 5.

Third; You're clearing having fun making these as well as the Resident Evil line, what other franchises would you really enjoy working with?

DO you mean what would I want to work on that is currently being made or what would I want to do of stuff that is currently NOT being made? I am gonna assume NOT currently being made here. Street Fighter (the line needs to be continued), Magic, Devil May Cry, Silent Hill, Dark Crystal, Disney Classic Movies, Battle Chasers, Steampunk, Howard Stern Show, Looney Tunes, Indiana Jones...most of which probably wouldn't sell well, but they would make very interesting figures.

Last; What's in your wallet?

Capitol One Visa, of course.

Ken

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly

You know, a penguin pack-in would be very cool...but who would you give him to? What fig would make sense? Or should the penguins be one of those types of things you make for a club, like a "bag 'o muppets" type of thing?
This is a tricky one, it's a more important character than to just include in a "bag 'o muppets" but not really enough to be a figure in it's own right, yet theres very few Muppets it could come with.

Lew Zealand throws boomarang fish so a Penguin might associate nicely with that. Thats about the only character that there'd be some even remote connection with but i'll even get wierd looks for suggesting that.

gorry

Reaction score
howard stern?!?!whenever i'm bad my dad makes me watch that as a torture devise!who cares if some guy can fart 500 times in a row?lol.

anyway i like the floyd idea.and 1 more thing.1 more comment about the way i make an honest buck and you'll be in deep crap lilly!i swear,i'll sue!lol.

gorry

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Gorry for an 11 year old kid you make me laugh..you got a great sense of humor. Maybe I can work out a trade with you for some stuff so you don't have to start workin' construction or something.

Ken

right there i didn't understand why you said i make you laugh.
*camera cuts to gorry in and old building with old relics and tv screens*

gorry: i can benchpress my brothers with my feet,why wouldn't i work.*gorry holds up a picture off a table of him*it ain't as bad as a kid i know that starts workin at 4 AM and stops at 8PM.believe it or not.(i always wanted to say that)

*camera fades as "GORRY'S BELEIVE IT OR NOT" appears on the screen*

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Oh I get it now...I said you make me laugh cause you are a funny guy. You're job is not funny to me...YOU are. It was a compliment. For an 11 year old kid you have a really great sense of humor...wasn't dissing the job.

gorry

Reaction score
oooooooooooooooo.well,thanks the uhhhh "work" just runs in the family.all my uncles and relatives are huge and well built so for strong guys you meed strong work.don't ask.
and my mom gives me 00.50$ a day for not being depressed,it may seem easy to anybody but not when your bi-polar.(get depressed easy)yes, i just said i'm bi-polar.