Ask Ken at Palisades

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke
I am aware of the fact you are presenting, JANICE (THE MUPPET) has worn a dress.

I was trying to have a conversation about TOYS. I thought that's what this board was about.

So I CANNOT IMAGINE (A TOY) of Janice in an evening gown. I can imagine a toy of Janice in a tux.
Okay, okay, sorry...I didn't mean to get ya miffed or anything... And yeah, it was about toys, but then it got about characters, and it wasn't clear from the earlier posts you were talkin' exclusively about a toy.

I made a comment that I thought it would be cool if they made this toy... please stop trying to convince me I am wrong. She DID wear a tux, and I think it would be a cool toy.

Sheeesh
Again, I'm sorry...I never posted with the intention to "convince you you were wrong", I just thought maybe you hadn't realized or forgot somethin'...about the character.

Sorry about the misunderstanding here, hope it's not a big deal...

beaker

Reaction score
to ken about future beaker variants:

Hey Ken, you once mentioned how youd like to do a shrinking(or shrink ray?) Beaker where hed come with a shrink ray and a smaller pvc of Beaker. Is anything like that in the works, or other Muppet labs add-ons/variants?

Now this may have been touched upon before...but who thinks a Muppet accessories/misc. pagae would be a good idea? A lot of companies with lines do it, like jakks pacific(they have a ton of accessory/misc) pakages. This would be great for the characters who wouldnt get a packin(assorted penguins, chickens, etc) and stuff like accessories, or muppet labs stuff. Heck, that vanishing cream accessory could even be in there, and a ton of other stuff. And for $7-9 bucks I think we'd all have to have it!

Joggy

Reaction score

I was trying to have a conversation about TOYS. I thought that's what this board was about.

I made a comment that I thought it would be cool if they made this toy... please stop trying to convince me I am wrong. She DID wear a tux, and I think it would be a cool toy.

Sheeesh
Lighten up a little! It's not like we are the final group that decides what will be produced - and besides, it's just TOYS we're talking about here. So don't take it too seriously maaan! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Really ? I thought we were here for some puppet thing.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey Ken,
It seems that once again I've been overlloked in my postings here. Anyways, I believe it's on page 114, but to refresh your memory, I asked an industry-related question about how you and the others at Palisades actually get money based on the sales of your figures, such as the Muppets, seeing how there is first the toy store and its employees. Just something I've wondered about, and now that you're the go-to guy for such in things like that, I thought I'd bring it up.

Oh, also, now that I've been reminded, I know there's been a lot of talk about boxes or big combined packages of chickens, penguins, rats, and whatever, but I thought to make it easier, maybe I could suggest something else. Anyways, knowing that you're a Star Wars collector, I figure I could appeal to you with the connection of somethingh like the Jawa and Ewok two-packs they put out. Wouldn't a two-pack featuring seperately sculpted penguins or chickens be just the same??? Just thought it might work better with that selling point. Tell us what you think.

Finally, did my question about Sweetums' material choices ever get answered? Oh, one more thing, I remember seeing the early drawings for S & W in ToyFare and liking them, but now you say they look more like their modern selves. Were those designs scrapped, or do they still somewhat resemble them? I hope it's the latter, because they looked good to me. Well, take care, and keep up the great work.

-Squigiman

uncleduke

Reaction score
Luke Joggy and most of all Janice & Mokey's Man

Sorry if I was coming off like I was about to havew a stroke. I have just been under alot of personal pressure of late, and was hoping the board would relax me. Apparently it aint workin :wink:

I assumed we were all talking about toys since this the the collectables>>>> Merchandise >>>> ask Ken thread.
You know what they say about assuming, and I think I proved that point PERFECTLY -- LOL

I was not upset, I just could not think of another way to communicate the point I was trying to make. I knew what I meant, and I knew what you meant, I just could not think of a batter way to explain it in a way that you would get my meaning.

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Squigiman

Your question about where the money goes from figure sales is good, and one I've been interested in and waiting for an answer about too. I'd like to know I'm supporting the Henson Company (as well as Palisades) when purchasing these figures.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Hey Squig,

To answer your first question, we sell the product to the store for a wholesale price. They pay us, turn around and sell the figs. We already have our cash when the product hits retail.

Second, I love the idea of a Jawa-eque 2-pack. Could happen if and when the time is right. Sort of happening with Gonzo and Camilla in one pack.

Sweetums will be all plastic, with softer layers of plastic thrown in for good articulations.

And the Stat and Waldo are in progress and ever changing. The sculpts are good versions...not necessarily all modern. Sort of a combo...they look good. Phil Ramirez is sculpting them...and any of you who collect toys heavily know who that is and that he absolutely rocks so, trust me they will be great figs.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Luke Joggy and most of all Janice & Mokey's Man

Sorry if I was coming off like I was about to havew a stroke. I have just been under alot of personal pressure of late, and was hoping the board would relax me. Apparently it aint workin :wink:

I was not upset, I just could not think of another way to communicate the point I was trying to make. I knew what I meant, and I knew what you meant, I just could not think of a batter way to explain it in a way that you would get my meaning.

Hey, it's all good. :smile: I'm just glad everybody's sorry and nobody's yellin', lol.

I understand what you mean about personal pressure---I've been laid off for 2 months with nothin' concrete workin' through yet, lots of bills this month, and no money. Literally, *NO* *MONEY*. So believe me, I understand!