Ask Ken at Palisades

beaker

Reaction score
to Ken: *other* Palisades stuff

Hey Ken!

Perhaps theres not many people on here who know about Palisades *other* products(Yes, they do stuff other than Muppets!) and I just wanted to be the first on here to compliment you guys on non TMS stuff. I went to the comic store yesterday
and finally found the new Serial Experiments Lain and Trigun mini lunchboxes...WOW! THE SE: LAIN one in particular I LOVED!
I have all the anime/video game mini lunchboxes you guys have done. One question: Any more anime related stuff in the works?
I wish you guys had the licence to Akira or Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Sometimes I feel like Im the only big time anime fan(or video gamer) on here, which is to bad as anime has been such an important source of inspiration and imagination in my life since I was little, right laongside the Muppets. A lot of people dont even relaize what a BIG influence anime has had on the modern 'Disney Look'.

So yeah, Palisades rocks, licences to my fave genre hobbies in life!(muppets and anime!)

Now then, big gripe time...Is there really people on here who have not taken there Palisades Muppet figures out of the packages??? That too me, unless ya have an extra one to keep packaged, is just beyond me. People get so fanatic with 'OOOH! It must be MOC 9/10A++...goodness. It reminds me of 'the comic book guy' from The Simpsons.

Buy and extra Dr. Teeth, Bunsen, and Beaker and take em out!
Or...there is ways to have it both ways, to keep the package in tact and be able to display the figures.

Ken and company didnt put all that time and effort to just have em never taken out. Finally, I heard Beaker/playset is out now???
My fave Muppet is finally out now? *YAY*

Oh, and I really hope TMS line gets on the cover of lees, tomart, and toy fare. TMS needs to get major coverage, but like they said in the new Tomart...its the series 2 of a line that really starts selling units. And, for those interested in the Dark Crystal action figures, they have clearer scans of the prototypes. Sadly, only 4 were produced...jen, kira, and 2 pod people. maybe they made more, but oh how cool itd be if some company picked up the licence to remold these and rerelease like they did with tron and nightmare before xmas action figures!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Warrick--
Thanks for the head's up on the whole Fozzie Bear armor thing. I think the OZ characters would be cool, but then Palisades has the whole "Warner Brothers/Wizard of Oz/JHC" approval junk. I don't think it'll gel...tho, if it did, "I" WOULD DIG IT BIG TIME!!

Invisible Fozzie? I think it's a fun idea for the exclusive, and is doable...like has been said, no one has to buy the exclusives except those who want them. I want them. I want them all! I WANT TO OWN ALL THE MUPPETS FIGURES!!! I'm down by Dr. Teeth, tho.

Got my Tux kermits in today. KEWL! LOL!!

Later,
F
O
Z

Jimbo504

Reaction score
Hey Beaker,
I am also a HUGE videogame and anime junkie. At Wizard world Chicago, I went to the Palisades booth and bought a Trigun mini lunchbox, two VC beakers, and an entire set of Resident Evil Series 2 Figs. I completely agree with you.

James

By the way, I took mine out of the package!!!

uncleduke

Reaction score
Re: to Ken: *other* Palisades stuff

Originally posted by beaker
...Sometimes I feel like Im the only big time anime fan(or video gamer) on here, which is to bad as anime has been such an important source of inspiration and imagination in my life since I was little, right laongside the Muppets. A lot of people dont even relaize what a BIG influence anime has had on the modern 'Disney Look'.
I like Anime, well some of it anyway. Did you see the Lain 12" figures that are coming out? I am not too crazy about the exposed joints on the knees and elbows,. but they look cool otherwise.
Also, Palisades did some figures of (I think) SPace Channel 5.
I am not 100% on the title, but we found them at Tower on clearence for 1.99 each.
As for the Disney look on Anime: wait for N2 Toys new line called Kingdom Hearts. Each Anime Hero, comes packed with a Disney Villian (Jack Skellington, Capt. Hook, Malificent) and the Disney Heros (Pluto, Goofy, Donald) come with a game villian

....and I really hope TMS line gets on the cover of lees, tomart, and toy fare. TMS needs to get major coverage, but like they said in the new Tomart...its the series 2 of a line that really starts selling units.
The next issue of TOYFARE has Animal on the cover, your wish has been granted.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Someone mentioned how the possible Muppets From Space (I have been watching it yesterday - "Build a Jacuzzi, ok?") Figures would need more coverage...

I don't know if you're talking about the same thing but are the current Figures being presented in TV Comercials in USA?

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Ups... I totally misunderstood the meaning of TMS (this means The Muppet Show right?)... But I don't withdraw my question: Are there any TV Comercials about this Action FIgures?

Thank you!

BAZ

Reaction score
I just had a though about the invisable Fozzie. On the current version, his hat stays on with a magnet. What are you going to do with the invisable one? Glue the hat on or will we see the magnet inside Fozzie's head?

Just wondering....

beaker

Reaction score
uncle duke:

>>>Did you see the Lain 12" figures that are coming out? I am not too crazy about the exposed joints on the knees and elbows,. but they look cool otherwise.

oh yeah, shes even in her bear outfit. I just got the SE LAIN ost Cd yesterday. *yeah im a big anime junkie, hehe*

note to ken: We want more anime stuff! SE LAIN figures would rock! maybe even Palisades take on akira, ghost in the shell, and neon genesis evangelion!!! o_0

Also, Palisades did some figures of (I think) SPace Channel 5.<<

bought all those too! those were the first figures i ever bought of palisades.

>>>As for the Disney look on Anime: wait for N2 Toys new line called Kingdom Hearts. Each Anime Hero, comes packed with a Disney Villian (Jack Skellington, Capt. Hook, Malificent) and the Disney Heros (Pluto, Goofy, Donald) come with a game villian <<<

looking forward to that! theres even gonna be a nbx crossover! this is one of the strangest but coolest company crossovers sicne who framed! disney meets final fantasy meets nightmare before xmas...to cool!

btw, you do know there's a uncle duke doonesbury action figure right? I even sold on ebay a uncle duke customed as hannibal lector on ebay last year^_^

and yes, glad to see *Finally* the Muppets will be on toyfare's cover!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
beaker
Also, Palisades did some figures of (I think) SPace Channel 5.<<
bought all those too! those were the first figures i ever bought of palisades.

I wish those figs had more exposure...they were some of my most favorite ones to have done. Lots of hidden joints packed into those chickies!

BAZ I just had a though about the invisable Fozzie. On the current version, his hat stays on with a magnet. What are you going to do with the invisable one? Glue the hat on or will we see the magnet inside Fozzie's head?

That's a a **** good question that Henson will answer for me as soon as they see the all clear Fozzie test shot the factory is sending me. May be glued. BUt let me just say this if I have not already. I have been reviewing some painted Series 2 samples today. The good news is the cannon works (whew) and so do the magnets. I SHOOK Fozzie and the hat stayed on...all with a magnet that leaves no unsightly holes. It was SUHWHEET. The bad news? I gotta lose the strings on the guitar and mold them instead. Too risky of a breakage issue. Anyway from now on MAGNETS FOR EVERYBODY!!!!

Also looked at Koozebane Kermit for the first time today. Really good sculpt. Almost complete!

FOZZI3B3AR Warrick--
Thanks for the head's up on the whole Fozzie Bear armor thing. I think the OZ characters would be cool, but then Palisades has the whole "Warner Brothers/Wizard of Oz/JHC" approval junk

Not necessarily...Wizard of Oz is PUBLIC DOMAIN. Only the way the WB versions looked is copyrighted. But the story is now PD.

Now then, big gripe time...Is there really people on here who have not taken there Palisades Muppet figures out of the packages??? That too me, unless ya have an extra one to keep packaged, is just beyond me. People get so fanatic with 'OOOH! It must be MOC 9/10A++...goodness. It reminds me of 'the comic book guy' from The Simpsons.
Buy and extra Dr. Teeth, Bunsen, and Beaker and take em out!
Or...there is ways to have it both ways, to keep the package in tact and be able to display the figures.
Ken and company didnt put all that time and effort to just have em never taken out. Finally, I heard Beaker/playset is out now???
My fave Muppet is finally out now? *YAY*

Obviously I could not agree more. The slogan Play With It! is not to be taken lightly. We push ourselves as much as we can to make the figures fun and different. It's one of the things that think says a great deal about Mike Horn, who allows me, and Greg and Keith and everybody involved in the creative process to try new things, experiment even if we fail, to push the limit and even, yes, to go over budget if it serves the integrity and fun of the figure.

Now I do keep my Star Wars and various other items in the package, because not only is it cool too, but packaging itself is a kind of art to me. BUT, the best thing about any figure to me is how much cooler it can be out of the box than in the box. One thing that is always interesting is to see someone take out a fig of ours and "discover" something hidden. People did that a lot on SC5 when they discovered they actually had little teeny ball joints and ball jointed heads, or when people opened Claire from Res2 to find out the freakin' M93-R had a removable clip and swivel auto handle or that the rifle had bolt action. That kind of stuff really gets my juices going.

In S2, I can't wait to see the reaction of little things discovered, joints not known about, features and that sort of thing. Floyd has 14 joints, and you can really only see 2 with the naked eye. So yeah in the package it might look good, but when you start getting him to jam, realize he can do a complete split with his ball jointed hips it is well worth the fact that the figure is no longer MOC.

Besides...if you buy two we get to make more cool stuff!

Oh, and I really hope TMS line gets on the cover of lees, tomart, and toy fare. TMS needs to get major coverage, but like they said in the new Tomart...its the series 2 of a line that really starts selling units.

Animal is on the cover of ToyFare in August...and that is a REALLY good thing!

GWGumby
For some weird reason when I read your post and you said "Vacation Fozzie," I read "Vatican Fozzie."

Yeah that would be awesome, or Rabbi Disguise Fozzie. Of course, a Rabbi Fozzie is only the "tip" of the possibilities...

Chad Kermit Do we know when series 2 goes into production? I know they got moved back but didn't know more than that.

Production will start in a couple of weeks. 3-4 max...

towels Someone else asked this, but I think it got missed. Will Fozzie be 100% clear, or partially painted?
(Personally I'd think having only his hands painted would be best...maybe his nose too...)

Just the hands will be painted...just like the scenes in the flick...the box will even have the MFS logo on it. Cool huh? Hey I know not everyone is thrilled with the idea of an Invisible Spray Fozzie...it wouldn't have been my first choice either...Animal was. But you knwo what happened there...so something needed to occur cause it costs a TON of green to attend these shows and the exclusive helps it from being too deep of a loss. Animal may make a return at MuppetFest with an I Love NY T-shirt...wasn't that in TMTM or something?

SuperGrover Oh, I don't hate. I just think it's a been there, done that thing that will only take away from Vanishing Beaker. And we don't need that any more than we need a Kermit with a banjo for an accessory.

Who says we can't? If we can get this one to fly, the door may very well open REAL wide for future items...

Whew..hand hurts. OK, no jokes...

FER SURE

Reaction score
Ken-

What if you painted Fozzie's magnet white before you implanted it into his head. That should really cut down on visibility.