Ask Ken at Palisades

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Stulz--KEWL AVATAR!!

All others...
I was a little concerned looking at Rowlf, too. But, then, I put my hand across my screen where the bottom of the TV Screen would be and it looked right to me, as well as it seems only logical (to me at least) that with the angle of his back and belly, he would have to be rounded out that way. But that's only my "onion." :smile:

The piano looked just too groovy to me, too.

FOZ

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I agree that Rowlf looks odd.also is Palisades planning on Making any Penguins from the Orchrestra.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
No official penguin plans as of yet, but Ken has said penguins would be cool. Gotta find a good place to fit them in.

The Rowlf issue was covered a while back. We rarely see a full-body Rowlf. There is rather a lot of the ol' dog to love.

Luke

Reaction score
I agree that Rowlf doesn't look right 'bottom half' - whether or not he was seen full body in the show that definitely isn't how people imagine him and so they are always gonna think the figure just isn't right.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap Quick question for Ken-
Is anything going to be done about Rowlf's bottom heaviness, moving his center of gravity up closer to the waist? Just curious as to whether or not it is an issue being discussed/acted upon.

No nothing will be done. According to all the lower half reference I have, that is Rowlf's intended shape were he to have legs. Henson liked it...and they have the access to all the lower half reference that exists. Luke's right...some people perceive it a certain way and it will always seem off to them...but as far as I know this is correct. Same deal with Honeydew's skin I suppose...according to the real puppet they currently have the PMS is dead on. It just looks different when photographed.

Dr Teeth Hey Ken I have a OT question for you. Why was the Capt. Kirk/Gene Roddenbery two-pack never produced? I thought that it looked AWESOME. I had a pre-order in on it and then found out that it was cancelled. What happened??

That was last year's giant factory mistake. Long story short...we tooled the figures, even had finished ones in packaging that were completed. Problem is, the prototype looked like Kirk...the figure did not. Factory (not the current one) screwed up the tooling. They kept saying it was right and refused to fix it, I and Paramount were telling them to look at the **** prototype. This factory was really S so they kept stalling and delaying because they didn't want to get stuck retooling at their costs and they had already pumped out 35,000 injection molded pieces without authorization from me.

I guess they figured we would eventually give in. We didn't. Well, the piece was so late that we (Paramount and us) eventually mutually agreed to cancel the piece so it would not confilict with Art Asylum's big push for Trek that they wanted to make at Toy Fair. And that's it. Piece cancelled...never made it to retail. I suppose the dozen or so completed and packaged pieces that do exist will eventually be worth some green.

kansasteen14 I agree that Rowlf looks odd.also is Palisades planning on Making any Penguins from the Orchrestra.

Penguins may show up in the future. No immediate plans, but people seem to want them, so you never know...

matleo

Reaction score
I think Rowlf will look better when we see him painted. As someone else said, rightonw he looks like a polar bear. And if he had a personality disorder he'd be a bi-polar bear!!!!! Sorry, favorite joke. But yeah, I'm saving judgment until we see the painted version.

--Matt

Smig

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo
I think Rowlf will look better when we see him painted. As someone else said, rightonw he looks like a polar bear. And if he had a personality disorder he'd be a bi-polar bear!!!!! Sorry, favorite joke. But yeah, I'm saving judgment until we see the painted version.

--Matt
Does that mean before Miss Piggy is painted, she looks like a polar boar?

Smig

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Figures

Hey, Frogboy, I saw the list of projected Muppet Figures you conceived and I got to say it's pretty good. However, I got some suggestions and questions about your list.
Spell Check
a. Series 1 Kemit (wih) should be Kermit (with)
b. Series 3 Lew Zeland should be Lew Zealand
c. Series 4 Link Hogthtob should be Link Hogthrob
d. Series 5 Gonzo in suit (wih) again should be (with)
e. Proposed Series 7 Marvin Suggs and Muppephones should be Marvin Sox & the Muppophones
Questions
1 You state that Series 2 exclusives will include Vacation Fozzie and Animal, and both have been confirmed. Is that still the case since I posted aftimes.com reportage of the cancellation of the Animal exclusive? Will we still get an individual Animal exclusive figure besides the one with the playset?
2 You list a total of three playsets for series 5 and 6. In the light that at least the previous four series have only had one playset each, would two playsets for either series 5 or 6 be feasable?
3 You can free up a space in your Series 5 and 6 listing due to the fact that Sweetums is scheduled to be the figure included with the Series 6 playset, as reported by this very site. Do you think that Robin would be an acceptable mini-figure accessory for him, or should Robin have his own individual figure made?
4 Why did you decide to include characters from The Muppets Tonight in your speculations for future figures in this series?
That's all I can think of for now, but thanks for your input and have a great summer.