Ask Ken at Palisades

beaker

Reaction score
well, we all pretty much could assume what kind of shannigans those folks up at palisades are up too. so clothing is optional, big deal...if it means coming up with the best darn figure line ever so be it! ^_^

grail

Reaction score
i guess that's one way to keep people from "dropping by" to see the offices...

matleo

Reaction score
So Ken, I'm confused. When you say "I make toys during the day, I play with toys at night and I'm not wearing any pants." Does that mean?

A) Your not wearing pants right now.
B) Your not wearing pants when you make toys
C) Your not wearing pants when you play with toys at night
or D) all of the above/ you don't wear pants at all.

Thank you.

--Matt

grail

Reaction score
heh...there's another tasteless joke here...i just can't quite put my finger on it...

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Well, technically my fiancee wears the pants, if you must know the truth...

*CRACK*

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
And just to clarify...and some of you "older" folks will remember...

Back when Letterman was funny, he used to do a bit with a Megaphone where he leaned out the window at NBC, claimed to be the president of the network and always finished off his introduction with "...and I'm not wearing pants!"

That is where the joke originated.

grail

Reaction score
man i hear you about the fiancee thing...i'm so whipped it's not even funny...though the fact that my fiancee and my best friend are almost close enough to be family has made for some "fun" at my expense.

so does this mean that you're saying that you're the president of the company?

(i AM a bit of a troublemaker, aren't i? but i'm at work right now, doing tech support, and can't take out the frustration on THEM)

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
grail
so does this mean that you're saying that you're the president of the company?

No way...not only could I never do what Mike does, but I don't know of many people who could.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
My thoughts are about 11 to 11.5 for Sweetums, and if Thog were to happen the same height. Thog's sideways mass would more than make up for the height differential.

I dunno, I would think there would be at least a slight height difference, even if it's only an inch.

11-11.5"? Man, first you had me going about the 9-9.5" one, thinking how great that would look, then I was stoked on the 10 inch Sweetums, now it's 11-11.5 inches! Man, I don't think I can take any more! Gotta re-visualize everything all over again!

Seriously though, I would make Thog just a little bit taller than Sweetums. By the actual scale I calculated Thog would be approx. 2 inches taller than Sweetums, 1 1/2 inches would be acceptable, one inch would just be enough. Also, I've pictured a 9, 9.5, and 10 inch Sweetums with the other figs; 10" will do, trust me. At first I didn't think so, but then I was only visualizing him being taller than the other figs instead of taller AND more massive.

Have you ever seen the book "Two for the Show"? The offer still stands if you want to borrow it. What it is is illustrations of Sweetums in scale to the other Muppets that might be handy.

Just my two cents once again.

grail

Reaction score
fair enough...i'm not even sure who'd WANT to...he MUST be crazy.

of course, that probably makes work more fun than anything else...

man i envy you guys...i'm gonna go take my calls and sulk now...