Ask Ken at Palisades

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
"Nekkid" Rowlf (wouldn't it be funny if they put that on the card?) will eventually be available. he was bumped further back into the line to give strength for something else. if you want my GUESS as to what it is, it'll be a Rowlf that you can dress as Dr. Bob for a Vet's Hospital set. Ken did mention waaaay back about using vinyl hospital gear to make them change...but like i said it's a guess (and probably not very likely).
I wouldn't be infavor of a "dress up" Rowlf, i would like reg rowlf, and then Rowlf as Dr Bob.

this wouldn't work with the Vet playset unless you bought two rowlf's one for dr bob dress up and then on reg rowlf for his own display.

i would hope they would be two diffrent figs,

don't jip me a rowlf fig here we got three hopefully coming tux,reg and dr bob.:big_grin:

Alex888

Reaction score
Thanks!

I appreciate the responses, thanks a lot.

I am kinda bummed about not getting a smaller Rizzo WITH the regular sized rat.

The bus...too cool, too bad Janice is postponed though.

I could handle a Rowlf with removable Bob clothes, as long as I get a nekkid Rowlf.

Keeping my fingers crossed on the other guys though.

What about a Link Hogthrob in street clothes? Denim, cowboy boots and a wife-beater (tank top)?

Dr. S-pork in a shirt and tie...plus lab coat? ala Bunsen & Beaker?

oh well, adios

alex zealand

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by Alex888
I could handle a Rowlf with removable Bob clothes, as long as I get a nekkid Rowlf.
I dunno if I could handle a rowlf with removable clothes. I really don't think the look of it could possibly match the quality of molded clothing.

And Now... I digress

That's just my opinion. I've always had a hard time truly appreciating 12" (or larger) figures because the clothing never usually seems to fit right. But that's a different thing I guess. I think the best quality 12" figures I've seen are the McFarlane lines. And they, for the most part, are just plastic sculptures. Not very playable or undressable (you sick people...), but very nice to put into a display

But I'm looking forward to seeing that MEGA Beaker! I haven't seen anything yet that has turned out bad from Palisades!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Janice was only bumped 3 months from April to July. It's not that tragic, but I am anxious to see her too.

2 Rizzos of different scale in the same series? Nah...You can get one that's more to scale in the PVC mini set planned later on. Creating a new standard of different sized characters in the same series is odd and having a slightly larger Rizzo works better because that's where Palisades articulation really shines. I suppose they could have done minimal articulation, but I'm pleased about a more intricate Rizzo. I'd say wait before you judge - these people know what they're doing. It isn't their first figure line.

I suspect they will do the same with Pepe when he comes out later on and I am very happy about that. So - you will get a small Rizzo - just not an action figure one.

Cool ideas on Link and Strangepork. I'd really like to see a Macho Man Link and a Biker Piggy! Maybe a Director Strangepork like in the Liza Minelli episode. Fun and different.

The only way some of these rare items will be made is if the other waves do well. Crossed fingers.

SuperGrover

Reaction score
I'm with Zack. Regular Rowlf and Dr. Bob should definitely be two separate figures.

Cantus

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm not new to the board, I'm new to the NEW one however, I used to be Scummbo on the old board. Anyway, I just got the Exclusive Tux Kermit and love it! Awesome job Palisades. Anyway, just something I thought I'd mention, I noticed that Rizzo and Pepe really arent that much smaller than Kermit. If they were to be made into figures they could easily have articulation and still be in scale. I'm guessing they'd come up to about Kermit's neck or chest. Doesn't matter, I'm sure something cool will be worked out. Just a couple of questions though:

1. Will Sam Eagle come out as he was originally intended to? Just naked?
2. I had a really cool idea for the stage playset. If it becomes too big and expensive, just make the stage initially, but allow for sidestage and backstage, even orchestra pit add-on playsets. This would even allow for plenty of new exclusives and such.
3. Will you or are you planning on making figures from the upcoming Kermit's Swamp Years, the new Muppet christmas special or the Muppet Family Christmas?
4. How long till Johnny Fiama and Bobo?!!?
5. Finally, the question that rests on everyone's mind, will there be any Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock or Muppet Babies characters, made?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd field some of these again as Ken has answered these, though I certainly don't expect you to wade through 3,018 posts.

Sam will be released sans-clothes in a future wave. Ken says he has special plans for this classic Sam. Wonder what those could be?!!

It's too soon to tell about the orchestra pit, but there will be a Backstage set and a huge Deluxe Theater Playset with Sweetums and Robin made to approximate scale. Both playsets will lock together.

Ken has been watching Muppets Tonight and is very keen on the characters. I'm sure we can count on Johnny, Bobo and the gang in waves to come. There are 14 waves tentatively slated, but more could come if the brand is still popular past 2005. I have faith it'll last at least that long.

I'm sure we could see characters from the Chistmas special and Kermit's Swamp Years if it's popular enough. Not sure about Muppet Family Chistmas, but I suspect so. There are only three characters to make in that. The Turkey, Fozzie's Ma and the Snowman. All seem colorful enough to make. The Turkey and Snowman would make great pack-ins and Ma would make a wonderful exclusive.

I believe Muppet Babies (at least the ones in The Muppets Take Manhattan) are covered in the contract that was recently extended to include movies and Muppets Tonight. There has been interest expressed in Sesame figures and Fraggle Rock too, but I think we'll have to wait and see how the Muppet line goes first.

It's tough for the Fraggles because they have been out of the mainstream loop for years. The Muppets are considered kind of out of the loop and they have had three films and two television shows in the 90s. Retailers could frown on that. I hope not though! I also want detailed Dark Crystal figures too! Ken has expressed interest in all of these properties.

About the scale-
It has been reported that the actual scale is much different then how we think of the caracters because they are commonly cheated-out in frame. We held a survey about Rizzo's height. Ken wanted him just below Kermit's collar and about half the members objected, but this seems to be what Palisades is thinking because they want him to be articulated. I agree with you though. Rizzo and Pepe will look just fine lifted a bit higher.

hope this helped!

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Hey theres Sesame Street characters in MM & MTM and Palisades has the rights to make characters from MM & MTM so tecnahly they have the rights to make those characters. :big_grin: I know wishful thinking. :stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
If you watch the credits for those projects you will discover that they are a seperate property used by permission. They are definitely not covered in the deal. Palisades would have to get additional permission as well. :frown:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Ken wanted him just below Kermit's collar and about half the members objected, but this seems to be what Palisades is thinking because they want him to be articulated. I agree with you though. Rizzo and Pepe will look just fine lifted a bit higher.
This actually puzzles me now looking back at that thread for the whole 'articulation' issue. As i pointed out, 'The Osbournes' mini's have 14 points of articulation at just 3 inches high. That's pretty much what the actual Muppet or Simpsons figures have. I know on a 3 inch scale this probably doesn't look as great, but it just shows what COULD technically be possible on a 'inbetween' size Rizzo if some extensive R&D is put into it. I think Pepe will look fine a little higher than his regular size, but it will probably be hard to get Rizzo's likeness on a much larger scale without him beginning to look like a mutation so midway seems about right.