Ask Ken at Palisades

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
Lots of us Muppet freaks, err, I mean fans would pay $50 for an EM set-- but how many casual fans and generic figure collectors would? I don't think enough to make it profitable. I suspect it would be a tough sell to the retailers in the first place.

It's easy for us to get caught up in what we want and what we'd pay, but all the Muppet products have to appeal to consumers outside the inner Muppet fan circle.

tomahawk

Reaction score
OOPS

what i meant to say was,"theres an outside the inside muppet circle".

GWGumby

Reaction score
Re: OOPS

Originally posted by tomahawk
what i meant to say was,"theres an outside the inside muppet circle".
If that's what you meant to say, then it made more sense when you didn't say anything at all!

CheckChuck

Reaction score
elec mayhem idea

the electric mayhem figures got me into buying any of these in the first place. but i wouldn't pay for a set of the variants together...as cool as repaints are, i'm not that kind of collector. i'm into getting only one of each character, with a *few* exceptions.

even still, except for the very limited and rare dr. teeth repaint, couldn't you just buy the variants separately for under $50? that seems like a high price suggestion.

i do absolutely totally completely more than anything want Lips to be included in a later series, however! i also hope for Gonzo with a horn, Kermit with a banjo, and regular old naked Rowlf.

Luke

Reaction score
I was just looking at the 'daily bit' from yesterday and i definitely prefer the earlier version of the EM Playset - the clear neon looks way too dull without any kind of lighting. I hope they go with the painted one. Other than that the Animal T-shirt variant looks fantastic.

Question for Ken :- Are Palisades intending to get into anything electrical at all in this Muppets line ? I mean lighting would have been ideal for the EM playset, and i think i mentioned that it'd be cool for the EM bus to have some kind of lights (maybe disco style lighted headlights - although that would be using a bit of artistic license). I'm sure with the theater there could be some opportunities too. Is it just you guys stick to PVC and electrics isn't your bag or is the new factory maybe equipped to do some of this kinda thing ?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I was just looking at the 'daily bit' from yesterday and i definitely prefer the earlier version of the EM Playset - the clear neon looks way too dull without any kind of lighting. I hope they go with the painted one. Other than that the Animal T-shirt variant looks fantastic.

Question for Ken :- Are Palisades intending to get into anything electrical at all in this Muppets line ? I mean lighting would have been ideal for the EM playset, and i think i mentioned that it'd be cool for the EM bus to have some kind of lights (maybe disco style lighted headlights - although that would be using a bit of artistic license). I'm sure with the theater there could be some opportunities too. Is it just you guys stick to PVC and electrics isn't your bag or is the new factory maybe equipped to do some of this kinda thing ?
Any time you add optics it just adds cost. Cost I usually don't have left over in the budget after all the details are put in. I agree it would be **** cool, but something would have to be sacrificed and then the product itself becomes somewhat lessened. I have worked with optics before and sound and you'd be suprised what they both can do to a unit cost.

As for which neon...I should know by Monday.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
Lots of us Muppet freaks, err, I mean fans would pay $50 for an EM set-- but how many casual fans and generic figure collectors would? I don't think enough to make it profitable. I suspect it would be a tough sell to the retailers in the first place.

It's easy for us to get caught up in what we want and what we'd pay, but all the Muppet products have to appeal to consumers outside the inner Muppet fan circle.
While this is all speculation.... Let's just say this would happen. If something like that was to be made, who's to say it would have to be sold at all retail stores? It could possibly be an exclusive to a chain - say TRU or Musicland. Or it could be an online exclusive. But then I still think there's a "cool factor" to the general public to be able to see all that packaged together. Like I said before about the KISS set. I'm no KISS fan (besides a song or two here or there) but that boxed set just totally turned me onto that line! But I think the appeal would be to general toy collectors. You get a special edition for a good price. You'd get 4-5 figures plus a stage for $50 (again, speculating).

But now that I think about it, if it were to be made in limited quantities, it probably wouldn't be cost effective to have only a certain number repainted/recreated.

Come to think of it, I think I've put too much time into thinking about this idea and beat it to a orangy pulp....

Aerosmith

Reaction score
I got a question! How long has that Alexia figure been Toy Of The Month? :stick_out_tongue:

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly

VERY nicely done. You nailed it down exactly...episode was called The Naked Time...even though not a single person on the show was "naked"...not even the panty-chasin' James T!

I have all the Original Series Episodes on Tape. I have the Next Generation episodes on Tape too.

"I'm a doctor, not a brick layer!" LOL! Too easy!