Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I suspect that if this proposed 6 figure Electric Mayhem repaint set were ever released that it would be in such limilted numbers that it would go to the audience who would buy it. Heck, I'd buy 2 and I am sure many collectors out there would too. It really is more of a collectors' set that a mass-marketed one. But that means that it would be successful in the right place.

Actually, by the time it is released, there may be an absence of Mayhem members and people who missed out will want to get them. I still think it would be produced in limited numbers. Really a great marketing strategy if you think about it.

dhillman

Reaction score
I just thought the concept was a neat idea and I know I'd buy at LEAST one... Probably one for collection and one to open up and tinker with. Perhaps even devise a way to run lighting for the ELECTRIC stage :wink:

Again, perhaps this is a pipe dream, but it is one that would bring a smile to my face and MANY fans would gladly invest...

So, if nothing else, Ken -- just keep it in mind... After all, you already have most of these in prototype, the design alteration wouldn't need much work. Just perhaps spicing up a few things...

:big_grin:

Then again, I'm a chemist and work with electronics all the time... I can make almost anything work :big_grin:

Laters,

D

dhillman

Reaction score
Or if you wanted to be really creative... Do all of Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem in....... THE CHURCH from the Muppet Movie!!!

:big_grin:

One can dream can't they?

D

tomahawk

Reaction score
or how about all of the electric mayhem in thier tuxes in a box set. then it still kinda flows with the other tux figures.

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I was just looking at the 'daily bit' from yesterday and i definitely prefer the earlier version of the EM Playset - the clear neon looks way too dull without any kind of lighting. I hope they go with the painted one.
I gotta side with Luke on this one. The neon pint is much more eyecatching. much wilder. The clear one looks like someone forgot to plug it in.

--Matt

GLUE

Reaction score
She's been toy of the month since February to be exact, but she's special to me so I keep the banner up. yeah yeah I have to update that I know.

:rolleyes:

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
You know how expensive that would be? Probably so much so that it would not move well at retail. Anything's possible, don't get me wrong, but there would need to be something choice about it to get it to sell, like a Lips figure in a six pack with the whole band repainted.
You would still have a ton of peeps cheesed off though that they had to buy a 50 retail item to get one new figure. I do, when I have to just pay 20 bucks to get a new Batman Animated figure with three godawful repaints.
Oy, don't get me started on the Batman 4-packs. They could have at least given Talia a human jaw, but I digress.

Figure multi-packs always seem to be a tricky thing for a company to do successfully. You can walk into any Suncoast and see a stack sitting of the whole Scooby gang (with two exclusive figures, yet), yet the aforementioned Batman sets eventually sell out rather well. I guess it all depends on the property.

Something like an EM six-pack would have to be very carefully marketed, like maybe through Diamond or EB. Since the original idea behind it was about getting band repaints, that would seem to be a very collector-heavy item and not something a lot of kids would be chasing after at a TRU.

I personally would most likely get it (definitely if it was a SIX-pack), provided they aren't the repaints that we're already getting in the line...but that applies mostly to Floyd and Zoot.

The variations that I would like to see (and I think this was mentioned before) are the guys in their orchestra pit outfits. I think Dr. Teeth was the only one never decked out in maroon, so he would be the only one where creative license would be necessary. But the only problem with an idea like that is where Nigel would fit in. :smile: My close second choice would be their updated "Great Muppet Caper" outfits.

But since we're talking about repaints, I'm up for anything as long as they look cool.

And by the way, I do hope a six-pack isn't the only way Palisades is trying to get a certain character in the line! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd support a really "out of the box" style repaint. If these will be the same sculpts, I think new colors (maybe even shiny or iridescent colors) could be nice. I was also thinking about Janice. Though I have never been crazy about her modern pigtail, maybe it would be cool for an exclusive of her to come out with that instead of her hat. I'm not sure how difficult that would be, but it's really just gluing that onto the existing hair. What are the chances?

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
I have to agree. I like the original opaque stage sign better than the clear one. It indeed looks turned off, which makes it look alot less flashy and not on par with the totally groovy figures that'll be surrounding it.
-Artie