Ask Ken at Palisades

Rufus

Reaction score
Wow! Link's head looks frickin' huge! It looks like it's from a completely different scale than the body.

Of course, having a "big head" would suit his personality... and it might be like the "wide-bottomed" Rowlf that seemed strange at first but after subsequent viewings looked okay.

Maybe it's his legs that look too short... I just looked at him again and blocked his lower half from view and his proportions looked fine, like what I'm use to seeing with the puppet.

I guess seeing these characters with their legs for the first time sometimes makes them look weird...

- R -

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Man, I don't even care for Link Hogthrob but the figure is awesome! I CANNOT WAIT to see Statler and Waldorf and Janice!!!Palisades you have all my faith as a toy company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments on Link. Glad everybody is digging him.

What are the donut-shaped wedges on his shoulders?

Part of his costume...retro shoulder pad thingamajigs.

What are the ropecords holding up his belt and gloves?

Rubber bands holding the torso and pelvis pieces together (they are clamshelled and hollow)

So, I wonder, how's the Swinetrek coming? WIll it be an exact copy of the set, or will you take a few liberties with it.

Close to the set, but I am taking liberties. Had to. But there are some great things about it...you'll have to judge it for yourself when you see it.

How are the others in Series 4 looking?

Suh-wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

He really needs that PIS logo before he comes together. Ken, howare you guy going to do that?? Will it be decal that you guys put on or will it be painted on each figure??

Tampo printed, the way that the Muppet logo was printed on the camera in Series One. Screen printing...SORT OF.

One other thing, Ken, remember the other day when I asked about which photo you'd use on the "Starhog" magazine? If I had a personal choice I'd go with using the puppet

So would I.

Which PMS callout did Henson give you? Is his colorization comparable to Piggy's? On that note, is his blond hair going to be yellow as well?

Haven't received the specs yet, although I hope for a whiter hair. Yellow hair as blonde in toys just don't look right. Luke Skywalker anyone?

The other question is: is Link's skin textured? I couldn't tell from looking at the photo. I know Piggy's skin wasn't but I wasn't sure if that was an 'all pigs' thing or just a Piggy thing.

It is not but it will be in production. So will Piggy's. Gonna do a really light texture on her in the new version.

You just beat McFarlane as my favorite toy company.

Thanks...can't wait to get the Savage Dragon fig though...you know when that is coming out?

Later,
Ken

(Have one more night in China and then outta here...)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken

I'm sure you'll be glad to be back to the world of air conditioning! :smile:

The Big Don

Reaction score
Hey Ken. I posted something about this over at SCS. Anyways, Why arent you guys going off in to different sets. I mean, you have the rights to the 6 movies. So why not just keep the Muppet Show line the same, and instead of inserting Sam Arroel in Series 4, hvae Treausre Island 1 or something.

My other questions:
What are the odds of getting all/some of the Pirate Muppets from Muppet Treasure Island and Gonzo from Muppet Christmas Carol.

Is there a possibility of movie only lines. Because I think that would be better. This line would last alot longer that way and be great.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Big Don
Hey Ken. I posted something about this over at SCS. Anyways, Why arent you guys going off in to different sets. I mean, you have the rights to the 6 movies. So why not just keep the Muppet Show line the same, and instead of inserting Sam Arroel in Series 4, hvae Treausre Island 1 or something.

My other questions:
What are the odds of getting all/some of the Pirate Muppets from Muppet Treasure Island and Gonzo from Muppet Christmas Carol.

Is there a possibility of movie only lines. Because I think that would be better. This line would last alot longer that way and be great.
I answered this there but only briefly. I disagree about doing movie specific lines. It creates a problem with retail buyer perception. You have a successful Muppet line, then come out with a separate line, for arguments sake, called Muppets From Space. The buyer now has two different lines to choose from and has the ability to say "You know, Muppets From Space didn't do so well at the box office, I think I'll pass on that." In an all-inclusive line like Muppets, with different characters from different sources like Star Wars Power of the Force and Saga, you keep the one successful line. with the important BRAND identity, with multiple character sources and the only real measure of success the retailer has is the line that came before it.

I believe this hurt the Celebrity line from Simpson's for that reason AND because some collectors, who are in lots of ways completists, said "Hey it ain't really my Simpson's line so I don't really need those to complete my collection." That was my reaction to it, and I am only getting the celebs because I got them in a trade.

The Star Wars precedent is a good one. If they put out more figures from, say, Episode One in an Episode One branded line, I guarantee you it would not get into retail, because of the problems Episode One branded product had. But they can sneak a Maul or Qui-Gon into Saga, extend their character base and give fans a chance at some figs they might want, and avoid that automatic association with a bunch of clearanced product.

As for the other stuff, yeah there is a chance we would ultimately do all the versions from MTI or any other source material...that depends, entirely, on you, other collectors and the people who frequent this board. If no one buys the line, then probably not. If people keep buying and collecting it, then yeah we would take it as far as we could.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I believe Ken expressed that their intent is to are make the strongest pieces from each project rather than make full lines of each movie etc.

Probably wouldn't be wise to have the Muppet Show and Muppet Movie line competing with each other and it's quite smart for choice figures to be spaced out. From what I have heard, the Simpsons line kind of used up all their big guns rather quickly and you really can't blame Palisades for trying to maintain momentum for their product. It's also a better way for us to get some strong characters while also getting some faves mixed in.

Just my take

The Big Don

Reaction score
Ken. Please produce the Pirates. PLEASE. Ill buy 15 of each if I have to. JUST MAKE THEM.

ANd lots of MCC figures. Lots and Lots.

What are the chances on the Dog Pound with Rowlf from Muppets Take Manhattan.