Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Big Don
Ken. Please produce the Pirates. PLEASE. Ill buy 15 of each if I have to. JUST MAKE THEM.

ANd lots of MCC figures. Lots and Lots.

What are the chances on the Dog Pound with Rowlf from Muppets Take Manhattan.
To me, the fully costumed variations make a lot more sense than, say, a Kermit with a Banjo. That is more of an exclusive fodder. But you'd have to promise to buy 15,000 of each in order for me to make you any guarantees.

Dog pound probably not likely. Was only one or two scenes...hard to justify a full-on playset for it.

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Ken's right!

I have to agree fully with Ken on the idea of having multiple 'brands', splitting it out by film. It causes problems with retailers, and let's them think too much - you don't want them thinking too much.

This is way McToys is putting Wizard of Oz figures in the 'Monsters' lineup. Yea, you can rationalize it all you want, but the real reason is they are smart enough to know that getting another line in is a lot harder than using an existing one.

In Playmates defense, I think what hurt the Celebrity line the most was the choice of some of the characters. They tried using another line name because they had to charge more due to the higher contract costs for the voices, but found it really wasn't worth it.

Michael
MWC
who's just happy he'll be getting his Cooder

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
You just beat McFarlane as my favorite toy company.

Thanks...can't wait to get the Savage Dragon fig though...you know when that is coming out?

Later,
Ken

(Have one more night in China and then outta here...) [/B]
They didnt release any date but I think they are in the new Previews magazine. I really want that Spawn.

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Ken,

It is great to hear that the new Piggy figure will have some texture to her face instead of the Morgan Fairchild smoothness of the first line. It's realy great that you have been able to add some of these details and come to a cool compromise between the old and new versions of the characters. Look forward to seeing the sculpt of First Mate Piggy.

Chad Kermit

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Hey Ken, I agree with you by not splitting up the line but how about something like one of the following:

- Maybe different bases for the different movies/shows? (that's if you keep the bases down the road)

- Or maybe some sort of logo sticker on the blister ("Rizzo: As Seen in Muppets Tonight"). This might add some sort of catchiness on the pegs in the store if there are different colored logos on the blister sticker or something. I know there was the MFS logo on the Invisible Fozzie on the back, but how about putting something in the front that doesn't really affect the general design of the whole package?

Come to think of it, I'd really like the different logo bases. That would help me split up my figures once there's 50 of these out...

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Somewhat cynical

I've been lurking in the wings reading all the mayhem regarding the figures and whatnot, but haven't really felt inspired to post until now.

I'd like to present my point of view as a Muppet fan (non fanatic variety), non-collector. For instance, I got all the Series 1 figures except Piggy because she always annoyed me as a child. :smile: Other than that, I will be buying the entire Electric Mayhem, and a couple major characters from each series.

Don't get me wrong, I love the figures more than any collectable/toy I've ever seen from Henson, but I've only got so much desk space at work!

Anyhow, I guess the limitted success of recent Muppet-related productions have colored me a little cynical. Am I the only one here thinking "Geez, I hope they actually make it to series 5 so I can get Gonzo in his suit rather than with the cape"?

With that in mind, as I've been reading the posts that are asking for Annie Sue and an Uncle Deadly re-paint or whatever I fear for the longevity of the series. I'm already worried that Julius Strangepork (if not Crazy Harry) will be so much of a "peg warmer" that the few local shops who actually cary the muppets figures will opt out for the future. Personally, I'd much rather have a figure of everyone than a million Kermit variations, but there's got to be a balance in there somewhere.

Jeez, what a pessimistic way to mark my first post on MuppetCentral... :rolleyes: I'll try to redeem somewhat it by listing what I think would be REASONABLE for the Movie licenses from a non-fanatic point of view... many ideas snagged from other posts across this board, and my Gonzo bias is evident:

TMM - Posable Kermit w/ Bike, Banjo & Log (& Director's Chair?)
TMM - Gonzo Prince of Plungers w/ Camilla, Plunger, Balloons
TMM - Playset - Studebaker (Cold water changes paint?) w/ Plumber Truck on top

GMC - Gonzo (w/ Camera & Collapsable Hot Air Balloon)
GMC - Piggy on Motorcycle (w/ Baseball Diamond)
GMC - Lips

MTM - Kitchen Rats (riding egg-beater etc.)

MCC - Kermit w/ Robin
(Endless possibilities for MCC, just make everyone Christmasy!)

MTI - Whatever, just make a couple piratey folks.

MT! - Johnny Fiama w/ Sal (No accessories, so you can pack the two together)
MT! - Pepe & Seymore in Elevator outfits (see accessories comment above)
M!! - Clifford (w/ magnetic sunglasses)

MFS - Tin Foil Gonzo (w/ Lawn Mower)

TMS - Mahna Mahna & Two Snowths (I know that's 3 characters, but you could minimize articulation & whatnot - it's the most well known Muppet Sketch in the world, and would sell like crazy, especially if you included a 3" CD of the song.)

Sam (I want him without his MTI outfit)
Sweetums & Robin
Rowlf Au Natural
Gratuitous Penguins Pack

If only we could get a Digit figure from JHH... I'd join the collectors club for that one...

Also, as a non-collector of action figures, I'd have to say that while articulation is cool (I bought that super-posable Spider-man figure), in the case of the Muppets I think too much of it detracts from the natural look of them and they start to look like robots rather than foam and felt.

Well, that's all for now!

- Derek

towels

Reaction score
Actually, the bases are being phased out. Only characters that need the help standing will come with them. Ken has also suggested that they'll likely explore selling the bases separately through the club.

You know, I've seen this "movie line" or movie wave question come up three times (including when I asked). I'm wondering if there's anything in the new FAQ about it, or should be.

Hope you have a safe flight home (and that you can sleep on the plane).

simon42

Reaction score
Hmm...based on what we're hearing about the next Piggy, I just might have to buy an extra and switch heads to the Series 1 body . . .

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re:Re: Re:Re: Re: a quick Link question for Ken

Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Because it is a reproduction of a thirty year old product that has small part and firing missiles that really aren't meant for kids according to today's standards. Therefore it is labeled as an adult collectible.
[/B]
So you should not "Play With IT TM "

Heh hehe! But I feel you're pain! Kids love to put dangerous pointy, small pieces in their mouths for some reason. I can't stand this. Thanks to them, they have to jam screws into battery operated thing so the kids will not die choking on the "candylike batteries" How can they be candy? I've never seen a tootsie Roll with a + - side!

But anyway, I'm taking time out to compliment on the designs of these figures. SO many new action figures by other companies (including Playmates Simpson line) look like they should be filled with gum, or be in a box of cereal or something.

And Animal is looking cool too! He is quite a hard character to get a plastic replica of, seeing as how he has those long hair strands all over his face. I'm so glad he doesn't look so fluffy and fuzzy as all the other Animal type toys!

beaker

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Link, Rizzo, and the Toyfare 2003 sneak Peak Pepe look fantastic! I sure hope everyone checks their inbox, man! My only complaint is that I have to wait to see the painted versions. *sigh*