Ask Ken at Palisades

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah! It stinks that there are no Star Wars type parody figure in the line up. Especially since Mel Brooks made a deal with George Lucas that Mel can't make any Spaceballs toys. Too bad. I'd-a loved to see a YOgurt, Barf or Dark Helmet figure (or Doll). However, Lucas said that he got Leia's hair style from mexican women. Maybe you can find a legal loop hole through that!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Don't know what you are seeing in your inbox, but whatever inspired the hallucination must have cost you a small fortune!<<<

As much as that was said in satiracle wishful thinking(or what Joggy would call 'action figure humour')I really do think nothing could be cooler than a Pepe exclusive for say Muppetfest 2003 or another con around that time or the summer. In the new Toy Fare there is a article on the Summer's con exclusives...a Pepe variant or something would eclipse all of those like nobodie's business.

Anyways, where the heck is this Link prototype folks???

nate: >>>Series one, once sold from the shelves, will be sold out. Stores won't pull them once Series 2 comes out. Although it looks like the only series one leftovers will be Kermit and Piggy<<<

Ive been to all the local malls: Sorry Ken, all the leftovers are all Piggy and Kermit. I knew this would be a likely scenario as 1) The ' more obscure' characters always look cooler and have never had any merch...so these will be bought up more...especially since they were less packed in then Kermit and Piggy.

matleo

Reaction score
Hey Cory,

the link pic is on the Palisades web site in Wednesday's daily bit. Enjoy!

--Matt

matleo

Reaction score
Hey Cory,

the link pic is on the Palisades web site in Wednesday's daily bit. Enjoy!

--Matt

simon42

Reaction score
Ok, based on what you saw overseas, are the series 2 figures still on track for October??

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
I hope Series 2 is going well. As Palisades has shown in the past, they're pretty good at getting their product out on time. I hope series 2 will be on time! CAN...NOT...WAIT...NEED...MORE...MUPPETS

Also, since this is the "Ask Ken" topic, could you answer a couple questions about Janice? I know she comes w/ The Electric Mayhem bus, but will she have any accessories? For example, her guitar and a removable magnetic hat? And since on the FAQ it was stated that the magnet would have a "skull cap" seam and it wouldn't look right on Janice, what if her hair was a separate soft PVC piece and the magnet was placed under it? Also what kind of articulation could she have? If I remember correctly her limbs weren't as thin as Kermit's and had more shape to them. I'm thinkin' Ball-joint neck so she could be posed with her head bobbing around, ball joint shoulders, swivel elbows, swivel wrists, swivel torso, v-crotch hips and swivel thighs. Does this sound feasible? Any answers pertaining to Janice would be very appreciated!!

p.s. Statler and Waldorf sound AWESOME based on the descriptions in the FAQ! Keep it up!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Ok, based on what you saw overseas, are the series 2 figures still on track for October??

I think they will start showing up in late October. Hard to say when...really depends on individual retail distribution.

Also, since this is the "Ask Ken" topic, could you answer a couple questions about Janice? I know she comes w/ The Electric Mayhem bus, but will she have any accessories?

Definitely a hat, probably a guitar. And yeah the hat will be magnetic. The hair is already a separate piece and will cover the magnet chamber.

Also what kind of articulation could she have? If I remember correctly her limbs weren't as thin as Kermit's and had more shape to them. I'm thinkin' Ball-joint neck so she could be posed with her head bobbing around, ball joint shoulders, swivel elbows, swivel wrists, swivel torso, v-crotch hips and swivel thighs. Does this sound feasible?

Right now Janice has Ball neck, ball shoulders, waist, hips and ankles. I really don't know if I can get more into her. Her arms and legs are really thin. I may explore the option of bendy limbs, but can't promise anything. Gotta play around with that to see if it can be done at that size plastic thickness without failing safety testing. But I think it might be doable.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, here are a couple of quick questions for Ken.
"Originally posted by ResidentLilly: Definitely a hat, probably a guitar. And yeah the hat will be magnetic. The hair is already a separate piece and will cover the magnet chamber. If the hair is a separate piece included with the figure to cover her magnetic skullcap, then how will the hair be placed on the figure's head?

Right now Janice has Ball neck, ball shoulders, waist, hips and ankles. I really don't know if I can get more into her. Her arms and legs are really thin.
I may explore the option of bendy limbs, but can't promise anything. Gotta play around with that to see if it can be done at that size plastic thickness
without failing safety testing. But I think it might be doable. Would it be really all that feasable to have Janice's arms and legs be bendie limbs? Barring any executive decision you make, I'd prefer her limbs to have articulation like what you already mentioned. I have a Bendie figure, and it's texture and movement really isn't fully satisfactory; and I'd hate to see mass souring over a figure that everybody's hotly anticipating. Truly, I hope you had a pleasant trip back to the states and may all your chickens be hatched in raven claws.

The Count.

Chadj76

Reaction score
Variants?

If this has been addressed before, sorry. But, what is the "variants" or "chase" figure ratio going to be? 1 per 3 cases less more? ANY info. would be GREAT!