Ask Ken at Palisades

CraigD

Reaction score
As for the air conditioned US, I will say this...great to be back home. No place like it!
Well, it's obvious then that you've never been to Australia. :smile:

Craig

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by CraigD
Well, it's obvious then that you've never been to Australia. :smile:

Craig
That was a none-too-veiled Wizard of Oz reference. I'm pretty sure there are LOTS of placed like the US. I did mean "home" though, which as cool as Australia is, it doesn't have my house there!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but Janice has GOT to come with a guitar!! Else who'll play guitar on the Electirc Mayhem w/ Animal set??

hmm..if the elbows don't bend though, would that mean that Janice's arms would be more or less permanently molded into guitar-carrying stance? I'd still rather have her playing guitar than not, if we can't have both. hmm..maybe you could make her elbows swivel like dr teeth's wrists, to allow a "holding neck of guitar OR hand on hip" pose. I've seen a few star wars figures with that sort of articulation...it's not ideal, but better than nothing...

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
I did mean "home" though, which as cool as Australia is, it doesn't have my house there!
Yeah well Travis and Keith tried and tried while you were away to get a construction company to demolish it and ship it to Oz piece by piece as a practical joke but apparently it was a no go ! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
A couple of questions to the Brave Resident Lilly, who dares answer the questions of us Muppet fans.

A: Since the Rwolf the dog in a tuxedo is no longer a varient, will he still cost as much as a regular figure, or will he be exclusivly priced?

B: Because we are seeing Rizzo and Pepe (from Muppets Tonight) will we see such characters down the line as Clifford, Johnny Fiama, and Sal?

C: Are Dr. Strangepork's glasses going to be strapped on like Dr. Honeydew's or will the be free floating like (for example) the Simpsons' Ned Flanders toy?

Thank you!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
A: Since the Rwolf the dog in a tuxedo is no longer a varient, will he still cost as much as a regular figure, or will he be exclusivly priced?

Regular price.

B: Because we are seeing Rizzo and Pepe (from Muppets Tonight) will we see such characters down the line as Clifford, Johnny Fiama, and Sal?

Would love to do all those guys.

C: Are Dr. Strangepork's glasses going to be strapped on like Dr. Honeydew's or will the be free floating like (for example) the Simpsons' Ned Flanders toy?

Permanently attached. Maybe a little better than Bunsen though...gonna need to avoid any freak breakages.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks again, Resident Lilly!!!

So many cool toys, so little time...(and money!)

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Du color schwern du hair.

The Chef figure has always looked a little off to me, and I finally figured out why. I was watching the Muppet Show DVDs this weekend and noticed that the Chef muppet's hair is lighter than the action figure's.

Ken, is the Chef's final hair color going to be as shown on http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/tms_figures.shtml and your icon?

MM-III

Reaction score
Walker,

I'm not ken but I believe I can answer your question...

All the figures Palisades makes are based on official color specs provided by Henson from the original puppets. I believe this issue was discussed before and that a big reason for the color difference is both how the puppet is lit and also the fact that the hair on the puppet is not solid as it must be on a figure. Hence, light travels through the hair making it appear lighter.

This is similar to the issues brought up by the bunsen figure in that he "appears" yellow but is in fact green in color. It's all in the lighting.

gringo

Reaction score
When I took a picture of Bunsen w/ my digital camera, the flash made him turn to the yellow color we all know.

Mark