Ask Ken at Palisades

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Like, fer sure

Originally posted by ResidentLilly
If I can't do the bendie arms though, be prepared becuase she will be the least articulated figure we've done since Kermit and Fozzie perhaps.
"Look buddy, I don't get bendy for anyone, I don't care if it IS 'artistic'..." :wink:

towels

Reaction score
When I arrived at the HK airport, I had to explain what the MEGA Muppet prototypes were because I had four sculpt prototypes of future ones packed in my bags. Had to pull out my card, explain that I was in the toy business and explain what they were made out of, cause some of the parts I guess were large and suspicious.[/B]
Would this be further security concerns about Beaker? Someone else had problems getting their Muppet labs through airport security.
Perhaps it's because Beaker and Bert have the same general hairstyle...and we all remember the Bert-Bin Laden posters, right?
Hmmmmmm......

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but Janice has GOT to come with a guitar!! Else who'll play guitar on the Electirc Mayhem w/ Animal set??
Not just your opinion, dude. She's gotta have it! Also I heard on the FAQ that she's left-handed...when in TMM she holds it the same way Floyd does. Or maybe Floyd is left handed and I don't know guitar Lingo, which is quite possible :wink:

hmm..if the elbows don't bend though, would that mean that Janice's arms would be more or less permanently molded into guitar-carrying stance? I'd still rather have her playing guitar than not, if we can't have both. hmm..maybe you could make her elbows swivel like dr teeth's wrists, to allow a "holding neck of guitar OR hand on hip" pose. I've seen a few star wars figures with that sort of articulation...it's not ideal, but better than nothing...
I think that's a great idea! Janice is always seen with either her guitar or hands on hips! Surely they could put a swivel in her elbow, her arm has kind of a shape to it unlike Kermit's. Are you listening, Resident Lilly? :wink:

BTW when can we see pics of Statler and Waldorf, my most anticipated figures?!?!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Ok Ken, I have some very important questions to ask (for the sake of the Bill Barretta Borrowers).

My first question is, you arm wrestle Bill Barretta. Who would win?

Next question. This arm wrestling competition turns into a fight. Bill has Godzilla on his side. Who do you want on your side?

Juxton

Reaction score
Janice

I may be wrong here, but as long as Janice has a little sculpted bend to her arms at the elbow, with the ball-joint shoulders and swivel wrists, she should be able to hold a guitar with little trouble even without elbow articulation. I played around with my Kermit, and if he had swivel wrists and a little more angle to his elbows, he could hold a guitar as far as I could see. I was able to position his shoulder joints in the correct position for it.

All I'm saying is she needs to have a guitar accessory, and she needs to be able to hold it! :wink:

Thank you for your time :smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Ok Ken, I have some very important questions to ask (for the sake of the Bill Barretta Borrowers).

Next question. This arm wrestling competition turns into a fight. Bill has Godzilla on his side. Who do you want on your side?
What the **** are you talking about?

Juxton

Reaction score
Oops. Since my above post, I've come to realize that one of the concerns is that Janice's arms will be molded to only look good if she's holding a guitar, so I guess what I typed is known. Oh well.

To me, being a collector of McFarlane Toys, having that type of mold wouldn't bother me. I'm used to figures that only look good in a certain pose :wink:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Ken, is the Chef's final hair color going to be as shown on http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/tms_figures.shtml and your icon?

Yes, with minor changes. We may address the lightening of the hair when Series 3 is ready to got through painting reviews at the factory.

Would this be further security concerns about Beaker? Someone else had problems getting their Muppet labs through airport security.
Perhaps it's because Beaker and Bert have the same general hairstyle...and we all remember the Bert-Bin Laden posters, right?

Sorry...Beaker wasn't in the suitcase.

BTW when can we see pics of Statler and Waldorf, my most anticipated figures?!?!

We'll probably show them and just about everything else for the year around Toy Fair in February.

Bill. He works with a puppet all day. I figure he has the arm strength.

My ex-girlfriend Carrie. She could continually beetch at Godzilla and easily subdue him with her mutant Annoyance Factor.

Oops. Since my above post, I've come to realize that one of the concerns is that Janice's arms will be molded to only look good if she's holding a guitar, so I guess what I typed is known. Oh well.
To me, being a collector of McFarlane Toys, having that type of mold wouldn't bother me. I'm used to figures that only look good in a certain pose

The jury is far from finished as far as what we will do with her arms. Heck, most of these Muppet figures have a ton of joints added after it gets to Asia.