Ask Ken at Palisades

grail

Reaction score
a good idea, but unfortunately HASBRO would never allow it. to be perfectly honest, my guess is that they're the real reason that Palisades can't do Dirth Nader and Piggy as Leia in the first place. Hasbro owns the rights to produce figures based on the Star Wars intellectual property. Because they were used in conjunction with actual Star Wars characters, they (kinda) fit under that umbrella. so technically, Hasbro could make them. but then, they are still Gonzo and Piggy, and as such are also Henson property, which should give Palisades the ability to make them.

and there's the problem as i see it (or guess at it, at least), both companies would have to come to an agreement for them to be able to do it, and Hasbro likes to reserve the right to ignore people.

but to paraphrase, "that's just my opinion, i could very possibly be wrong"

FozzieBear

Reaction score
Please Do Bean Bunny!!!! :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: He is the cutest wittle fing please want too!!!!

FozzieBear

Chadj76

Reaction score
(Sorry Ken, but these are a close second to the Muppet Figs for a lot of us here, and I don't want people to make pointless trips to try and find them)

Doesn't bother me at all...the Peanuts figures are pretty cool. I saw them and while I had some issues with some things they aren't bad figs. [/B]
Ken you are WAY to nice. The Peanuts figures are a HUGE let down. First, the heads are exactly like the Peanuts dog toys my dogs have. They just don't squeak, unless you put a hole in their heads. Secondly, it sure would be a swell idea if they could actually hold their accesories, and I don't mean 1 out of 5! You guys have done an AWESOE job showing what you can do with detail on a muppet/cartoon figure. So the Peanut line has NO exuse. These are really, really bad! All my local Targets have these on the "kids" isle, or whatever you want to call it. Three isle down from the action figures with the Fisher Price stuff, so if you want them check that isle.

At least it's money I can save to spend on your lines!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Okay I may be a little confused about things, so I am hoping that someone or Ken or both... can shed some light on this for me.

I heard that the exclusives figures are being held off after the release of the ones already planned, (Gonzo, ect...)
I heard that instead they are releasing "chase" figures.
What exactly is a "chase" figure?
If they do make "chase" figures who might be one?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Let me see if I can explain...

I heard that the exclusives figures are being held off after the release of the ones already planned, (Gonzo, ect...)

Series 3 has no exclusives. Just the regular figure assortment.

I heard that instead they are releasing "chase" figures.

Not instead of, in addition to.

What exactly is a "chase" figure?

A chase figure is some variation of an existing figure in the assortment of figures that is "short-packed", but not exclusive to one retailer. That means, that every retailer who ordered the figures has them. The overall quantities vary, as some manufacturers have packed chase figures one per 12 cases randomly, one per 3 cases and so on. However, ours are one per case, in every circumstance.

Important to remember that there are regular versions of the chase figure in the case as well. For example, in a case of 12 figs you would have 3 Gonzo, 3 Fozzie, 3 Harry, 2 Floyd Regular Versions, 1 Floyd Repaint.

If they do make "chase" figures who might be one?
Series 2 chase figure is the Floyd repaint. A repainted figure with a different painted clothes, different painted guitar and amp. Series 3 has Zoot as the chase figure and Series 4 has Rizzo as a chase figure.

Mmmmmmm....coffee...

Got what might be some bad news. I may have to lose the Lobster Banditos in the Swedish Kitchen because of overall costs. If that happens I will let everybody know. BUT, you have my promise that we will figure out a way to get them to you somehow in some other fashion.

The Kitchen is a really expensive piece to produce, and the one thing that will cut the costs significantly enough to make a difference is the three Lobster Banditos and their three guns.

Oh well, that's the news...back to coffee...

Mmmmmm....coffee....

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I like the Peanuts figs.anyway Ken I would REALLY LOVE a Bean Bunny figure,that would rock!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Ken,

While I would, of course, be sorry to see the Lobster Banditos dropped from the kitchen, I understand. I mean-- we've seen the kitchen and it has a TON of stuff in it and lots of detail and that's gotta cost. I really appreciate the promise to get the LBs to us one way or another-- if we'll get 'em eventually, it doesn't really matter if they aren't in the kitchen set.

Thanks!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
Ken,

While I would, of course, be sorry to see the Lobster Banditos dropped from the kitchen, I understand. I mean-- we've seen the kitchen and it has a TON of stuff in it and lots of detail and that's gotta cost. I really appreciate the promise to get the LBs to us one way or another-- if we'll get 'em eventually, it doesn't really matter if they aren't in the kitchen set.

Thanks!
Thanks Annika. I have been thinking this morning of how I might re-arrange some stuff and where I would actually put the LB's. One thought is a CC exclusive, another is to make them part of a pack-in pack in an actual blister in one of the upcoming Series...who knows? But I'll figure something out.

Problem is that these things are so big and so complex that they are costing a small fortune. Each Bandito has eight separate parts that are needed for the construction of the entire piece. They aren't just two part molded little throwaways.

On the plus side if I take them out I might be able to give them bandoliers.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
another is to make them part of a pack-in pack in an actual blister in one of the upcoming Series

I like that idea. Tell me though, what else would you think of putting in the pack-in pack?

I like the idea of 'booster packs' as it were because they allow you to increase the scale of the show. Remember, without the chorus and all the characters without names the show would've been pretty small and not as good.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole