Ask Ken at Palisades

beaker

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh Ken, please tell me it's not official that the lobster banidots, or what you even said were 'fan nuggets' have been nixed from the Swedish Chef playset!

As a collector of 3-4" Muppet figures and pvcs those were some of th emost anticipated figures for me in early 2003.

However...if there is a plan to make a Muppet booster pack/assorted small characters thing that has at least one Lobster Bandito Im all for it. As long as it still comes out first quarter 2003.

These packs should inveribly contain a lobster, penguin, chicken, and other assorted characters, hopefully 3-4(or 5) per package.

A poll might not be neccesary, but I can gurantee pretty much everyone on here WOULD LOVE a booster pack of small figures!!!

simon42

Reaction score
We definitely need extra chickens. I want some for the Chef playset and also want to surround Gonzo in Tux with about 4 or 5 of them!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
man, my spelling above is atrocious...you can really tell when I'm posting before my coffee, eh?

oh, and I wanted to ask about pricing and size for the mega figures, which I also mentioned in another post, but hey, I'm bored...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure we will see the Lobsters again. It is a shame, but that Kitchen is stocked already. Since they have payed for the sculpt and tooling - I think we can bet on seeing these guys a little later. Just my take. Seems logical.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I'm sure we will see the Lobsters again. It is a shame, but that Kitchen is stocked already. Since they have payed for the sculpt and tooling - I think we can bet on seeing these guys a little later. Just my take. Seems logical<<<

IMHO the best part of that Swedish Chef playset, now all but scratched. pooey.

We need to all let Ken know we want a character packin/accessory/booster/whatchamacallit package as soon as possible in 2003!

simon42

Reaction score
I personally plan on making no demands on Ken as I think he's doing an excellent job at bringing an incredibly affordable, outstanding product into the hands of collectors.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by simon42
I personally plan on making no demands on Ken as I think he's doing an excellent job at bringing an incredibly affordable, outstanding product into the hands of collectors.
excellent point! one that some of our more...overactive members might want to try and remember. it's been my experience that the best way someone does NOT do something is to tell them they have to.

we know they've got them made, so i would be awfully surprised if they don't show up SOMEWHERE. personally, if Ken can give them the bandeleros (sp?) like he said he might be able to...well, that'd make it well worth the wait. i also love the idea of a "pack-in pack" with random "filler" Muppets. i'd love to get an anything Muppet or three, and probably the only way to do so would be in these packs. they'd obviously have less articulation, and a pack of a few might cost a little more because they still have to be sculpted, etc. but i think it'd be more than worth it.

just my opinion...

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Okay.. okay I get the point. I admitt I was a little "constipated" with Rowlf questions, but I am a very patient man, and I can wait for more of Rowlf. I already have the great figure to look forward to and the awesome sideshow bust of him, nekkid I might add.

So here's a new question for you Ken. What figure (that you are allowed to say) are you most excited to see in the stores. Muppet line or not?

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Okay Ken nix that last question it was a little lame after I re-read it, and I am starting to feel not so confident about my body. Was that an insult from you?... I can't take the hurt from you... or anyone here! LOL
I would have bought you a cup of coffee for your birthday! If that mattered at all.

Tell me this though... is there a maximum amount that a figure can have for points of articulation, before the price is affected?
And I promise no more "if you can say questions"!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
What figure (that you are allowed to say) are you most excited to see in the stores. Muppet line or not?

Believe it or not, the single non-Muppet figures I am looking forward to the most this year is the Treebeard and Sauron from LOTR: The Two Towers. Also really want to get my hands on Marvel Legends Series 2.

Tell me this though... is there a maximum amount that a figure can have for points of articulation, before the price is affected?

Articulation starts to affect the price when you put the first joint in and any joints thereafter affects the price. More mold sets, and more labor costs associated with the figure unit costs.

I'm sure we will see the Lobsters again. It is a shame, but that Kitchen is stocked already. Since they have payed for the sculpt and tooling - I think we can bet on seeing these guys a little later. Just my take. Seems logical.

VERY logical. In fact, I have already figured out how they will be released. It will occur in the summer, as a show/club exclusive. Probably later in the summer at either Chicago or San Diego. Not sure what they will come with, but they'll come with something.

By the way James, I hear you won "Best Portfolio" at your school in your graduation. Congratulations. Looking at the site changes, that does not suprise me a bit. Your work rocks!