Ask Ken at Palisades

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Have you guys seen todays daily bit? The playset compare with Beaker and the Lab showing with Animal and the stage?? It's awesome..that finished animal looks amazing!!! The head's soo much cooler than the initial pictures I saw...can't wait to get this!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Still haven't seen the comparison playset photos, but I thought I should let you know about another recent development. Remember those Series 1 figures that were autographed for the Series 2 desktop contest? Well, it seems that Palisades decided to finally get a piece of eBay's action! Palisades Toys is auctioning one full set of S1 starting at $1.00 each and the Labs playset, which already reached a total of $3.25. Head on over and decide whether you guys want to help out a needy company through these troubled times.

Halloween, it's the scariest time of the year, the Count.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
ken, how did the hair on beaker turn out? is it any different than the smaller version?

If you mean the MEGA, not much different than the smaller version. A little sharper and better detailed, but it is not high pile. Just could not integrate it into the plastic and have it look good. Scale was all wrong, as well as an unholy seamline that looked like ***.

Have you guys seen todays daily bit? The playset compare with Beaker and the Lab showing with Animal and the stage?? It's awesome..that finished animal looks amazing!!! The head's soo much cooler than the initial pictures I saw...can't wait to get this!!!!

I think that Greg (GLUE) is also working on an update to the website that shows off a little more of Animal. Maybe if we ask nicely he will show off some of the articulation he has! Especially in the eyes and jaw.

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Hey Ken, how goes it?

I was pondering today (ponder... what a great word...), what sort of materials do you get as references for the figures? Photos? Puppets? Puppeteers? :wink: :big_grin:

-SPEEGS

simon42

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
[BI think that Greg (GLUE) is also working on an update to the website that shows off a little more of Animal. Maybe if we ask nicely he will show off some of the articulation he has! Especially in the eyes and jaw. [/B]
Yes, please do! That would be awesome. Is the website right that Animal has indeed started to ship? Does that mean the other Series 2 started shipping two weeks ago, as we were earlier told there would be a two week delay for Animal??

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Still haven't seen the comparison playset photos, but I thought I should let you know about another recent development. Remember those Series 1 figures that were autographed for the Series 2 desktop contest? Well, it seems that Palisades decided to finally get a piece of eBay's action! Palisades Toys is auctioning one full set of S1 starting at $1.00 each and the Labs playset, which already reached a total of $3.25. Head on over and decide whether you guys want to help out a needy company through these troubled times.

Halloween, it's the scariest time of the year, the Count.

Gots a link for us? :cool:

-SPEEGS

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I'm attempting articulation for the first time with the skeksis. Simple articulation, it's all swivel, post-and-hole. <<<

Excellent, as that may very well be the first custom figure 100% from scrath to have limited articulation. But...remember the series 3 prototype pics shown on MC? The one where an unpainted Lew Zealand is shown in like 20 pieces? I would love to get more tricks of the trade 'how to' prototype figure tuturials from Palisades or other companies.

oh, and it's not in scale with the 12" Gelflings, the thing would have to be frickin' huge! At least 24" (and that's cheating the scale, a LOT!) I would have been very impressed and amazed if Sideshow had gone through with their plans to make them that size.<<<

I dont have kind words for the Sideshow attempt. What Ive been posting about on sites for 4 years has been Dark Crystal FIGURES
(more to the point, Skeksis action figures) but on the 20th annv of DC no figures exist(cept for those crummy mattel prototypes)
We all would be extremely curious to see your Skeksis figure, even if its in the works! ^_^

Hope that helps, beaker... and anyone else who read through all that!<<<

It sure did! And to think I was stuck with that crappy super sculpey poo! Gosh I cant mak eanything decent with that garbage.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I was pondering today (ponder... what a great word...), what sort of materials do you get as references for the figures? Photos? Puppets? Puppeteers?

Varies depending on the character. Can range from sketches, photos of the puppets and stills from the show or even in some cases Maquettes.

Is the website right that Animal has indeed started to ship? Does that mean the other Series 2 started shipping two weeks ago, as we were earlier told there would be a two week delay for Animal??

Both have started to ship. You can still expect some lag, but I am not sure how long that might be. Lots of uncertainty about lots of things until the port strike is resolved.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Ken

I should have asked this sooner. Is the loss of the lobsters the only change being planed for the kitchen? Nothing alse is going to be cut out, right?

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
SWM ISO SMFF*

Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Both have started to ship. You can still expect some lag, but I am not sure how long that might be. Lots of uncertainty about lots of things until the port strike is resolved.
Any single, female muppet fans want to go out to the beach with me here in LA and walk along the sand and watch the moonlight reflect off the water and guess which of the 30 or so Cargo Ships anchored off the coast the Muppet figs are on?

How romantic.

And then I could look deep into your eyes and smile as you seductively slip on your mask and test your air tanks before we dive into the ocean to swim out to the cargo ships, take them over James Bond style, run them aground and unload the darn cargo ourselves!

Or maybe not.

jf

*Single Muppet Fan Female