Ask Ken at Palisades

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
I agree! Toy fair coming up is gonna be great. Isn't Toyfare Magazine doing an article about series 4 - 6 or something like that in the near future?

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
You will also have the SwineTrek characters out by then and they can interact, especially the SpaceWalk Link exclusive that will come out at the same time as the Koozebane set.
Ken: Since the two playsets (SwineTrek and Koozebane) will work so well together, are they being designed to connect in some way? Will the SwineTrek have a large clear viewscreen on the back wall so we can put the Koozebane set behind it? Or perhaps the SwineTrek could have a doorway that the characters can go through to exit to planet Koozebane? (I have a great mental image of the Koozebane aliens storming the SwineTrek ... Dr. Strangepork pointing the dissolvitron at the intruders, Link's arms thrown up in fear ...)

Maybe the SwineTrek and the Mayhem bus could swap positions? If the SwineTrek came out in 5, then Koozebane in 6, there'd probably be an overlap period where both would be in stores. Maybe that would increase the likelihood of the casual fan / collector buying both? Particularly if the Koozebane box showed a small picture of the Swinetrek set next to it on the back to suggest how well they'd work together.

Anyway, those are just some thoughts. Please forgive my audacity at telling the experts how to do their jobs. :smile:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Not audacity, just impractical to flip them...don't have enough time to flip 4 for 5, and if I flip 5 for 6 Janice fans will come to my house and beat me.

simon42

Reaction score
Oh, let's don't even joke about delaying Janice!

Things could get ugly . . .

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I think it's nice to know that koosebane is pretty muched locked, who know's maybe the new muppet show could have new koosebane skits with kermit or something, koosebane will be out after the show, lets hope the show is still runing when koosebane is released.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I'm interested in all these playsets...first time I've heard of kozebane (however it's spelled) being confirmed...soounds cool though! I'd vote for the backstage playset being next after that...maybe just me, but I'm not big into the MTI ideas...it's a cool movie and all, but more "niche-ee" than some of the others...

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Just thought I'd add some input to the current "conversation" about playsets. Anyways, first and foremost, Ken, I thought after my lengthy post you suggested that the stage would be put off the table for some consideration, and not just made smaller without fitting the others, as an economic decision. What happened, or am I just confused about the context of your recent statement? I really am adamant in my thinking that the whole purpose of making the stage would be to give a context to the other sets, keeping in the very vaudevillian style of the original Muppet Show. Otherwise, what would it be used for, Fozzie's jokes and At the Dance? BAH!!!!! This needs to be the best playset ever, but more importantly, a hub for other, smaller sets! As far as I'm concerned, Palisades can make that happen. Don't let me down.

Also, as far as the recent Koozebane arguments, I wouldn't worry so much about having it not made for being too obscure. I thought that's just the stuff we fans want from this line. A chance to get both the classic mainstays that everyone knows, as well as the more obscure ones. Heck, I wouldn't have thought Harry and Lew would have been so early in the line, even if they're not SO obscure, but I don't think they're SO incredibly well-known, either. I like the way this line is going, and as things go, and Ken's indications, it's just going to keep getting better.

Lastly, it was nice seeing an ad for series two in my new Muppets 25th Anniversary CD. Way to go, Ken! Now, i just can't wait until they arrive in stores already. Otherwise, I might just end up going back to using all my money on the cool Simpsons product that's actually on the shelves! I know you guys aren't to blame, so I ensure you this is light teasing, but I'm just aching to get my hands on the goods. Oh, speaking of which, does Flowd have a mustache-trim, or did that not work out? No matter where I look, I haven't seen a finished-product of him, cleaned up, even on the Palisades site. Thought maybe I'd just have to wait until it hit stores, but maybe it ended up a no-go? I sure hope not. Well, I guess that's about it for now. Take care.

-Squigiman