Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cory

I still believe Suggs is a better idea for an obscure slot and far from boring. You have his intricate and colorful costume, His great accessories and his face is about as ornate as Lew's. It would be great to see all the sculpted Muppephones and his mallets to squash them. The expressions on their fluffy faces. That factor alone makes him stand out to non-fans. It's a fun sight gag that everyone can instantly relate to. To me, Suggs could possibly be a strong character for the rare Muppet slot.

Digit is cool too, but he isn't as beloved or remembered. Just don't see him selling that much. What's the non-fan hook? Yeah, he was a cool puppet with a fun personality, but I don't see anything saying "buy me" from a static sculpt of the guy. I'd buy him.

Just demonstrating the reason that Suggs would make a good choice - and be much more fun to display and for the Palisades team to make. I can just see the fantastic reviews of this figure. You have to think how the figure is going to look standing alone on a shelf. Will digit shout "personality" like all the figures so far? I'm not sure, but Marvin Suggs definitely will.

beaker

Reaction score
Ok, I dont have a screen cap or any photo online to reference(anybody know of one?) of Digit...but I surmise this, no other Muppet could possibly looka s cool ins culpt this this guy. I mean lets see, a falamnco adorned fop that noone remembers...or a Muppet noone remembers...but at least a cybertech hacker Muppet ahead of its time with what would be the coolest looking sculpt ever(wire hair, cables, hoses, etc) I think people might get the full picture if there were some good photos.

But let's just wait to see how these upcoming lines do before we start getting bent over S7. I know those have to be tooled or approved by the Fall, but still.

I for one am very happy Clifford will be S6. I cannot see how any fan could bag on him. Then again Im partial to most of the JHH cast...that show was truly ahead of its time.

finally, if Beaker labs and Piggy didnt sell to well...I doubt unflinchingly boring characters like Wayne, Wanda, Pops, etc would sell at all. This isnt WOS sadly, where you can just make figures of the most obscurest of the obscures....wish it wasnt, but Palsiades has to be somewhat practical.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
I want

Digit
Dr.Ven Neuter
Mulch
Pops
Sweetums
Marvin Suggs
Uncle Deadly
Lips
and Mannah Mannah with the Snowths

I know some of them wouldnt be made, but hey I can dream cant I?

beaker

Reaction score
OMG! I forgot, Phil van Neuter! Now *that* would make a wayyy cooler figure than freaking Suggs or Pops. Mahna Mahna, Neuter, Uncle Deadly, so many interesting yet obscure guys to choose from.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I really hope we get Deadly. He's such a forgotten classic and he snuck in all of the TMS promo pics.

Joggy

Reaction score
I personally think that two must-haves are Sweetums and Robin. If you look at the seven series planned, I think they're clearly lacking in the list of main characters. They're the only ones who made it further than just one series.

Robin is in all the specials and most of the movies, he's even a star in Christmas Carol. He represents the essence of the Muppets - everyone thinks the "mini-Kermit" is cute. And I know almost no good Muppet production that doesn't have at least a cameo of Sweetums.

Other characters like Annie Sue, Marvin Suggs, Hilda, George, Deadly etc. would all be very nice figures, but personally I would rather have ALL the main characters and your additional rarities, instead of SOME main characters and SOME rarities, like what's gonna happen to the PVCs. It's in the way a collection looks... it's more complete that way. In that sense, Robin and Sweetums are the only real main characters left. Maybe Bean Bunny, but he seems to be non-active now. And of course Rowlf and Sam but I'm not worrying about those... :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
yes Sweetums and Robin are musts, i think bean bunny would really work too, and i'll just mention Bobo the bear because he hasn't been mention in the last few posts;-)

so
sweetums
Robin
Bobo
Phil
Clifford
Jonny
Sal
and Bean Bunny are all "musts" to me, clifford is in the works, as Statler and Waldorf,

if we get pops, uncle deadly, digit (if they have the rights to JHH) They are just side charcters and only one of their type should be released in a series over time, there still is plealty of time for all these figures...go count your figures now if you have them all, see how many you have? that's a lot! and we are only at series 2 almost 3, i'm sure that pops uncle deadly, emily bear, marvin suggs, and if they have the rights digit could be made.

we need to bring kermit and piggy back into the main line over time, like MTI kermit, or moter bike piggy, then you can add a digit (if they have the rights) i don't think anyone wants Wayne and Wanda anyways.

Zack)Rowlf the dog.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aerosmith
Digit
Dr.Van Neuter
Mulch
Pops
Sweetums
Marvin Suggs
Uncle Deadly
Lips
and Mannah Mannah with the Snowths
My take on this is if the line goes all the way, by that I mean if it continues through 2004-2005 as planned, you would see most if not all of those characters except maybe Digit...but even that would not be written in stone.

I am curious. Someone (I think James) made a proposed line plan. Let's see some more of that. If YOU had to plan out Series 7-11, what would you put in? You are alloted 4 character slots per series, one exclusive per series of a character variation, and 2 playsets.

What would you do? I have something in mind of what I would plan out, but would like to see some varying perspectives.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hmm, i'll try playing this game...

series 7

MTI kermit
reg rowlf
Jonny with sal two pack
uncle deadly

exclusive afro kermit

Series 8

Bobo the bear
Sweetums
robin
marvin suggs

exclusive frog scout robin

Series 9

MTI gonzo and rizzo two pack
lips
bean bunny
phil

exclusive gonzo and rizzo tux two set

series 10

blown up beaker
bell hop pepe and seymore two set
patrol pig link
reg Sam

exclusive tux sam or minteman sam? i still like that idea or uncle sam?

series 11

Dr bob
nurse piggy
MTI culeless morgan with polly lobster
pops with gaffer

ex "moter bike piggy"

playsets VH with nurse jance and playset BOP with patrol bear fozzie

somehow i'd like to shove in the theather and backstage....and maybe skip a mega figure and have a mega Thog in it's place;-)

Gonzo

Reaction score
Ken,

Your job is hard! Wonderful, but hard! Like this is the only part of it. Sheesh. Here's my take:

Series 7
MTI Kermit w/Helm
Nekkid Rowlf (probably too soon for him)
Marvin Suggs w/Muppephone
Bean Bunny/Foo-Foo Too Cute Two-Pack

Series 8
Biker Piggy w/motorcycle
Lips w/trumpet, tambourine
Sweetums/Robin
1 Penguin, 1 Chicken, 1 Rat of Limited Articulation

Series 9
MTI Gonzo/Rizzo
Nurse Janice
Nurse Piggy
Uncle Deadly w/Organ

Series 10
"Sitting" Kermit w/bicycle, banjo, lily pad
Bear on Patrol Fozzie
Sal
Johnny

Series 11
MTI Piggy w/Flaubert
Pops w/Gaffer
Mahna Mahna w/2 Snowths
Nekkid Sam

For Playsets I'd love to see a Vet's Hospital w/Dr. Bob someday...and if all of these MTI figures were made, a small Hispaniola would make sense, possibly with a Fozzie Bear Paack-In.

I'm no good at exclusives. Don't ask.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn