Ask Ken at Palisades

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
*ggggrrrrooooaaannnnn*:embarrassed:

I want one of those, then he can play "God Rowlf"!!

radionate

Reaction score
Maybe that can be the next Muppet Movie they remake:

"Oh God, You Dog!"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
"Howl-y Be Thy Name!"

WOCKA WOCKA!!

After all, God spelled backwards is doG.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Rowlf would have been so much better in the role than Whoopie...

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Well I just angry that I didn't get that lock of Ken's hair that he promised me.

...oh wait. Ken doesn't have any hair.

Nevermind! :big_grin:

LOL!!!

:big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Artie

I have responded to some things that others have questions about. I have kept up on the threads enough to know that texture is missing on the prototypes and what figures are in scale etc. I have also encouraged some to use words wisely. Nobody wants to hear their work is "terrible" and none of it really is, but some is definitely disappointing to some. It helps to pin point the exact issue so Palisades would respond instead of get miffed. I am not searching for apologies to Palisades. There are things that Ken has expressed again and again that explain why things appear a certain way. In most cases I am pointing these out. I am really trying to be helpful. However, thank you for your candor. I didn't look at it that way and I'll watch it. :wink: :embarrassed:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Re: Toyfair pics

Originally posted by C'irdan
loosen up his legs so they aren't so incredibly stiff- we'd have a clifford.
I think he's going to have articulated knees.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Looks like Clifford will have articulated legs...based on that picture anyhoo.

At Ghostbusters.net message boards (a community not so familial as our own), there was a guy named Red Ketchup who showed up to discuss a new project about the Ghostbusters, something that would be released hopefully this year. Well, he only made a few appearances here and there, but the original request was that he wanted to hear from the fans what we wanted. Well, because of his long-term absences, people grew weary and began to say mean things, calling him a 'liar' and saying he was trying to start trouble. Well, he forgave all that for a while BUT when he issued preview pictures of character studies for the Ghostbusters' new project (either a cartoon or comic book apparently-the guy wanted advice on what WE want as fans, but never told us what we were advising about, so we had no idea how to help) someone stole the picture and made a screensaver out of it, which (for some odd reason) sent this Red Ketchup guy over the edge after all the things folks said about him first, and then that.

http://www.ghostbusters.net/article/68/

I think Palisades has been more than congenial in the promotion of their work. They told us what they were doing, asked our opinions on things, pretty much give US what we want, and we buy their product. They don't get menstrual (sp?) when we use photos to create our own desktops or avatars, either. And regardless what we say, they seem to understand that (underneath it all) we really mean the best.

So, while we should watch what we're saying to the company who, unlike others, graciously gives us what we want, I think they realize that we don't necessarily mean things the way they sound.

That being said, Palisades, can you PLEASE bring Pepe's eyelids down closer to his pupils? Or, has that already been requested and done?

FOZ

(PS, if you want to see their GB.net message boards, it's simple because they use VBulletin also).

Luke

Reaction score
So when's Ken getting back with my snowcone ? :rolleyes:

Anyway yeah, it's great that Palisades allow the fans to have input - sometimes it's not so good though because we can actually do more harm than good on minor occasions. They have to be smart to differentiate between whats good for the line and customer base as a whole, and whats just us wanting hardcore nerdy fan things that might not be what everybody else wants and might not sell or put them over-budget. Case in point - the full size Koozebane playset. That was suggested when Ken & Co weren't all that familar with the Muppet Show, just had a casual fans knowledge of the main characters so when they needed Playset suggestions they had no idea whether it was any more well known than say, Vets Hospital. Nowdays they are a lot smarter in that respect and can sniff out a good obscure idea from a bad one. Still, we've helped more often than not ..... before they got here they made the Muppet Labs and Regular Piggy ! *shudders*

I guess they try to find a way to please everyone and balance things out, which seems to be the right thing to do.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Have you really ever discovered how Muppets truly are hard to copy??

Wowzers, it ain't easy. 'specially when catering to us! :smile: