Ask Ken at Palisades

matleo

Reaction score
Whoah Whoa!! Easy there, Benny-ol-buddy!! No need to beat yourself up over it.......here, let me do it.

--Matt

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I'm a native Spanish speaker, I know what Ben's talking about. Ah yes, the number 1 billion! See, three 0's make up a thousand. So to calculate how many 0's a number whose name ends in "-illion" just take the numeric prefix and multiply it by 3. For example, "bi-" equals 2 and 2 times 3 is 6. Then you just add the three 0's from the thousand and you've got the number of 0's for that number in question (1 billion would have nine 0's). But when you take the specific case of 1 billion and look at it from the Spanish point of view it looks like a 1 followed by three 0's or a thousand followed by an extra six 0's. That's why we call a billion a thousand million or "mil million" in Spanish and 1 trillion equals 1 or "un" "billion." Oh no, I'm sorry it's "un mil millón" and "un billón" to correct my Spanish. Hope this helps.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Who's on first?

Ken, got my Tour Animal and White Tux Rowlf today. Both are great, man!! This Tour Animal is way on yonder cool, though; I'm digging the gold chains and collars.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Kevin did you not have a shipping problem with your tour animal?

Just wondering

zack)Rowlf the, wonder dog.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No, I don't guess I had a shipping problem. I mean, I got it. Why? What's up?

The box was in fine condition and the figure looks good, and the shipping package was okay, and lots of nice styrofoamy peanuts.

I looked at my White Tux Rowlf again, and there are several blemishes and scrapes.

What kind of paint did they say was best for painting, or RE-Painting the figures? I want to touch up the white.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Did you hear about the shipping problem? they wanted us to send the package back because they sent the wrong product, they can't say what the product was, but you got animal? did you get any e-mails about the problem?

oh you won a white Tux Rowlf too? cool! yeah i think they all are kinda srapped and stuff, i guess they are all on top of each other when they were stored , it happens.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nope. No emails. I got Tour Animal!! So, I don't have to do no Return to Sender, obviously.

Wonder what got sent out? Wait, here's another package and...it's ticking. It has ticks. Must be a dog...?

Yeah, unless they're in a blister pack, I doubt it's very easy to keep them in pristine condition.

I'm very pleased with Animal!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
The prototype Swinetrek from Toy Fair showed a regular star viewscreen, like on the show. I thought I heard you say that was no longer going to be a part of the set. Am I wrong? Or is the star background the default viewscreen that you put the others over top of?

You know, we hadn't planned to do that (starfield default/permanent) but now that you say that it's a really good idea. I'll see what we can do on it. Mayeb a permanently painted field or something. Not sure because of budget, but I can look into it.
Sweet! Keep us posted.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Zack The Dog, did you get my messages about Animal Rsponse 3? Just wondering if you got your problems squared away with the Palisades brass. My Animal package got here fine, because Ken used a special currier and no, I didn't have to return it cause I didn't order the Tour Animal. But that didn't stop me from thanking Ken for his help. On the lighter side of things, I got a 2nd Chance claim for a White Tux Rowlf but I'm trying to send it to Dr. Teeth or Lew Zealand as he's better known here at MC. Hope this helps and have a good day.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was just thinking that in the pics, the splotches on the Chef's apron (dirty Chef) don't seem random or accidental enough.

BTW: Still curious about the right kind of paint to use on painting on figures. Anybody got an idea?

Foz