Ask Ken at Palisades

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
There are some frogs in the western portion of the US that are reputed to have hallucinogenic properties if you lick them.

I've heard that too. Hate to be the guy that discovered it though.

BaudGirl

Reaction score
Ken or anyone in the Collector's Club-

I was wondering how much is the shipping and handling on the Collector's Club figures? Say, hypothetically one Tour Animal.

P.S. Have any problems been reported about Animal's appendages breaking off like on the S2 version?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bad Andy
What was wrong with the blue? I guess that I'm the only one who kinda liked it. What do you have in mind for a more appropriate color, Ken?

I've checked out pics of Gonzo's nose, and it looks like it's pink with a purple airbrush over it...or is it the other way around? Well, whatever it is, you appear to have captured it on the prototype's nose (except for the greenish yellow on top. I've never seen Gonzo with that!).

Anyway, I can't wait to see Tux Gonzo on the shelves! It's a perfect blend of the First Season tuxedo with the shoes from the latter seasons (he used to be barefoot) and the modern head (he looks so...energized compared to the old, morose Gonzo). Great work, guys!!!
Gonzo never had the that much green on his nose in the show or movies, but on one of the DVD covers he has that color green. Also, Honzo didn't have a carnation on the show, but in that same DVD cover picture he does. I suspect that they went with that one picture to do the whole figure because it looks exactly like it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there actuall do exist frogs that when licked by humans give off a sort of halucinatory effect. My mom's best friend's brother, Dr. Rafael Muñoz, is Puerto Rico's leading expert in herpetology or the science of frogs. The science of frogs is big business here in Puerto Rico because of our natural treasure, the coqui a tree frog that lives throughout the entire Caribbean nations. The big deal about the Puerto Rican species of coqui is that they're the only ones that actually sing out "Coqui" as a mating or courting call. The frogs in question here are called bufonic frogs, which live in the desert regions of the US, and give off halucinatory effects when licked by humans. In fact, this was the point of the Muppet spoof character named Dermit The Frog from E! Entertainment Television's Talk Soup. The guy looked just like Kermit but without the collar and with eyes like Robin's. Hope this helps and have a good night.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
There are some frogs in the western portion of the US that are reputed to have hallucinogenic properties if you lick them. I have only heard of this of course, and never experienced it for myself.

I'm in the western U.S. and I sat on a ***** toad once when we were playing hide-and-seek. I was in the neighbor's strawberries. Then I ate some strawberries. There were no hallucinogenic effects from either the Strawberry Fields or the ***** Toad sitting. No ***** effects either, I'm pleased to say. And the toad didn't get squished.

The End.

:sleep:

Gonzo

Reaction score
LOL! I guess the proper word for them is "horned" toad...sorry moderators!

Hornificus Toadinaris.

***** Toad.

That's what we always called them.

Then again, Utah Jazz player Jeff Hornacek was always called ***** too. ***** ***** *****!

Thorny. With a silent T.

:eek:

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Hmmm. What would Kermit smell like? I vote against scratch and sniff Muppets.
Having smelled "Moi", I think I know what Piggy probably smells like. :halo: :flirt: I never got a whiff of Kermit's "Amphibia" cologne however. But maybe that's what he smells like?

You're right. Scratch & sniff is just a bad idea. :boo: Imagine Statler & Waldorf! :eek: :embarrassed:

As I posted over on the Palisades board though, an official Palisades Wonder Pig figure is definitely NOT a bad idea at all! After seeing Quinn's, I'm really wanting one now.

And, Quinn... too bad about the lack of hallucinogenic effects. That could have come in darn handy during a good old fashioned game of hide & seek!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yeah i like some of the super Hero idea's, if they could make Wonder Pig, i think it would be a big seller!

I could also see a Statler Money Man figure, too bad cause we would need something for Waldorf unless you dressed him in what he wore at the end of the Elton John ep. or a new idea all together.

How about Kermit dressed in that wig and stuff when he was in the ring with that Granny lady?;-)someone could make a nice costom job on that!

zack,

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Zack,

:eek: !

Thats exactly what i thought!

But then we would need the Female Wrestler, Gonzo with blinfold and the Brick Wrestler...

Then we might aswell have Amy the Brick too !

:wink:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
But then we would need the Female Wrestler, Gonzo with blinfold and the Brick Wrestler...
Hi Warrick, yeah we could just have Wonder Pig wrestle with wig kermit, that granny lady was UGLY! She scares me! i would be afraid the figure would come alive and bite me!:eek: I'm glad Piggy walopped her at the end of that ep!:smile: :big_grin: :zany:

I remember suggesting Bat Frog from a picture of Kermit i saw once, i think Ken like the idea but they would need the license to do it.

it would be neat to have Tux, Vacation, and Super Hero figs of most of the main characters

Zack,