Ask Ken at Palisades

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken,

Thanks for the info !

Rizzo is a rat. He turned up in Season 4, i think. He usually wore just a T Shirt, I think it sometimes had his name on it. If there was a Rizzo variant, He once wore a minature Pigs In Space outfit.

NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL !

See ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken-

The 6 and 7 waves are expressed as tentative but I made the appropriate adjustments to the chart to make certain their is no confusion But since much of the info came from posts I have several questions:

Is the Muppet Show theater considered the playset for series 6 or will it accompany the wave like mentioned some weeks ago?

Are any of the playsets nailed down?

And what about the Backstage playset? Is that deluxe too? Will it come out in a wave and puch out another playset or will it accompany a series? Is there a chance that Thog will come with it and Pops will come seperately with his booth in the regular assortment?

What's happening with Vet's Hospital? Could that have been bumped or can we count on it?

Just askin -.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
frogboy4 The 6 and 7 waves are expressed as tentative but I made the appropriate adjustments to the chart to make certain their is no confusion But since much of the info came from posts I have several questions:

Is the Muppet Show theater considered the playset for series 6 or will it accompany the wave like mentioned some weeks ago?

It will be in addition to the regular Series 6 playset.

Are any of the playsets nailed down?

No they are generally held down by glue and sonic welding.

And what about the Backstage playset? Is that deluxe too?

No..it would be a smaller set like the regular ones.

Will it come out in a wave and puch out another playset or will it accompany a series?

Don't expect a backstage playset will even be on the radar now until '04.

Is there a chance that Thog will come with it and Pops will come seperately with his booth in the regular assortment?

IN this business...ANYTHING is possible.

What's happening with Vet's Hospital? Could that have been bumped or can we count on it?

Now you can't expect me to reveal ALL the secrets now can you? Playsets for Series 6 and 7 will have to remain secret for now, sorry dude. And yeah I got your earlier question...just joshin...both the S6 and S7 playsets are nailed down.

OH MY LORD...you would not believe what I saw for the first time today. Semi-final sculpt of the Swedish Kitchen. Wild...there is so much crap in it I can't even begin to tell you. How in the world this playset will stay on budget I have no idea. Should be wrapped up next week and go into tooling shortly after that. Can't wait to show you. I think it is easily the best playset of the three we are doing this year, certainly as far as play value.

Anyway...I gotta go cook some dinner for my girl...she be hungry.

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Rizzo figure

Hey Ken,
The first thing to know about Rizzo is that he's small. He's roughly half the size of Kermit. So you might want to come up with some cool accessories for him. Some ideas for him might be: A pizza box, a piece of cheese (maybe even Muppet cheese), A mousetrap. He might even be good with some other Muppet Rats, they could be the same size, but solid PVC instead of posable. Whatever size you guys are thinking of doing Robin, Rizzo shouldn't be much bigger.
-Artie

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

What about having Rizzo and Robin in the same pack ?

If not then Chester Rat and Yolonda Rat are the most known and recognizable.

See ya

gorry

Reaction score
if there ever was to be an exclusive rizzo you could make him in the outfit he wore when him and lew,link,fozzie,gonzo and someone else i think sang "another opening of another show".and he'd have a cane and a top hat.how's that for an idea!

matleo

Reaction score
Rizzo also wore a green jacket and a yellow hat (kind of a fisherman's hat) on the show. it was kind of a regular costume for him. I don't think I have a pic of it but if I find one I'll send it to you. He looked good in it. but since your also away form the TMS anniversary, you might be able to get away with the blue jacket he wears now.

--Matt

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Similar to Piggy's more "modern" design, Henson will most likely want Rizzo to be the updated version and not the way he originally looked on The Muppet Show.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken

Ah, good stuff! But I am disappointed about the Backstage Playset. That has to be one of them I was looking forward to the most. It's really the one area that was most visable on the show - and got even more screentime than the theater itself. I'm going to be so old by 04! LOL! Glad it was mentioned in that light though. This really may be the "it" series for a while. A classmate of mine works at Suncoast and she was raving about the figures. Thought you'd like to know. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Who knows?

Maybe sometime down the road, if this line remains successful and continues on, we might actually see a full backstage playset? Huh, Ken? Huh? What's the chances? Will the cat (I just totally forgot Gaffer's name...wait, that's it!) come with the backstage playset?

Or was that asked and I forgot again? Remember, I'm a bear of very little brain.

Bearly there,
FOZ