Ask Ken at Palisades

towels

Reaction score
Variants

He's kind of fallen out of use post-Jim (why he didn't appear with Spamela Anderson is beyond me) but someone that appeared in lots of guises on the show was Link. I'd think there'd be lots of possibilities for him. Imagine a stretchy version from the Peter Sellers episode.

beaker

Reaction score
Questions for Ken

Hey Ken!

I think youre going to be soon swamped with hefty reorder calls soon^_^ Anyways, some might throw rubber chickens at me for the following questions, but I sear I looked and couldnt find if these had been answered. Ok

1. It's so great to hear small scale guys like Rizzo will be made.
I loved the inclusion of Robot Rabbit, and am wondering if Rizzo(or Camilla, or other small characters) will come as 'an accessory' to a bigger character, in a multi pack of small characters(which would rock!), or with a playset? I think a package made up of just small characters would be great...unless Rizzo is going to be made on a scale similair to the 5" figures.

2. Understandably the lineups havent been solidified(what with new ideas on variants and such) And frogboy has listed projected
time tables and figures. But what are the solidified
series 3, 4 and 5 lines and their release schedule?(incl playsets and variants?)

3. For almost 2 decades a Muppet theatre playset has been a dream of all of us. I was wondering if this is still scheduled to come out before 2003, and what characters/accessories it might come with?

Ok, thats all:wink:

:: beaker ::

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It has been reported that the theater playset will be released Summer 2003 along with wave 6, but kind of seperately from it because that series will already have a playest. Ken has confirmed waves 1-5, 6 and 7 are still up in the air. It's all still tentative I guess. Oh, and the backstage set won't be released until 2004. This is all a few posts back in the threads. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
frogboy:

>>>Ken has confirmed waves 1-5<<<

where??? is there a website with this info?

also, anyone know when the beaker playset comes out?

///beaker///

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
1. It's so great to hear small scale guys like Rizzo will be made.
I loved the inclusion of Robot Rabbit, and am wondering if Rizzo(or Camilla, or other small characters) will come as 'an accessory' to a bigger character, in a multi pack of small characters(which would rock!), or with a playset? I think a package made up of just small characters would be great...unless Rizzo is going to be made on a scale similair to the 5" figures.

Rizzo will be the figure in the series. The key is twofold...making him look right a little bigger than true scale and also figuring out the best stuff for him to come with.

2. Understandably the lineups havent been solidified(what with new ideas on variants and such) And frogboy has listed projected time tables and figures. But what are the solidified series 3, 4 and 5 lines and their release schedule?(incl playsets and variants?)

Series 3 is a fourth quarter 2002 release. Frogboy's line-up is dead on for that one. Series 4 is a 1st quarter 2003 release. Link, Julius, Janice and Sam are the ones in the assortment. That is about 95% confirmed. Pigs in Space with Piggy is the playset. Series 5, a 2nd quarter 2003 release, about 75% confirmed, will be Rizzo, Gonzo, Beau and Muppet Newsman with a Planet Koozebane Playset with Kermit. Why the percentages? Cause you never know what will happen. I thought Series 5 was confirmed myself until a week ago.

3. For almost 2 decades a Muppet theatre playset has been a dream of all of us. I was wondering if this is still scheduled to come out before 2003, and what characters/accessories it might come with?

Jamie nailed that too...next year. Summer 2003. The set is supposed to come with Sweetums and Robin. (Insert standard disclaimer here.)

also, anyone know when the beaker playset comes out?

The product is shipping from Hong Kong now. So rather than get into specifics my guess is you won't see it on shelves until sometime in July.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Beaker

I have added the percentages to help the list's accruacy, but all this information is in this very thread. Everything's tentative and I can't stress that enough, but many of your questions should have been answered a couple pages back. To glean this type of info I tend to look for Ken's avatar. Makes it a lot easier. :smile:

http://www.jamesvier.com/muppets/figures/

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Why the percentages? Cause you never know what will happen. I thought Series 5 was confirmed myself until a week ago.
I apologize if you already explained this, but is it okay to ask why the sudden change in Series 5? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. :smile:

Did someone from Henson say "Try to get Rizzo out as soon as possible" or something?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Can't explain that decision just yet, but it just seemed to be a smarter thing to do, to put Statler into series 6. Rizzo was bumped up by default. It was really Statler's move.

Ken

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
It was really Statler's move.

That's understandable. It's actually what I fgured (no pun intended).

--Matt

radionate

Reaction score
Well, I tried to find it in the posts, but to no avail. I'm trying to find out if Target or KMart stores will carry the figures. Having nothing but a Wal-mart in town, I have to make time to get to the big city of Memphis to check for these figures. Went to Toys R Us last night, and they didn't have em. Sigh.