Ask Ken at Palisades

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check out our Palisades Muppet figures update page for a list of more than 60 retailers carrying these figures. You'll also find a list of all the figures and exclusives through series six (that have been announced in some form).

Unfortunately, Kmart and Target aren't currently on the list. :frown:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Rizzo

Hey Ken--

Some posts back you mentioned needing to learn about Rizzo real fast. Some may disagree with this (of course!) but, think Max Klinger (from MASH). First, they have the same nose.

Seriously though, Rizzo and Klinger share a lot of personality traits (though Rizzo definitely does not have Klinger's taste in clothing). They are both good-hearted schemers. They're loyal. They have a very strong self-preservation instinct. Rizzo is more of a wise-cracker than Klinger, but still, I think it's an apt comparison.

As far as accesories, Rizzo must come with food. He could come with the Spice Girls spoof poster from Muppets From Space. Rizzo spends a lot of time in barrels (sometimes filled with icey water). As discussed earlier, an oil-lamp street light would be great.

beaker

Reaction score
the good stuff doth cometh

I cant believe how many figures are slated between now and a year from now! Over 30 different characters and variants, wow.

I had no idea what was in store/half confirmed beyond series 2, so jamie's list and phil's list was great to read. And wow, were in store for some big things!

And the plans for the series next summer(may/july) Are astounding! A Koozebane playset? who would have thought?
I wonder if it will come with any Koozebane aliens(What are there names again, the male and female Koozebane?)

And oh how I have longed for a Swedish Chef with playset!
Palisades is really gonna turn the figure market upside down with all these.

And I realized, if you count pack in characters(like Robot Rabbit, Camilla, and the Sweetums/Robin theatre packin) There could literally be over 40 Muppet characters within a year!(And thats not including tux, and alternate versions)

To be honest, I know the fan opinion chances were against it, but I was really really hoping Pepe would be made for series 6. I mean by series 6 Im sure the Muppet line will be beyond what it was for(the 25th annv) It just relaly really irked me to hear people didnt want a Pepe figure. I have the Palisades figures, and to see them up close is so amazing...the detail...wow! And I could just imagine what a Pepe character would look like.
Hopefully its not to late, as I really believe(and Im sur eyou guys to) that a series 6 Pepe would be responded with with HUGE jubilation!

so ken, if its not to late...WE WANT PEPE IN SERIES SIX!
Otherwise, who knows when a Pepe figure could come out

///beaker///

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
We all want a Pepe too...so, we'll see. Lots can happen between now and the end of next year.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The local EB won't let me reserve anything via credit card so it may be online transactions for me. Anyone else having this trouble? Is this typical? I'm not used to this crazy world of collectibles.

Luke

Reaction score
Ken

Can you go into what would be involved in getting a Pepe figure commisioned ?

As he's not a 'Muppet Show' Muppet, and you've said before you just have the rights to them, would it be a case of bending Henson's ear to make an exception, or is it that you would be prepared to purchase seperate rights to do Pepe and perhaps the entire brands characters (including those from the new Fox TV show) if things went well ?

I'm just curious - i guess if it's the latter it has many possibities with Movie theme figures and things!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Actually want to know the truth? It was the fine folks at Henson that ASKED me to do that original poll cause they were just gonna waive the fact that he was a movie character and let us do him anyway. They just wanted to see what true fan reaction might be. SO I had the green light, but after the poll results came in and basically said "no way jose" we put it on the backburner.

And believe you me...I would like nothing more to expand this license into a bunch of other Muppet stuff...but that's a wait and see that we will just have to wait and see. Got my long green felt fingers crossed though.

Ken

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The pole was pretty split from what I remember. About 60/40, but that is unfortunate that it was nixed so soon. I love that little prawn, okay.