Ask Ken at Palisades

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
Was there ever a Gizmo Duck fig from the Darkwing Duck line? It's too bad they couldn't do a DuckTale's line
Yeah! Playmates really messed with us there as well (I would have liked to see Negaduck, Quackerjack, and Herb Muddlefoot) However, a PVC figurine of Gizmoduck was available as a cereal premium. I bought it at a collector's store for two bucks a while back.
As for Earthworm Jim, the second series included Queen Slug-for-a-butt, Prof. Monkey for a head and Samuri Earthworm Jim! Too Bad! The Queen Mock up looked really good, too!

beaker

Reaction score
muppet figure availability, simpsons collecting

on the availability on the muppet figures:

there must be a massive snafu on the part of individual retailers(not Palisades) as NO place except eb(and they only got a few) in the local malls in my area got the Muppet figures. Very odd, they seem to say they are backordered til July. So maybe this is like one of those good independent films...you know, Hollywood companies release them in small quanitites to get a real buzz out and demand?

on the subject of simpsons figures:

Wow! I didnt realize how many MC people were on that simpsons site! Now I have been waiting years to ask a Simpsons figure collector this burning question about Playmates:

Does anyone remember the 1990 Simpsons action figure line?
Most fans who remember will tell you this line was way better than the one of recent times. I really wished Playmate's new line
would be more like the 1990 one, as Bart and others actually had movable legs and other more descript features. Sure they only came out with a few characters, but IMHO they were definately much better than the new sculpts. Then again I secretly wish Fisher Price had continued their line of TMS figures *sigh*

Finally, are Simpsons collectors bowing in concession speaches to the glory of the Palisades Muppets figures? It's just that I go to toy stores and see so many unwanted Simpsons figures, like their *this close* from ending up in the markdown bin(Trust me, its just a matter of time before the unappreciated Attack of the Clones figures end up in the 99 cent bin) The decision to sell
the usually accessories/special lacking Simpsons figures for $7-9 isnt a good one.

and as for series two figures being announced(like 1990 simpsons series 2, darkwing duck as mentioned, etc) it's a sure bet not only will we series 2, 3, 4 of Muppets...but probbaly beyond that.

///beaker///

Smig

Reaction score
A Gizmoduck figure was planeed for the DARKWING second series (in fact, i had seen Pics of it) but they stopped production. At most, it only exsisted as a prototype.

However, some years ago,(1991) Kellog's did a DUCK TALES Promotion of mini- PVCS inside their boxes of cereal, and one of these was a Gizmoduck figure. it stands about two-three inches. i have one that i found at a Thrift shop.

Smig

radionate

Reaction score
To follow up on some of the above posts:

Yes I remember the 1990 Simpsons line by Mattel, and they were much better, IMHO.

Thanks for correcting the Darkwing names. It's been awhile since I thought about that show. One of my favorites, just been awhile.

There was also a gigantic D.D. figure released from Playmates. I think had they been marketed properly, the D.D. and Tailspin lines could have been the "Simpsons" of its day! Its fun to dream of what could have been.

MaxGoof

Reaction score
Ken--

As luck has it, myself and a friend were planning on attending WizardWorld Chicago even before Beaker was announced... but we're not going until the Saturday/Sunday event days. How is Vanishing Cream Beaker going to be handled? I fear that you'll stick all 1,000 out Friday morning and the scalpers will overflow and they'll be gone before the weekend even starts... Any chance that you'll divide up the Beakers so there's some for each day? :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I know is that the next Simpson Figure I want is Disco Stu. It's just too bad that the second sereis of Darkwing never was released due to sales....BUT WAIT!!! Ban Dai keeps making Power Ranger Action figures and they don't even sell any more! If any of you know the Darkwing and Tailspin characters that didn't make it, please speak up!

Luke

Reaction score
Re: muppet figure availability, simpsons collecting

Originally posted by beaker

Finally, are Simpsons collectors bowing in concession speaches to the glory of the Palisades Muppets figures? It's just that I go to toy stores and see so many unwanted Simpsons figures, like their *this close* from ending up in the markdown bin
Somehow i doubt it. The reason most Simpsons figures aren't selling as well is that Playmates really are scraping the barrel now with regards to background characters - like Sherri and Terri, who on earth would buy those ? Palisades will likely be in exactly the same position as Playmates a year from now, theres not much you can do to avoid it besides continually putting out Kermit and Piggy variants.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
All I know is that the next Simpson Figure I want is Disco Stu. It's just too bad that the second sereis of Darkwing never was released due to sales....BUT WAIT!!! Ban Dai keeps making Power Ranger Action figures and they don't even sell any more! If any of you know the Darkwing and Tailspin characters that didn't make it, please speak up!
Here's what I remember:

Darkwing Duck
Eggman (Steelbeak's henchmen)
NegaDuck
The Liquidator (I thnk that was his name)
Quakerjack
Gizmoduck
And I want to say the last one was supposed to be either Stanley the dinosaur or Elvira or whatever the vampire girl's name was.

They were supposed to have some more windup action figures too, can't remember who all was in that line up.

Tailspin
The whiny pirate (the big dumb gray one was made)
Shere Kahn

I'll have to do a little research on this. Like I've said before, its been years since I've thought about these, and the minds a little rusty. I've got the lists in my apartment somewhere. Maybe someone else has this information more readily available?

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Ah, the Simpsons

Sorry, but it's merely nostalgia if you think the Mattel line of all of seven figures and a couch was better than the WOS. Look no further than the success of the line - over 90 figures already, with dozens of playsets, and probably two more years at least to the license. The sculpting of the figures by Playmates is much better, particularly the adults. Of course, since we only got two adults in the Mattel line, that's kind of tough to tell.

And no, I don't think you'll see any Simpsons collectors bowing in any sort of concession. Muppets figures won't replace the Simpsons - it's not a one or the other kind of thing. Besides, it's not an argument you really want to start, since there's no winner.

Michael
MWC

kane31666

Reaction score
Well Beaker. Nobody on the SCS will admit that the Muppets are/will be better than the WoS line. Because a year from now, pretty much all of the recognizable muppets will be released and interest in the line will rapidly deteriorate. WoS sales have slumped recently, mainly because wave eight pretty much sucked. But honestly, this line still sells like crazy. And I don't it stopping until like wave 15. The muppet line, I don't think has the legs for it. Mainly because, the majority of the characters aren't that recognizable. I mean even the casual simpsons viewer knows who Disco Stu or Dr. Nick is. But most casual muppet viewers have no idea who lips or thog are. i dont even know who they are.