Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Squigiman

You are certainly a noticed and valuable member of Muppet Central as far as I'm concerned. Wish we heard from you more often, but certainly don't hold anything aganst you for having fewer posts. I'll give you some of mine. :smile:

You are right about Scooter. He does appear slightly stiff. Ken reported that this is due to the fact that he is so incredibly articulated that they needed to sculpt him in a symetrical resting position. (Look closely - I think he's got knees)

It has also been established that future Piggys will have more heft. The Swedish Chef is being represented heavier these days. It may come from Henson. It doesn't bother me much, but the figure could probably use a slight diet.

There has been much debate about Regular Rowlf and now even Janice being bumped back (she's reportedly no longer in 4, But this is apparently to improve the sculpts. Tux Rowlf does look spectactuar, and he won't clash with the rest of the cast, but just you wait for a more articulated nekkid Rowlf. It'll all be worth it!

Luke

Reaction score
Y'know I was just thinking, how cool would it be to have both Ken and Mike from Palisades do a Panel at Muppetfest. They can take Q&A on the figures and other products, show stills and things, do a talk with photos or video on the design process for the figures(which maybe Ken can take when he's next in China), and Byron can have the chance to pelt them with rotten fruit for the decision to move Janice back.

Guys, i think we need to make this happen, and there are people reading this that can definitely make this happen so show your support if you agree. The only possible problem of course is that it might look like advertising that the Creation dudes weren't getting paid for - so it needs to be educational and informative.

gringo

Reaction score
Luke:

That's a great idea. I think it would get Muppet fans that don't collect the line to start collecting the line. I bet there are alot of huge fans that do not collect the line. Does anyone know what Muppetfest is gonna be?

Mark

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Palisades having a panel at MF is not a bad idea. They do plan on attending, so they'll already be there with a table of goods. If you really want to make this happen, I suggest posting it in a MuppetFest thread. Given the amount of activity on the forum, it is likely the MF folk aren't reading all of the figure threads. Just a suggestion.

And going back a few pages-- Luke, whihc character on West Wing?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Wow. I am never going to be able to read this whole board and get caught up. That's what happens when you go to a con like SDCC...from 7am until the wee hours you are busy, busy, busy. Not much of a chance to visit the boards, even though I did have my laptop, I turned it on once for a factory e-mail or two and that was all I had time for.

Feel like I was hit by a bus. May seem like a vacation when you think of San Diego, but it is by far the TOUGHEST 5 days on the planet.

Thanks to everyone for showing their support out there. I was hoping to meet more Muppet folks. Met Smig, he's a real nice guy. Met a couple of other guys too...but was hoping to meet more of you. I'll wait for MuppetFest for that.

I know there are a ton of outstanding posts, but truthfully there is no way I can go through them all...so if you had a question or something you really need me to see then you'll have to write it again. I'll do the best I can to get caught up and back in the groove in the next day or two. Been on the move today from 7 too, trying to get back home. Some delays not withstanding, finally made it back around 10:30. Whew...what a trip. But it's good to be back in the cozy comfort of the home base.

Anyway...hope all is good with you guys...

Jimbo504

Reaction score
KEN!!!!!!! YOUR BACK!!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!

check your email when you get a chance.

dr. gorry

Reaction score
i picked up my inviso-foz,by far the best early b-day present ever.that's all i can say.

grail

Reaction score
"gorry,Oracle of duel monsters knowledge.......more than meets the liver........"

that's pretty funny...nobody has ever adapted/stolen my "oracle of geek knowledge" line before. sweet!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
I know there are a ton of outstanding posts, but truthfully there is no way I can go through them all...
Hey Ken,

Welcome back ! What the heck took ya so long ? (just kidding)

People kinda knew you were away so there weren't that many questions, more just chat and opinions - if you feel upto it, you could skim through the questions by taking the link below and avoiding all the other idle chit chat. It may look daunting but in fact 2-3 pages of the 10 were taken up by a game of 'what number am i thinking off' held in your honor !

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5&perpage=15&pagenumber=167

Other things worth ya checking out are the 'Vacation Fozzie' thread where the price guide editor for Toyfare popped in, the mini's thread where there was plenty of debate, and the non-figure related items from Palisades thread where there are some very cool ideas from many people !

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
And going back a few pages-- Luke, whihc character on West Wing?
The guy who walked out the other week and is being replaced by another actor - Rob Lowe ?

Oh and i kinda posted the 'Palisades Panel' idea here because the MF threads had kinda died down a bit and i couldn't find them (i think we need a folder for Muppetfest) - i'll search it out and stick it there too.