Ask Ken at Palisades

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Ken,

Toy Fair is in the first week of Feburary, correct?

P.S. Did Resarus ever have the Looney Tunes license?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Luke, it is weird for Pepe, but I can't really think of anything else to give him that can reasonably match the outfit he is wearing.

BB, yes is in February, starting the 15th I believe. ReSaurus did have a Looney Tunes license to make hand and finger puppets. We never got them to market...but a few factory prototypes were made. They were cool.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Hey Ken, how does the Newsman's backdrop look? How does it stack up compared to the show (that is, were any liberties taken aside from scale)?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I don't really 'get' that, other than the fact i can't think of any other things to put with Pepe. It's putting MFS accessories in with him when he's not wearing a labcoat ? It just seems a little wierd.
Pepe wasn't wearing the labcoat when he entered the Door in a Jar. Might seem a little odd, but it was a remembered part of the movie and a big Pepe moment.

He could have come with an electric fan, playing cards, poker table, jacuzzi, tropical drink from MFS. None of those is as interesting as the Door in a Jar. I guess he could have come with an easel and pointer with an Eliphino diagram. That would have been kind of cute, but he wouldn't be wearing the right costume for that. Maybe for a Seymour & Pepe 2 pack later on.

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Gonzo-Camilla, Bugle (although you will all hate that the bugle design deviates from the show) and Box of Candy.

I'll forgive you, :stick_out_tongue: .

Congratulations on your recent marriage, Ken. I would have posted sooner, but my computer access has been rather spotty lately.

A box of candy with Gonzo? I guess the flowers didn't work out cost-wise / looked crappy / something. Oh well. BTW, is Gonzo's tux going to be the dark purple from the early shows or the light, sparkly purple from the later episodes? If you're still deciding (or have the option, since Henson has the final word), put me down for the original dark purple, but with shoes (since the early Gonzo was barefoot).

Cheers.

ExodiaTF1

Reaction score
Ken PLEASE HELP!!!!!
i recently got a animal playset on sunday night after bringing it home and opening the box, Animal's hand fell right off, i brought it back to electronics boutique but they said i couldn't return it cause the box was opened, Now i have no idea what i am going to do. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! :frown:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Pepe wasn't wearing the labcoat when he entered the Door in a Jar.
Oh yeah the door in a jar was earlier in the film right ? It's cool - just a little wierd. I'm sure it'll be great though, especially once we see it.

Dunno if there'll be more Pepe after the Tutu version but a tropical variant might be nice - use a bit of artisic liberty and put him in a hawian shirt - tropical drink and fan, maybe even shades and a leigh (or however you spell it). You can buy Jacuzzi sets from dolls house catalogues.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd actually like to see Elevator Operator Pepe more than Tutu Pepe, but I'm in the minority there. I'd love to see both.

The Door in a Jar part came at the end of the film after the lab coat scene. Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Rizzo and Pepe used the invisibility spray to break into COVNET, used the labcoats as a disquise once inside and used the Door in a Jar to escape. Pepe was the only one who used the door. He was the smallest, though Rizzo could have probably fit too.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hmm. The Tall Labcoat deal with Kermit and Pepe's heads sticking out the top and the different feet from underneath might make for neat something or others!! It would certainly be different than other figures--Taller than the others by all means, but fun.

Pepe--Yup. Odd accessories to come with, but certainly NOT an easy character to accessorize. I suppose if you looked at MT, MFS, and the new IAVMMCM and blended accessories from each of those. The only really cool thing about the Door in the Jar is that the Door is a Sesame Street reference, and if they make that door look just right, who knows what OTHER license Palisades could end up with (HINT HINT!!).

Sesame Street action figures at the same scale with the MS figs would be COOL! Or, I think so anyhow.

Back to Pepe, I don't really think the jacuzzi is such a necessity, but certainly the fan scene was memorable as the door in the jar. I really don't think anything else to be honest except the new Christmas movie when he had all the paperworks, okay?

On Gonzo, the tux, what if the suit itself was the darker purple and the lapels were somewhat satin-y? As far as "flowers" are concerned, like Luke said about ordering the Jacuzzi from a doll house thingy, such can go for those.

My deal with the accessories is that I REALLY don't want stuff that I can go out and buy from Hobby Lobby's dollhouse section. The more closer it stays to Muppetdom, the more I dig 'em!

Any how it goes, I'm sure we'll have fun with this stuff. I cannot WAIT to get my Mayhem set completed!! I have been playing with Teeth, Animal, and Floyd, and posing them and plaing "Can you Picture That" in the background and--well, DANG! This is fun!!

Can't wait for the Kitchen. My figures are getting HUNGRY!

GO PALISADES!! WOOHOO!!

GWGumby

Reaction score
Janice got the tambourine? SWEET!

And the bugle for Gonzo? Even better.

Can we assume the microphone with Janice comes with a stand?